Progress on the new puller

duramax3388

May 22, 2008
Zanesville Ohio
I have to just say that this is probably my favorite truck at the moment. You guys have done a kickass job. I hope to build a truck with my brother like this someday.

X2 but my brother isnt into much pulling plus he works at a toyota dealer ship and drives a new tundra and thinks his truck will kick my trucks a$$ until i get the log chain out :rofl: maybe one of these days i will get him on the right track

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
X2 but my brother isnt into much pulling plus he works at a toyota dealer ship and drives a new tundra and thinks his truck will kick my trucks a$$ until i get the log chain out :rofl: maybe one of these days i will get him on the right track

My brother just turned 15 and he helps me out a ton with my truck so well have no problem as far as interest goes when we have enough money to build a monster like Rusty Hook!

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
yeh i have a younger brother (15) and a older brother (25), i would love to do project puller with one or both of them.

My bro has been there when weve done trans builds and some turbo swaps but i wanna do a full blown monster like this. i cant wait to see some more videos.

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
You will see plenty more videos once we get past this rail pressure issue.;)

I'm 31 and Tony is 25. He has put a lot more time into than me at this point (wife and 18 month old kid here). We decided to do this so we could put out money into one truck to make it more affordable/competitive. Plus we have done a lot of trading and have gotten some good support. We'll have less in this puller than most in our class have in their motor alone.:rolleyes: That's all good if it's competitive.

hogdoghd

Adrenalin Junkie
Jun 24, 2008
Oxford, Ohio
Knowing you two lunatics it wil be the badest thing around!:cool: The wife and kid really takes alot of your free time away but it's wort it in the long run!:D Hey Steve glad to be here a lot less B.S. and there are some bad ass pullers and racers around thought I might learn something!:D

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
You will see plenty more videos once we get past this rail pressure issue.;)

I'm 31 and Tony is 25. He has put a lot more time into than me at this point (wife and 18 month old kid here). We decided to do this so we could put out money into one truck to make it more affordable/competitive. Plus we have done a lot of trading and have gotten some good support. We'll have less in this puller than most in our class have in their motor alone.:rolleyes: That's all good if it's competitive.

That awesome hopefully by the time im 30 and my brother is 25 well have something like this. I love the fact you guys built it together. That and its the baddes fcking thing ive seen in a while. Im tired of lookin at the same old shitin pulling, you guys definately made this different and functional. :cool:

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
Still can't figure out our rail pressure issue. Replaced both regulators and it idles fine at 5-6k. Unplugged them and it went to 20k or so. Now you unplug them and it only hits 10k. Shouldn't it spike to about 26k or more with them unplugged?? In the field it only got 17k at 4300 rpms.:mad: Unhooked the second CP3 all together and still had similar results. Idles clean with no smoke or haze and no fuel in the oil. :(

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Ed

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Rail Pressure

Ed, I had trouble with mine(Kil Kare) and it was the fuel rail fitting. The way it seats in the rail it will bleed pressure internally. The fuel rail fitting seemed tight, didn't really leak, but was loose enough to not hold rail pressure. If your pulling the reg. and it doen't top out at 26k your leaking pressure. If it were a bad pump the other would still make pressure when the other was unplugged. Any questions just give me a call. 740-808-6728 cell Thanks Jeff

Fingers

Village Idiot
Vendor/Sponsor
Apr 1, 2008
White Oak, PA
Check the FPRV. I know you probably already did, but check again that it is not pissing out it's return line.

What is the commanded duty cycle to the regulators?