Progress on the new puller

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
When is the first hook? Looks great, congrats to both of you.

We're hoping next week in Richmond, IN. We are trying to resolve an oil leak on the lower pan that we hope was fixed last night. More importantly we believe we have a loose connection in the harness we need to locate. Would like to hook this weekend but we are bailing hay the next few days.

Thanks for the support everyone!

CrewCabMax

Double XL
Apr 23, 2007
Ohio
The truck looks freakin AWSOME. I love the look! If it pulls HALF as good as it looks, you'll still be kickin ass! Looks good guys, keep me posted when/where your pulling, i deffinitly want to be there!

Joe

LarryJewell

Back with his honey :)
Jan 21, 2007
San Angelo
I like the color choice best of all :D

Looks good, especially the turbo location, how much fabrication was involved with that :)

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
Well Ed I can't really see the hitch real clear, but from what I can make out, it's one ugly a$$ hitch. Possibly the ugliest one I've ever seen. :D:D:D:D :hug:

Didn't you see me taking pics of yours when I was at Brayden's?:eek: R&D at its finest!:D

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
We're hoping next week in Richmond, IN. We are trying to resolve an oil leak on the lower pan that we hope was fixed last night. More importantly we believe we have a loose connection in the harness we need to locate. Would like to hook this weekend but we are bailing hay the next few days.

Thanks for the support everyone!

why the oil leak? have you found it yet?

so are you going to make a huge 1 piece intake runner:D or have you allready? you guys did a excellent job!

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
why the oil leak? have you found it yet?

so are you going to make a huge 1 piece intake runner:D or have you allready? you guys did a excellent job!

Leaking from back of lower pan. Either RTV applied sloppy or pan is distorted from the wreck (donor truck was wrecked). We have a new application of RTV that has been curing for the past 24+ hours so we'll know this weekend for sure. Need to chase a loose connection in the harness and then work on the tuning.

Intake tube is built. Drops straight down off air knife.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Leaking from back of lower pan. Either RTV applied sloppy or pan is distorted from the wreck (donor truck was wrecked). We have a new application of RTV that has been curing for the past 24+ hours so we'll know this weekend for sure. Need to chase a loose connection in the harness and then work on the tuning.

Intake tube is built. Drops straight down off air knife.

hope it was just the RTV

i was more talking about the intake runners connected to the heads and new Y bridge.....gotta filler with something now that the turbo is gone:)

duramax3388

May 22, 2008
Zanesville Ohio
i dont know but i think that a banks intake manifold painted orange like the truck would look dam good under there dont know if it would do much to help with anything but sure would look good:)

aggar

Still Learnin!
Mar 9, 2008
Kirklin, IN
Nice lookin and sounding truck guys! Can't wait for a video of it pulling! Kinda sounds like an old pullin tractor!

1FastMax

Cronic Smoker
Feb 27, 2007
^.o rearend wont last, had a buddy with a turbocharged 6.0 and stripped a axle then blew the rear end out.

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
^.o rearend wont last, had a buddy with a turbocharged 6.0 and stripped a axle then blew the rear end out.

This is now the least of our concerns. Found what looks like piston material in the oil filter. Sounds like the motor is coming back apart unless some miracle that we're overlooking. I think we have injector issues as well.:mad:

Still not sold on switching to the 11.5 rear as well for now. I know it is stronger but the aftermarket is there for the old 14 bolt and you make it damn stout with the right parts. FYI, this was a turbocharged 6.0 before it was a dmax.;)

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
This is now the least of our concerns. Found what looks like piston material in the oil filter. Sounds like the motor is coming back apart unless some miracle that we're overlooking. I think we have injector issues as well.:mad:

Still not sold on switching to the 11.5 rear as well for now. I know it is stronger but the aftermarket is there for the old 14 bolt and you make it damn stout with the right parts. FYI, this was a turbocharged 6.0 before it was a dmax.;)

Sorry to hear the bad news:( Hope its not something serious