Street Duramax Trucks to be banned

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I've never seen a differing opinion be deleted.
Disagreed with, yes.
Thick skin goes a long way on the internet. If you pack up your toys and leave when someone disagrees with you rather than stick around and talk it out, you have noone to blame for the sour taste in your mouth but yourself.
See, that's my opinion. You may disagree, doesn't mean I'm gonna run away because of it.

Now, since I know at least one person will say they were banned for their differing opinions, allow me to say in advance that that is not true.

I never said deleted; you did. I am not crying that I am no longer a member at CompD; I chose to leave and explained why, no reason to blame anyone if it's a choice, right?
My posts here and there were respectfull without crying or blame or any drama but you have to come in here with your opinion and try and make something of it. Why, are you bored?

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
First off Mike i wasnt referring to you about the Perrys.how do i act like i know everything?was gary over his head,idk he wrecked so something went wrong,i just dont think it was driver inexperience i think it was a mistake.we all make them.i am fine with people having an opinion,i just ask how else do you get training or become qualified other than by making passes.which Gary has many,although not in that truck.Mike i respect your tranny and tq con knowledge.as far as my board dude i am just a member like here and diesel place and dtr.i dont control what happens there i guess a lot of like minded people are there.you wernt kicked off compd were you ?you left on your own i thought.as far as differeing opinions i am getting hammered pretty well on this board for having a different opinion.how is that any different.

I call it your board because you are of the same opinion as everone and their wives over there. That's ok; nothing wrong with having a tight knit group that sticks together. The subject of Gary crashing was not the reason I left your board,; just the straw that broke the camels back is all. CompD is not my kind of place and I left; that's it. My personality did not mix well with theirs. I did not pick up my toys and go home and I am not angry so don't try and make something out of nothing.
You don't see me badmouthing CompD and I do like some of the people there. You guys can come here and argue all you want and have fun. Just don't start making something out of nothing concerning me.

J Spruill

bringer of truth
Mar 30, 2008
I call it your board because you are of the same opinion as everone and their wives over there. That's ok; nothing wrong with having a tight knit group that sticks together. The subject of Gary crashing was not the reason I left your board,; just the straw that broke the camels back is all. CompD is not my kind of place and I left; that's it. My personality did not mix well with theirs. I did not pick up my toys and go home and I am not angry so don't try and make something out of nothing.
You don't see me badmouthing CompD and I do like some of the people there. You guys can come here and argue all you want and have fun. Just don't start making something out of nothing concerning me.
Mike the comment you made on Gary was a somewhat drastic shift from your previos quotes in the thread.i dont think it was posted in the best manner,perhaps you could have had a better way of saying it.of course the guys wife is going to take up for him if not she shouldnt be his wife.as for Sheila i got the impression that she was clapping about the way your post sounded,kind of kicking a guy while he is down.of course she may have been claaping the whole post ,i just took it the other way. as far as sarting something perhaps i am misreading or mising some of your previos post or perhaps you are not getting exactly what i am trying to say.who knows.wasnt trying to make something i was simply replying to the post you directed to me...

bigbird

Sep 18, 2006
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
gary's daily driver truck ,the one he had before he bought this race truck ran back after back 7.3s in the eight mile.now with the exception of pat and myself none of you other guys have even come close to making these times.what qualifies as proper training?go ahead 13 second 1/4 mile guys tell me what makes you qualified.many of you guys spouting your mouths off will never i repeat never make low 7sec 8th mile passes,but you see some one who has made more passes than your all talk no go asses will ever make and you jump his crap.the whole thread at comp d was about safety no one was pushing for bars in 12 second trucks.peple are looking to prevent accidents and save lives.it want b hard to do most members here only have fast mouths not trucks....

Is this the part where we bow too you. Just because people aren't internet queens doesn't determine whether they have fast trucks or not.

Diesel power

Jun 2, 2008
maryland
I don't know what that truck was capable of running or what it did run. Surely it wasn't 12's from the looks of it?

I think the rules should be left alone. Not sure how 12 second trucks actually not brought into it.

The sponsors and tuners who are not driving should stay out of it IMO.

