Street Duramax Trucks to be banned

Dalpilot

Jun 5, 2008
CompD is making a trailer queen drag truck as are several of the sponsors/moderators.

Trailer Queen, how is a truck that was advertised from day 1 as a "Street driven truck" a trailer queen? WHat exactly would make it a trailer queen other than the fact that I plan to put it on a trailer to bring it to Texas from California, due to the fact that Hellman will be making it an intercooler once its finished? Seriously what about it makes it where you think it cannot be driven every day? Its got two sets of tires, http://www.jegs.com/p/Mickey+Thompson/758838/10002/-1/36694
(Look pretty streetable) and a set of Mickey Thompson......ET STREET tires. Not even a set of Slicks? Twin turbos, intercooled, licensed, insured, and oh yeah a 10 point cage, (sorry it should turn low 9's if it will hook up). 4 Link rear end, radiator, full cooling system, dash works, no radio, but not gonna hear much with stacks right behind ya anyway. SO again Pat, tell me what makes it unable to drive on the street? I would very much like to get it done and have some testing time before September, and try to do Drag Week, but unfortunately custom parts take time, and that time line is out of my control.

How did you get your truck to Bakersfield Pat? If I remember correctly I saw it in a trailer.

I have never taken a shot at your accomplishments or your truck Pat, NEVER. While we may differ on our views towards safety and many, many other areas, what you have done with your trucks is impressive. If your opinions on what I may be building are that it is a trailer Queen, I would like to see where you are getting that information from. I drove my trucks from Austin Texas this year to events in Bakersfield, Bowling Green, Steele Alabama, and many other locations closer. Never once were any of them on a trailer. While the thought of having a trailer to put a truck on that might break 2000 miles from home might sound a little crazy to you, I will most likely be doing that for the longer events, but have no doubt that once it gets there it will be making beer, and food runs between track times. Again, if you feel the need to cheapen someone who is just getting into the Diesel racing world, to make your point, I ask you to tell me what facts, or speculations you have to support your "trailer Queen" comment.

Have fun racing, see you at the track, and at the grocery store!;)

Tim, (AKA: Dalpilot) Won't let me register under Dalpilot on your sight for some reason!

Dalpilot

Jun 5, 2008
Thanks Kat, I don't know if I had already registered, but none of my usual passwords worked. I figured Baja302 was the next best, given I practically live on it now.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Trailer Queen, how is a truck that was advertised from day 1 as a "Street driven truck" a trailer queen? WHat exactly would make it a trailer queen other than the fact that I plan to put it on a trailer to bring it to Texas from California, due to the fact that Hellman will be making it an intercooler once its finished? Seriously what about it makes it where you think it cannot be driven every day? Its got two sets of tires, http://www.jegs.com/p/Mickey+Thompson/758838/10002/-1/36694
(Look pretty streetable) and a set of Mickey Thompson......ET STREET tires. Not even a set of Slicks? Twin turbos, intercooled, licensed, insured, and oh yeah a 10 point cage, (sorry it should turn low 9's if it will hook up). 4 Link rear end, radiator, full cooling system, dash works, no radio, but not gonna hear much with stacks right behind ya anyway. SO again Pat, tell me what makes it unable to drive on the street? I would very much like to get it done and have some testing time before September, and try to do Drag Week, but unfortunately custom parts take time, and that time line is out of my control.

How did you get your truck to Bakersfield Pat? If I remember correctly I saw it in a trailer.

I have never taken a shot at your accomplishments or your truck Pat, NEVER. While we may differ on our views towards safety and many, many other areas, what you have done with your trucks is impressive. If your opinions on what I may be building are that it is a trailer Queen, I would like to see where you are getting that information from. I drove my trucks from Austin Texas this year to events in Bakersfield, Bowling Green, Steele Alabama, and many other locations closer. Never once were any of them on a trailer. While the thought of having a trailer to put a truck on that might break 2000 miles from home might sound a little crazy to you, I will most likely be doing that for the longer events, but have no doubt that once it gets there it will be making beer, and food runs between track times. Again, if you feel the need to cheapen someone who is just getting into the Diesel racing world, to make your point, I ask you to tell me what facts, or speculations you have to support your "trailer Queen" comment.

