Sprayed the LLY again....

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
You will get there someday Jason! And maybe put a smile on your kids face by them riding with you on your first pass!

Reading thru someone said they are launching by rpm, sound of the turbo. With Danvilles 72 what are you guys leaving the line at? Rpm/boost? Anything higher than 10 psi I spin all four tires. I have cal trac's and rancho 9k out back and QA1 double adjustable up front set on the stiffest setting.

Do you hammer the throttle right after letting off the brake?

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
Do you hammer the throttle right after letting off the brake?

Glad you brought that up... I think many would be surprised to know logs show a lot of guys are not at 100% throttle position! I have a theory that the initial effect of the launch forcing you back in your seat may influence your foots hold on that accelerator. Has happened to myself as well as a few guys local to me whose trucks I've logged.

PIN IT TO WIN IT BOYS!

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
You will get there someday Jason! And maybe put a smile on your kids face by them riding with you on your first pass!

Reading thru someone said they are launching by rpm, sound of the turbo. With Danvilles 72 what are you guys leaving the line at? Rpm/boost? Anything higher than 10 psi I spin all four tires. I have cal trac's and rancho 9k out back and QA1 double adjustable up front set on the stiffest setting.

Depending on the track prep and temp, I can leave at 17-20psi Anything more and I spin. On the street I have launched at 20psi and pushed through the brakes, hopped and then hooked. I'm on 305/50/20 Nitto 420s with my tbolts out and pass cranked 2 times.