I still think that if the rules change it will increase street racing and then even more lives are going to be put at risk :( and it won't be the ones who will be given the choice in the matter.

i agree, the rules are fine where there at. IHRA/NHRA have done there home work and know what rules should be in place for the ET and speed of these trucks. there is nothing that has been deemed nessisary that we need to address another avenue of saftey.

not sure how fast the truck would have gone but it would have gone very fast.

Diesel power

Jun 2, 2008
maryland
Funny, this is coming from a guy that registers with a new name about once a week. It usually takes members a few days to sniff him out with his useless and off-base posts.

I'll be sure to pass along your feelings towards the Perrys, Wade. I'm sure they'll both lose 2-3 nights sleep over it.:rolleyes:

once again, you comprehend my post's about as well as you race:rofl:

Bako_Dmax

GTO Slayer
Apr 3, 2008
Bako
gary's daily driver truck ,the one he had before he bought this race truck ran back after back 7.3s in the eight mile.now with the exception of pat and myself none of you other guys have even come close to making these times.what qualifies as proper training?go ahead 13 second 1/4 mile guys tell me what makes you qualified.many of you guys spouting your mouths off will never i repeat never make low 7sec 8th mile passes,but you see some one who has made more passes than your all talk no go asses will ever make and you jump his crap.the whole thread at comp d was about safety no one was pushing for bars in 12 second trucks.peple are looking to prevent accidents and save lives.it want b hard to do most members here only have fast mouths not trucks....

Woopty do, perhaps many of us will never go that fast in our trucks but I would be willing to bet many have gone that fast in other vehicles. Ive made several 9.8x passes at 145+ in several different cars and bikes but who cares.

Until you look into the mirror and see long hair, beard, wear sandles and can walk on water, who are you to tell what people will, wont, or cant do?:confused:

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal

Preventing acidents is your goal Right? do you know what the likely hood of a roll over in our trucks or any car for that matter? Do you know tht roll over is the least likely cause of death in any car or truck ? do you know strikeing the roll bar with your head in sudden impact with a helemet can generate forces greater then tht of a unprotected head with no roll bar? IM curious to seee what research you guys have done into this. Y do i ask becuase i can answer every question. I have been involved in the fire service for over 8 years and 5 of those years where in specialty extracations situtaions. and crash saftey and research. I have over 100 hrs in crash saftey and extrcation classes and continue my education evn thoe im not curentley active in the fire dept do to a injury a year ago. If preventing acidents is your goal learn wht the real dangers are. and if you wooried about the spectators and your familey learn what needs to be fixed to adress tht as well. As far as saying most have fast mouths and not trucks. is just not true. wether it be truck bike car boat or plane there is alot of racing experince here. and have gone may times faster then 120 +mph. and danger is danger at any speed or event learn wht you can do to prevent it and dont try to throw wht you think are good ideas at things without research.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
This board has perhaps the highest ratio of "helmet and faster" pickup drivers of any website.

No, not alot of 9 second and quicker racecars, but alot of very fast daily drivers. Not many 14 second trucks here.

Hence we are the most affected by such nonsense.

bigbird

Sep 18, 2006
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
This board has perhaps the highest ratio of "helmet and faster" pickup drivers of any website.

No, not alot of 9 second and quicker racecars, but alot of very fast daily drivers. Not many 14 second trucks here.

what good is a 9 sec. truck if you don't know how drive it, crash and everyone wants to change the rules because of it.:D

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Mike the comment you made on Gary was a somewhat drastic shift from your previos quotes in the thread.i dont think it was posted in the best manner,perhaps you could have had a better way of saying it.of course the guys wife is going to take up for him if not she shouldnt be his wife.as for Sheila i got the impression that she was clapping about the way your post sounded,kind of kicking a guy while he is down.of course she may have been claaping the whole post ,i just took it the other way. as far as sarting something perhaps i am misreading or mising some of your previos post or perhaps you are not getting exactly what i am trying to say.who knows.wasnt trying to make something i was simply replying to the post you directed to me...

Let's just drop it Jess. I don't agree and am not trying to convince you.

J Spruill

bringer of truth
Mar 30, 2008
Is this the part where we bow too you. Just because people aren't internet queens doesn't determine whether they have fast trucks or not.
no i hope not,perhaps my verbage was wrong.i dont think i am better than anyone else.i was trying to ask that how do you guys think a driver becomes ready for a fast truck.i would think by driving fast trucks ,do you agree.my wording was strong but in my opinion was just an equal reaction to the post that contained a differing opinion.i am not here to try and ruin you guys website,i onkly wanted to try and make sure the other side of the fence is represented..