Have fun racing, see you at the track, and at the grocery store!;)

Tim, (AKA: Dalpilot) Won't let me register under Dalpilot on your sight for some reason!

There you go again, saying Casper was not driven to the track at Bakersfield.

Again, and again, and again. Casper was driven to the track at Bandimere, Baytown, and Bakersfield just to disprove you and your groupies, but then you lie about it even when you see it with your own eyes.

Did it ever occur to you that when you have children, and 3 trucks going to an event, events are hundreds or thousands of miles out, you must have a trailer for support? Guess not.

I'm hopping in the truck to go make pickup and deliveries right now.

But that is NOT what this thread is about. Casper HAS a rollbar in it, and has NEVER run ONE pass without the proper NHRA equipment. ie- It had a rollbar in it before it went 11.49.

This thread is about you and your cousins trying to restrict "tuning-only" racers. You never seem to come up with a good example of why you are not full of sheet on the subject. Give it another try?

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
:argue:
Tim!

Your whole site is based mostly on exclusion rather than inclusion. I call it the Drama Club, and the same players are in it just like HS.

You are allowed to have a differing opinion on this board, but be careful of what you say here as other sites might not be as forgiving of free thought.

Us? We will continue to wrench on our hotrods and race/pull with them regardless of whether we have the appropriate sponsors as our bosses.

Dalpilot

Jun 5, 2008
There you go again, saying Casper was not driven to the track at Bakersfield.
I parked 3 spots over from your trailer, did it drive itself there? Trailer queen implies having a trailer does it not?
Did it ever occur to you that when you have children, and 3 trucks going to an event, events are hundreds or thousands of miles out, you must have a trailer for support? Guess not.

So if you trailer it in its for "Support" if others trailer theirs in its cause its a trailer queen?

There you go Pat you always find a way to Not answer the question asked. :rolleyes: What gives/ gave you the idea, incling, notion, perception that my truck will be a trailer queen? If the topic is of the thread, you brought it up, start a new thread, ban me, whatever, but the fact of the matter is you insinuate my truck is a trailer queen, why?

Last edited:

Dalpilot

Jun 5, 2008
This thread is about you and your cousins trying to restrict "tuning-only" racers. You never seem to come up with a good example of why you are not full of sheet on the subject. Give it another try?

Where have I ever said that, show me a single place. I said, I think its smart, and given my career, and a MAS degree in crash investigation, I felt/feel that erring on the side of safety is smart. It was a discussion, (a very looooong time ago too that apparently you want to keep alive.), asking if folks felt that current safety levels were adequate, thats all. Your predictions of doom and gloom were, and continue to be false.

Pat, I will not bother arguing with you on the subject, and will not stoop to your level of condescension. Again, see you at the track, and at the grocery!:hello:

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
There you go Pat you always find a way to Not answer the question asked. :rolleyes: What gives/ gave you the idea, incling, notion, perception that my truck will be a trailer queen? If the topic is of the thread, you brought it up, start a new thread, ban me, whatever, but the fact of the matter is you insinuate my truck is a trailer queen, why?

I've seen a "CompD" twin-charger "Street Truck" up close and personal. :D
TS Performance was towing it to the start line and spraying ether into it to keep it running. ;)

Post a picture of your truck at the hardware store today.

Dalpilot

Jun 5, 2008
Mine is currently at Genes shop having the rear end installed, but if you would like I am sure I can arrange a tour. My red truck is hooked to my 8000# boat on a 3000# trailer outside if you would like a picture of that "trailer queen". Again, can you please answer the question: what part of my truck build makes you say it is going to be a trailer queen? You would rather just make an off color, non factual comment, than answer the question? Come on Pat, please tell me when you have seen any of my trucks, while not in the build process on a trailer, and what leads you to call the one I am building a trailer queen!

