Progress on the new puller

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
What made you decide to go the opposite direction through the intercooler??? Looks like your charger placement is a result of that decision. Just curious.

Who did the headers et al??? Is there an expansion joint somewhere that I can't see? Is one not needed? If not, why?

It is totally cool though! :cool2: :cool: :rockon:

C-ya

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
We decided the reverse flow on the intecooler based on where we wanted the turbo. Much less clutter on that side of the engine bay to start with. Wanted to be able to swap charger much easier than in the valley.

The headers, intercooler piping, and fan shroud are done by Rhodus Fabrication out of Hamilton, OH. He is a relative of ours. One man shop that builds a lot of high dollar headers for Bischoff Engine Service (BES) out of Sunman, IN. The design is a collarboration of ours, his and Brent @ GMS.

Thanks for the compliments guys. We're hoping it is a success. Just want to try some different things.

Ed

killa

May 20, 2008
we went backwards through the intercooler because it was the shortest distance and we seen no reason why we couldn't, Jim Rhodus did the headers and as of now we don't have and expansion joint we will add one later if need be......thanks for the support

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH

Rolled it out for a test fire and have some electrical issues we're trying to resolve. Can't get it to even try to turn over.:mad: Cranked it briefly with a bump starter though. Need to look at all harnesses tonight or tomorrow night and see what we can rule out.

Also pulled the stock tune off the computer and cannot reload a tune - Battery voltage too high or too low??

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
Rolled it out for a test fire and have some electrical issues we're trying to resolve. Can't get it to even try to turn over.:mad: Cranked it briefly with a bump starter though. Need to look at all harnesses tonight or tomorrow night and see what we can rule out.

Also pulled the stock tune off the computer and cannot reload a tune - Battery voltage too high or too low??

If it is too low you can try cranking with a really big battery like something for a boat application. Keep us updated!

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
If it is too low you can try cranking with a really big battery like something for a boat application. Keep us updated!

We tested the battery and it should have been plenty strong. It turned the motor no problem when we bumped the starter.

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
Changed out the ecm and then removed a bad crank position sensor. Truck fired almost immediately. Not out of the dark yet, oil pressure got low. Pulled the filter, realized the screen was on backwards, cleaned our shorts and put on a mechanical gauge and we were ready to go again. Idled a little rough - I've never tuned a truck with larger injectors and twin pumps but I'll get there (thanks for the help John).

My dog also survived getting hit by a car in the middle of all this, so it has been a good night.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Wow I missed this thread,You guys ROCK i love the turbo setup
That is a cool duel cp3 setup also

Good luck with it and thanks for sharing those pics

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
Happy to hear your dog is going to be OK also :D

I am too - thanks. I got the hysterical call from my wife and had to get home from our friend's shop 3 miles away. A few of the neighbors weren't happy when I went screaming by but they'll get over it. He should be fine.