LLY: RCSB 1500 LLY round 2

thunder550

Apr 2, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Good idea. How much water to simple green do you use? Does the starter have to come out to get the p/s block plug? I hate that f**king thing :roflmao:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
i cant remember on that plug. its been a long time since i drained the block on a dmax in the truck.

in your case, id put a 1/4 of a gallon of the concentrate in, then fill with water. a little goes a long ways with simple green

Fandango

Aug 7, 2013
Mefis
If there is a next time with that Fiberglass wrap, soak it with water first. That'll help with the itchies. It'll also cling tighter to the pipe, once it dries.

Great progress, keep it up!

thunder550

Apr 2, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Cool, looks like I'll be doing a flush then. Still curious to pull some of the milky looking stuff out and see if I can figure out what it is.

Do you guys use distilled water for the flush, or just tap water?

AKlowriderZ71

May 14, 2012
Wyoming
I have done this a couple times when trans coolers broke in people's radiators.

Half quart of simple green with tap water. Drain, and do it again. Then again with just straight tap water, then the last time with Prestone Flush and distilled water. Usually comes out super clean, then fill with coolant & distilled water.

AKlowriderZ71

May 14, 2012
Wyoming
I may have mis-led you on the block heater hole. I thought it was a threaded plug like the gas LS engines. I went looking for a pic of my Goodwrench, and it looks like it is a regular soft plug?

Maybe the plug to the left (and down) in this pic is a block drain? But I'd guess it's an oil gallery. I don't know. Hopefully somebody will chime in.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
On the driver side below the oil cooler is a block drain I think... Not 100% sure on lly. But I'll crawl under mine in a few and look

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Yep directly below the oil cooler
69119cbd95eb4823fc9308938dca6b24.jpg

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Simple green will foam like crazy, I overflowed the parts washer at work once when I ran out of the normal soap...

Anyways, we use dishwasher detergent at work (antifoaming), the liquid stuff is the best the powder can clog up the surge hose. I have had upwards of 50+ gallons of oil in the radiators of some machines, this stuff works like magic;) Two or three flush jobs will usually do the trick. We send machines back to work for several hours between flushings to let the detergent really work. Nothing wrong with some full power runs to get the coolant moving good.