Info: Quad Turbo Update

Hambone

Always learning
Jan 24, 2016
Florida
My buddy met a guy down in the keys a few months back that is salvaging boats like that and reselling them!
I remember after 08 recession boats littered in the intracostal because people couldn’t afford them and trying to claim insurance :rofl:
It’s a different world down in Miami and the Keys though... them boys spend$$$$ on boats women and drugs:coolspot:

countrycorey

Trust Me I'm an Engineer
Jan 30, 2010
LA
My buddy met a guy down in the keys a few months back that is salvaging boats like that and reselling them!
I remember after 08 recession boats littered in the intracostal because people couldn’t afford them and trying to claim insurance :rofl:
It’s a different world down in Miami and the Keys though... them boys spend$$$$ on boats women and drugs:coolspot:
That boat belonged to my uncle's boss, who covered the captain and fuel ($2400 in fuel alone for three days of fishing with never shutting off the engines). Yes they do spend LOTS of money on boats, I saw what I think was a black Nortech? Batmobile boat with Wayne Enterprises on the side it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

FORBIDN

FORBIDN ENGINEERING
Oct 23, 2009
Billings,Mt
Parts

Anyone interested in the ATS stage 5 trans and converter, Carrillo rods, or a so cal stock stroke crank?

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Larsen, Wisconsin
Yes, at this time Wagler is the only one with a deckplate setup and that is what we are running in one truck. I would say rod angle with stock stroke is definitely part of the issue because all of the broken blocks are on the outside(load bearing surface from cylinder pressure) of the centerline of the bore so there is definitely something related to rod angle there. Look, these blocks are not very strong as they are(LML block is the best one available from GM)because you can by hand squeeze the bore and they move! You shouldn't be able to do that by hand. Another side note for all the drive pressure freaks out there, all the blocks we have had fail are on big singles that actually run more boost than drive pressure by up to 10psi. The most "ideal" conditions and these blocks won't live even at stock bore. Open up the bore and they fail faster. With that being said I like the longer rod on stock stroke. All I used to worry about was the stupid cranks breaking then the blocks started falling apart. So far the SoCal crank is holding up with issue like we have had with the Winberg cranks(broken stock replacement and the hemi journal).

Have you looked much into the CP Carrillo Hybrid kits? 0.202" longer rod due to smaller heavy wall wrist pin saving a total of 1/2# per cyl.

FORBIDN

FORBIDN ENGINEERING
Oct 23, 2009
Billings,Mt
I can't remember

Once I get this thing apart I will let you know exactly what I have for sale, it's been too long I can't even remember.