Sprayed the LLY again....

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
10 but 20 comes on very fast. I will be going back to my S420's next TNT.
Me too, I launch between 10-12psi and hit 20 almost as soon as I let off the binders. I've got a pretty tight converter tho, my trans guy said it's something between a 56 & 57, initial stall happens about 1650 and is fully engaged about 2200rpm at which point I will be hitting close to 12psi and pulling thru the brakes, even with ssbc big bites and ebc yellow stuff pads(warm too)

40 psi!? That's insane! My 72 doesn't even hit that pinned :rof
Wow, really? I hit 42psi on my 4094avant with stock fueling:)

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
I'm on stock fueling too, and a 4094 is smaller. Also what elevation were you at?

Sea level:woott:
The turbos share the same turbine, but yours has a larger compressor, which would lead me to believe that you should be able to make the same amount of boost, even at altitude, due to having the larger compressor wheel.
Weird that you can stage 20psi at altitude, but seem to choke out at upper rpm and can't make max boost? I'm sure theres a scientific reason:eek:

Last edited:

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
Sea level:woott:

Weird that you can stage 20psi at altitude, but seem to choke out at upper rpm and can't make max boost? I'm sure there a scientific reason:eek:

I don't need to make max boost, and don't want to overspeed the turbo and get out of its efficiency. (High egt's) and it's a 72, moves more air at a lower psi. I have seen 40 with my 4094. Plus I'm on a wimpy 2500 us tune.

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
I don't need to make max boost, and don't want to overspeed the turbo and get out of its efficiency. (High egt's) and it's a 72, moves more air at a lower psi. I have seen 40 with my 4094. Plus I'm on a wimpy 2500 us tune.

...ok

Chavez91

People Go Outside?
May 30, 2012
Heh. Wouldn't you like to know
It's not nerves, when I first started racing I would get jittery, think about forgetting to put in 4wd, click my log button, get yelled at for turning off the track at the wrong spot, etc. but that has all long come and gone at this point.

When I'm focusing on running my best time I will sit at the line after the green is lit and the other car is gone, getting the truck to leave at the perfect time and focusing on starting the spray at the proper time.

I have a few ideas to try out that involve keeping my front end down. As you know I run the cognito lift with the key bolts out all the time. This makes my front end very floaty and soft, and when I launch hard it lifts too high and puts angle on my CVs, causing bad torque steer.

Before my next trip to the strip I will have some kind of limiting strap set up, and I think that it will make a big difference.

Sent from my iPhone.

Limiting chains yo! I'll build you a set of my customs for FREE! :p

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
I was just gonna order the ORW ones. They are like 30 for the pair. I think I need 17 or 18", ill measure again today. A lot depends on the mounting points I decide to use.

Sent from my iPhone.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
get quadruple wrapped ones. double wrapped stretch too much and become loose after two runs. unless you buy the adjustable end for it