Street Duramax Trucks to be banned

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
"IF" someone presented proof that something more was needed...would you reconsider or would you stick to your guns ?
Would you eat the crow if it was served up to to you ?

If "someone" could show me a greater incidence of diesel pickup accidents than cars or gasoline trucks at the >11.50 range, or more serious injuries, I will apologize to every Goat Boy on CD that I offended. Which is all of them! :D

I've been to hundreds of drag events, and diesel pickup accidents are far lower than:

Mustang
Lightning
SRT-10
Corvette
Viper
Camaro
Firebird

Even when we do have trouble, there is seldom a serious injury.

But that "kinetic energy essay" cuts nothing with me. That reasoning would indicate the most injuries are coming from the Big Rigs, and the Mustangs are the safest.

UNBROKEN

Mar 30, 2008
whos truck weighs 7500lbs, mine don't even tip 7k with my ranch hands and a full tank

For Christs sake...are we really splitting hairs down that small ?

You do realize there are other makes of diesel trucks right ? Some of those trucks do weigh more than your average DMax.
Some of them are over *GASP*....8000 lbs.

My 2wd CC short bed F250 weighs 7600lbs with me in it.
It's got a lot of stuff added to it....but that's irrelevant.

UNBROKEN

Mar 30, 2008
If "someone" could show me a greater incidence of diesel pickup accidents than cars or gasoline trucks at the >11.50 range, or more serious injuries, I will apologize to every Goat Boy on CD that I offended. Which is all of them! :D

I've been to hundreds of drag events, and diesel pickup accidents are far lower than:

Mustang
Lightning
SRT-10
Corvette
Viper
Camaro
Firebird

Even when we do have trouble, there is seldom a serious injury.

But that "kinetic energy essay" cuts nothing with me. That reasoning would indicate the most injuries are coming from the Big Rigs, and the Mustangs are the safest.

Where do you think that would stand if there were an equal amount of ~11.50 diesels running as there are the other cars you mention ?

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Where do you think that would stand if there were an equal amount of ~11.50 diesels running as there are the other cars you mention ?

I most often see the 13 second Mustang/Camaro/Vette/Viper/Sporttruck go into the wall.

Why? Dunno. I could venture a guess that most the 300+ HP sportscars run in that time slot, and they are very common.

2500HeavyDuty

Book 'em, Danno!
Feb 14, 2008
Katy, Tx
www.myspace.com
For Christs sake...are we really splitting hairs down that small ?

You do realize there are other makes of diesel trucks right ? Some of those trucks do weigh more than your average DMax.
Some of them are over *GASP*....8000 lbs.

My 2wd CC short bed F250 weighs 7600lbs with me in it.
It's got a lot of stuff added to it....but that's irrelevant.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

J Spruill

bringer of truth
Mar 30, 2008
I didn't weigh the bar separately. But our CG is about where your butt is on a stock Dmax. Maybe a couple inches lower. Most of the bar is above the CG.
so from pictures i have seen of you and lumping myself in there with you we are more likely to have a truck flip over than a smaller lighter person.i gotta go on a diet:D

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
At what point are you NOT in over your head?.

This is a bad analogy and typical of a lot of you Comp guys.

Let's say we both are sky divers and are ready to jump out of the plane. Are we both in over our heads? Damn right; but one of us decides to do it without a properly packed chute and just holds it in his hand till he's ready to deploy it. :eek: Next move is to contact all gov. agencies and have this investigated. They in turn will set new safety rules for everybody and find a way to tax it and make it impossible to have any fun anymore. Nothing happens to the guy that held his chute in his hand; he's forgotten. He is a nice guy with a wonderfull family and everyone likes him.:D

UNBROKEN

Mar 30, 2008
It was a rhetorical question Mike...not a statement.
Relax....you'll feel much better.