J Spruill

bringer of truth
Mar 30, 2008
Woopty do, perhaps many of us will never go that fast in our trucks but I would be willing to bet many have gone that fast in other vehicles. Ive made several 9.8x passes at 145+ in several different cars and bikes but who cares.

Until you look into the mirror and see long hair, beard, wear sandles and can walk on water, who are you to tell what people will, wont, or cant do?:confused:

please see earlier post first.where did i say what you can or cant do?i said most critisizing havent gone or will never go that fast.i also asked for how do you qualify as a driver.still no answer from you guys on that yet.i think you also know thatdriving fast car and motorcyle passes is nothng like a truck.big difference just like a 2x4 and a 4x4 truck...

J Spruill

bringer of truth
Mar 30, 2008
Preventing acidents is your goal Right? do you know what the likely hood of a roll over in our trucks or any car for that matter? Do you know tht roll over is the least likely cause of death in any car or truck ? do you know strikeing the roll bar with your head in sudden impact with a helemet can generate forces greater then tht of a unprotected head with no roll bar? IM curious to seee what research you guys have done into this. Y do i ask becuase i can answer every question. I have been involved in the fire service for over 8 years and 5 of those years where in specialty extracations situtaions. and crash saftey and research. I have over 100 hrs in crash saftey and extrcation classes and continue my education evn thoe im not curentley active in the fire dept do to a injury a year ago. If preventing acidents is your goal learn wht the real dangers are. and if you wooried about the spectators and your familey learn what needs to be fixed to adress tht as well. As far as saying most have fast mouths and not trucks. is just not true. wether it be truck bike car boat or plane there is alot of racing experince here. and have gone may times faster then 120 +mph. and danger is danger at any speed or event learn wht you can do to prevent it and dont try to throw wht you think are good ideas at things without research.
all good info,does your trasinign and knowledge roll over into race type situation,i mean by this ,i would assume there to be a difference in speeds and impacts in daily driving versus racing type applications.perhaps not,what do you think.tobviously my reply is bringing out the racers in this site perhaps i should have said those that have been posting on this topic already as my reply was in responce to them.as far as answering all the questions you listed,just fo compariosns sake will you list them for say 35,55,and 65 mph for say 3500 and 7000 lb pound vehicles.i think it would give us something to discuss with actual statiscal data.this is the type of info we need.if you could the please list the same data for 95,115 and 125 mph i would assume if you can even find it that there will be much different data,perhaps not.please understand this i dont want new rules just being made.Wade made a comment about nhra and ihrs makeing safe rules i personly dont think they had 11 and 12 sec 700lb diesel trucks with non speed rated tires in mind when they made the rules.i think it will be better for us to try and come up with some saftey standards ourselves before some one else does it for us..

J Spruill

bringer of truth
Mar 30, 2008
OWWW!!! That's going to leave a mark! :D[/QUOTE} no mark left but i will try to keep my postings here to refrain from attacking and profanity from now on.i should have taken the high road even though i felt others werent

J Spruill

bringer of truth
Mar 30, 2008

a good reason for all your memeber to be watching this thread and posting info and opinions...

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
7, 8, 9, 10, 11 second trucks aren't affected by this attempt.

The crew that is demanding this are pretty much just Timeshare Salesmen. Why do I think that? Their tactics:

"Bait-n-Switch" - A truck built for 9's crashes, so the demands for more safety are made. Not for 9 second trucks, for the ones that DON'T crash.

"Wrap the Flag around it" - By personifying the wreck with the name of good man, if you don't agree with them, you hate NICE PEOPLE.

"Think of the Children" - Get the wife's up there to say they don't want to be a widow, and if you are against them, you are against families.

But this same group ignores rules wholesale, even safety rules, as long as it helps their pals. If you don't like them cheating, see "Wrap The Flag".

So the question you must ask, is "What Are They Selling" and "What is their Markup"?

Ignore their "tactics", it's salesmanship. Funny how none of them will actually discuss the issue. They even halted all discussion of it on their board. Guess it sucks when you get caught pulling a scam and folk find out.