Street Duramax Trucks to be banned

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
What would give you that impression ?

On edit...I'm pretty sure Moderators don't own the boards they work on, Admins do.
I could be wrong though.

If you think I am someone, just say what's on your mind.

edit #2 I did go look there but I can't find a Moderator with my username. I did see a regular member with the same name though but alas, we are not one and the same.

Crap!?? You mean you can EDIT threads here???? That is amazing. Regular members can't on your board. ;)

Anyhow, go on Competition Diesel if you are so adamant about stopping this 12 second nonsense and take a stand. I double-dog dare you.

Call out TTS and TS and the other supportors of this joke publically.

I won't hold my breath.

UNBROKEN

Mar 30, 2008
I'm simply responding to questions posed to me by other members, Sir.
I was in Bakersfield, Casper was in an enclosed trailer.
I didn't pay attention in Texas so I can't comment.

As for the tech in this thread, I'll say it again. I do not think there is any need for more requirements on 12 second trucks of ANY make, not just Duramax's.
I do however think a possible increase to 11.99 may be coming down the road from the current 11.49 rule but I have no say in that matter. It's just my opinion that it might happen sooner than later.

If any rules need to be applied to 12 second and slower trucks I think it should be limited to enforcing the crank centerline rules already in place and also making sure the trucks are on tires rated for both the weight and speeds being run.
I will say I am opposed to mud type tires being run on anything faster than the 13.5 range. I don't think many will argue they were not intended to race on and the huge sidewalls on most of them aren't the best choice for quick response if needed.

MAX707

Mar 4, 2008
Seems like somebody forgot these things break! I to will trailor my truck to events in case it needs a ride home. I just drove my GT42 Built Motor 4X4 700 miles with two 3500+ft montain passes to cross.

UNBROKEN

Mar 30, 2008
You are full of shit. I know this truck, and chase parts with it when it's at my shop. Pat or Kat drive Casper 70 miles each way when they drop him of and pick him up. It is towed as a convenience moron. Why don't you take your hate back to where you came from. You are sounding more and more like steve cole.

I completly believe you Mike, but when it's implied that the truck is driven cross country to race I have to say something, especially when I saw it in a trailer with my own two eyes.

Why is it I'm continually told to stay on "topic" when everyone else takes it off topic ? If I cannot reply to direct questions please tell me and I will stop.

And for the record, I am also not Steve Cole.

UNBROKEN

Mar 30, 2008
Anyhow, go on Competition Diesel if you are so adamant about stopping this 12 second nonsense and take a stand. I double-dog dare you.

Call out TTS and TS and the other supportors of this joke publically.

Please re-read posts 102, 103 and 122 of this thread. I have made my personal stance very clear.
Feel free to copy and paste them onto Competition Diesel as you see fit.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
I'm simply responding to questions posed to me by other members, Sir.
I was in Bakersfield, Casper was in an enclosed trailer.
I didn't pay attention in Texas so I can't comment.

As for the tech in this thread, I'll say it again. I do not think there is any need for more requirements on 12 second trucks of ANY make, not just Duramax's.
I do however think a possible increase to 11.99 may be coming down the road from the current 11.49 rule but I have no say in that matter. It's just my opinion that it might happen sooner than later.

If any rules need to be applied to 12 second and slower trucks I think it should be limited to enforcing the crank centerline rules already in place and also making sure the trucks are on tires rated for both the weight and speeds being run.
I will say I am opposed to mud type tires being run on anything faster than the 13.5 range. I don't think many will argue they were not intended to race on and the huge sidewalls on most of them aren't the best choice for quick response if needed.

You weren't at Bakersfield apparently. Casper had mud on it's tires from the farm road so we had to switch tires to race. Your site even had pictures of us having to change to the tires.

It did go home in a trailer since we have 3 trucks and 2 kids, yet only 2 parents. We drive to events as a family, hence the trailer. And for breakage.

There are already crank centerline rules. Tire speed rating is not available for many tires, including racing tires. But I'm a firm believer in "Tires are the #1 Performance Part". I don't go dancing in golf shoes.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
I completly believe you Mike, but when it's implied that the truck is driven cross country to race I have to say something, especially when I saw it in a trailer with my own two eyes.

Why is it I'm continually told to stay on "topic" when everyone else takes it off topic ? If I cannot reply to direct questions please tell me and I will stop.

And for the record, I am also not Steve Cole.

You are "UnBroken" on both Diesel Bombers and CompD.

Your grammar is too good to be from Compton. ;)

But the way you make up stuff might lead folk to believe you are one in the same.

UNBROKEN

Mar 30, 2008
You weren't at Bakersfield apparently. Casper had mud on it's tires from the farm road so we had to switch tires to race. Your site even had pictures of us having to change to the tires.

It did go home in a trailer since we have 3 trucks and 2 kids, yet only 2 parents. We drive to events as a family, hence the trailer. And for breakage.

There are already crank centerline rules. Tire speed rating is not available for many tires, including racing tires. But I'm a firm believer in "Tires are the #1 Performance Part". I don't go dancing in golf shoes.