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Mine is currently at Genes shop having the rear end installed, but if you would like I am sure I can arrange a tour. My red truck is hooked to my 8000# boat on a 3000# trailer outside if you would like a picture of that "trailer queen". Again, can you please answer the question: what part of my truck build makes you say it is going to be a trailer queen? You would rather just make an off color, non factual comment, than answer the question? Come on Pat, please tell me when you have seen any of my trucks, while not in the build process on a trailer, and what leads you to call the one I am building a trailer queen!

Oh, your "street truck" is actually in the process of being assembled from the ground up. My bad.

I was lucky, my GMC came from the factory already assembled. ;)

Pic of Casper at the Hardware Store, I needed a pulley tool:

Attachments

• DSC00477.JPG
    DSC00477.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC00482.JPG
    DSC00482.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC00481.JPG
    DSC00481.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 29

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
Oh, your "street truck" is actually in the process of being assembled from the ground up. My bad.

Dang it :eek: I forgot you put the factory seats back in. I should have taken it to dog parts :angel:

Dalpilot

Jun 5, 2008

Sorry Pat, I felt like doing something different with my "Street truck" I tried to find the 6.0 diesel Ranger, but they had a shortage at the time, so I decided to do it myself. So since your "street truck" has aftermarket parts on it and different tuning than it came from the factory with, by your definition it is no longer a "Street truck"? I guess all the old Chevy trucks driving around with Big blocks, EFI conversions are no longer "street trucks" ? I'll alert all the rodders that they are no longer allowed to drive their "Street rods" on the street because they didn't come from the factory that way. So if I go to the hardware store to pick up a pulley tool in my truck does that make it a street truck?

I thought this was a Trailer Queen discussion, not whether or not its a "Street truck"? Please make up your mind, I am getting confused myself? You should run for office, you dodge questions better than any politician. How is it a trailer queen?

By the way, your license plate is missing off your "Street Truck"

Mcrat_.JPG

Last edited:

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
I'll tell him to be careful. This his Casper normally :D

Attachments

• 100_0298a.jpg
    100_0298a.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC00452.JPG
    DSC00452.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 40

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
DaPilot,

But more to the point, whether or not your 9-sec Ranger Project is street-legal or not is pointless.

Nothing but a red-herring.

Try this:

Take an HONEST poll on your site:

Do we need tighter than NHRA safety regulations for diesel pickups running 12 seconds and slower?

A) Yes - Put tighter rules on the diesel pickups than gas pickups.
B) No - The existing safety rules are working well.
C) Are you NUTS??? 80mph ruins my Depends Undergarments. These are TOW vehicles, you should be ashamed of your self for going over 55!!!

Your "staff" made it seem like they vote "A", yet the racers on your site seems to overwhelming vote "B".

Doesn't that strike you odd?

Last edited:

duramaximizer

#1 Abuse Enabler ;)
May 4, 2008
Edgerton, Ohio
7, 8, 9, 10, 11 second trucks aren't affected by this attempt.

The crew that is demanding this are pretty much just Timeshare Salesmen. Why do I think that? Their tactics:

"Bait-n-Switch" - A truck built for 9's crashes, so the demands for more safety are made. Not for 9 second trucks, for the ones that DON'T crash.

"Wrap the Flag around it" - By personifying the wreck with the name of good man, if you don't agree with them, you hate NICE PEOPLE.

"Think of the Children" - Get the wife's up there to say they don't want to be a widow, and if you are against them, you are against families.

But this same group ignores rules wholesale, even safety rules, as long as it helps their pals. If you don't like them cheating, see "Wrap The Flag".

So the question you must ask, is "What Are They Selling" and "What is their Markup"?

Ignore their "tactics", it's salesmanship. Funny how none of them will actually discuss the issue. They even halted all discussion of it on their board. Guess it sucks when you get caught pulling a scam and folk find out.

This reminds me of the democrats side of the 9-11 story and how we got into Iraq, but that's a different topic.