Info: Quad Turbo Update

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
From what I recall I think an industrial truck put down 2300 at the wheels but I’m not 100% confident that’s accurate. Nor am I sure of the setup. I’ve heard of seemingly top secret engine dyno numbers exceeding 3k by word of mouth but haven’t been able to find anything to back them up.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
From what I recall I think an industrial truck put down 2300 at the wheels but I’m not 100% confident that’s accurate. Nor am I sure of the setup. I’ve heard of seemingly top secret engine dyno numbers exceeding 3k by word of mouth but haven’t been able to find anything to back them up.

If you are talking about Jared’s truck, that thing has a cummins in his chevy chassis

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
If you are talking about Jared’s truck, that thing has a cummins in his chevy chassis

No it was a dmax powered truck. Might have been a customer. Talked to a buddy and he said it never hit 2000 or higher after that so might have been a fluke.

While on the subject though I don’t know who would do something so blasphemous. There’s enough shitty Fargo’s out there to drop a built engine in.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
No it was a dmax powered truck. Might have been a customer. Talked to a buddy and he said it never hit 2000 or higher after that so might have been a fluke.

While on the subject though I don’t know who would do something so blasphemous. There’s enough shitty Fargo’s out there to drop a built engine in.

Agreed! I’ve already told mark that if we ever upgrade the chassis on the race cummins to go to a different class, I’m buying the old dodge chassis and putting a duramax in it lmao

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
I am not saying I will be doing anything any better than anyone else up to this point, I am just another attempt at pushing it to that point and learning what it wants to go further. Off the top of your head who is building the most HP with the duramax currently?

In my opinion at this point a semi affordable wet block that holds up would be the next step to further the Duramax high performance industry.

FORBIDN

FORBIDN ENGINEERING
Oct 23, 2009
Billings,Mt
Integrex

I was thinking a non-affordable exotic alloy wet block would be good.......carved out on one of the most accurate machines in the world. That might just do it!

Attachments

• IMG_2995.jpg
    IMG_2995.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 145

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
Before the argument I don’t have time for starts I’ll sum it all up because I’m not replying again. I tried to just give you an answer to what the current issue is at this time but you wanted to keep the attitude with your not funny reply.

Cool project I hope you finish it and get to learn from it. Modesty is usually the best policy. Do something first then maybe brag about it. Even then it’s best to not.

There are lots of people pushing these trucks very very hard everyday and they have been since before you even started this 8 years ago.

What looks good paper usually/almost always doesn’t do shit in real life at the track.

Unless your trans plans changed you’re not going anywhere with the project.

FORBIDN

FORBIDN ENGINEERING
Oct 23, 2009
Billings,Mt
I am by no means bragging or indicating any type of arrogance, your first comment to me was that everyone in the industry has air and fuel figured out and pushing this engine to the next level will require much more than that, as if I am just planning on attaching a 747 jet engine amount of air to this thing and crossing my fingers, I appreciate your concern and respect your thoughts, I don't post on here to glorify what I am doing, simply to show those who are truly interested in what kind of demented build that just might or might not work is.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
im honestly glad to see this thing being completed. it was always cool to see the updates as you worked on it. its still something different even by todays stuff.

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
I am by no means bragging or indicating any type of arrogance, your first comment to me was that everyone in the industry has air and fuel figured out and pushing this engine to the next level will require much more than that, as if I am just planning on attaching a 747 jet engine amount of air to this thing and crossing my fingers, I appreciate your concern and respect your thoughts, I don't post on here to glorify what I am doing, simply to show those who are truly interested in what kind of demented build that just might or might not work is.

Ok I lied one more :)

Nope the discussion was about air and fuel amount not mattering because our engines were the weak link to be at the levels needed for UCC competitive type power and you proceeded to say the way you were going about it would make the difference.

“It's not that it won't take it.........It's that it hasn't taken it. Extreme accuracy and relentless testing of vital components will change that”

If you didn’t claim that “230 lbs/min says otherwise” to the UCC comment there never would of been a discussion.

Now I’m done. Good luck with the build it is very nice and I’m sure you’re ready to drive it.