I was in Bakersfield, parked precariously close to you in fact. Even said hi once or twice. :)
If it only went home in a trailer, how did it get to the track since by your own words you had 3 trucks and only 2 parents to drive ? You're telling the board here that Casper was driven from SoCal to Bakersfield under it's own power ?
How did the other 2 trucks and the enclosed trailer get there ?

And I am aware that there are crank height rules in place. I was merely stating that I think they should be enforced unlike they are now. Some of these trucks are just too tall to be running 11 and 12 second passes. I'm quite sure you agree.
In regards to tires. Many people are running their street tires well over their speed rating. I would like to see that checked more often. When someone runs say, 120 mph on a mud or all terrain type tire, I would think someone from the track would take a closer look at the tires to see if they're safe to run that fast on.
I'm all for enforcing current rules, as well as open to discussion about possible rule changes on the quicker classes.

Last edited:

UNBROKEN

Mar 30, 2008
You are "UnBroken" on both Diesel Bombers and CompD.

Your grammar is too good to be from Compton. ;)

But the way you make up stuff might lead folk to believe you are one in the same.

Wrong again, Sir. If you guess correctly I will be honest though. Carry on.

I could be from Long Beach and my grammer would be better than those who reside in Compton.:rofl:
My apologies for graduating high school.:D

Last edited:

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
I was in Bakersfield, parked precariously close to you in fact. Even said hi once or twice. :)
If it only went home in a trailer, how did it get to the track since by your own words you had 3 trucks and only 2 parents to drive ? You're telling the board here that Casper was driven from SoCal to Bakersfield under it's own power ?
How did the other 2 trucks and the enclosed trailer get there ?

And I am aware that there are crank height rules in place. I was merely stating that I think they should be enforced unlike they are now. Some of these trucks are just too tall to be running 11 and 12 second passes. I'm quite sure you agree.
In regards to tires. Many people are running their street tires well over their speed rating. I would like to see that checked more often. When someone runs say, 120 mph on a mud or all terrain type tire, I would think someone form the track would take a closer lok at the tires to see if they're safe to run that fast on.
I'm all for enforcing current rules, as well as open to discussion about possible rule changes on the quicker classes.

If this ends the sidetrack - We often drive to the hotel with the racecar/truck trailered for the night. In the morning, we unload and check the vehicle by driving it to the track. Dan from PPE drove Blue+trailer, Kat drove Wendy with the kids, and I drove Casper to Famoso.

Tire speed rating is based on load, pressure, heating and sustained speeds. What is safe for 1 minute is not safe for 4 hours.

Factory stock tires are certainly holding up well at 120+ in the quartermile with no problems. To be honest, I'm not seeing tire problems besides loss-of-control in 2wd. If they are occurring, it's rare.

dieselson

Oct 14, 2006
Huntington Beach, CA
Uh oh, TTS is invading. Personally, I think anyone who supports this rule wants to see daily driven diesel trucks banned from the sport basically. Almost no one will invest big $$$ on their tuning only truck to race it. Obviously TTS wants people like us out of the sport that bring attention to it. If you put these rules in effect, you might as well require that you wear a helmet just driving on the freeway. I really do think this would be the end to diesel racing as we know it.

NukleusX

Stuck in a P7100 world.
Thus why I plan on keeping my truck so low on the radar (keep same sig even once i have dyno sheets showing 500+ HP and well over 1000 TQ) that no one will give me crap when i say "oh yeah, i got an intake, and exhaust".

lets see em tear apart my motor to find my DVs, sticks, pump mods, etc. granted they can see a non-stock turbo on my truck, that is about ALL they can see....

but yeah as far as the last post above by dieselson, i think this is all BS myself as well and think that it could lead to such controversy as to as much as closing down diesel racing as we know it, thanks to some frucckin morons out there.

UGH

NukleusX

Stuck in a P7100 world.
People that hide their identities must be embarrased of who they are:D, or just pu$$ies:rofl:

oh, and for the record (not saying you are trying to incriminate me by any means rhall) i dont hide my identity anywhere. you can find me under this name at dieselbombers, thedieselgarage, socal black smoke, cummins forum, powerstroke forum, etc etc.

how bout these panzies who come here under false names just man the fukk up and stop being little biotches about things and get a damm life and tell who they are instead of being aliased?

what a bunch of BS that grown assed men have to be like this ONLINE. you flippin puussies from other sites. grow some freakin ballls. :rofl::rofl:

MAX707

Mar 4, 2008
oh, and for the record (not saying you are trying to incriminate me by any means rhall) i dont hide my identity anywhere. you can find me under this name at dieselbombers, thedieselgarage, socal black smoke, cummins forum, powerstroke forum, etc etc.

how bout these panzies who come here under false names just man the fukk up and stop being little biotches about things and get a damm life and tell who they are instead of being aliased?

what a bunch of BS that grown assed men have to be like this ONLINE. you flippin puussies from other sites. grow some freakin ballls. :rofl::rofl:
Well Said Bro!