Question: p pumped dodge???

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
So, a buddy of.mine works with a guy that has a tuned dodge, i dont know the year, and have not seen mystery dodge yet either. My big mouthed pal told his coworker about my dmax and this guy wants to race. Tonight the dodge owner was at my friends home when i came over to play cards, he was non stop shit talk all night long, all this douche saw of my truck or heard was me idling down my buddies gravel driveway, and he says my dmax is no match for his "p pumped" dodge....

Wtf is a p pumped dodge anyways????

My friend says his truck lays down coal like mike tyson throws punches, fast and heavy, i tell him "smoke aint power" and he just laughs...dodge guy didnt think.that comment was funny, and gets all puffy and tells me to race him or im a "*****" started callin my truck "*****max" i corrected him and said its actually max*****, made him more mad, then i say "i got my pink slip, and I'll race if you have yours" EDIT--> (the starred out word was what some may call a cat)

Long silence

Then i say put it up or stfu.....and he left.....

So now i know a race is a brewin, this guy wants to beat me really bad, maybe even physically now, not sure or worried either way;)

I just gotta know what a p pumped dodge is capable of, he also said he has 100hp tips from ddp....

What do you guys and gals think this dodge could be capable of?

Thanks all

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
Sounds like a typical smarty stacked edge tow mirrors out pushing 450 to the wheels kinda truck. But according to the driver the smoke makes it a 700 horse truck. Smoke his ass then lost the vids on YouTube so he can really get his panties in a bunch from all the comments ragging on him!

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Well, that's what i figure on too, just another schmuck, but just in case this guy comes to the party with title to his truck in hand, i want to be sure i can take him, loosing my truck doesn't sound like fun, i dont think i would take a mans truck from him, it would be more powerful to say "keep your junk" and drive off, but i cant assume this guy has any class whatsoever, and judging by his attitude and overall demeanor, he would take my truck, i can tell

bigboytoy426

Jun 30, 2012
grand rapids michigan
From what I heard its a mechanical injection pump were the sky is the limit that can support a lot of power. My buddy is actually pulling his 400k lb7 and dropping in a p pumped cummins as we speak.

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Yes a Ppumped dodge is just one that has a Bosch P7100 series injection pump. Just ask him how big of a turbo hes running, and if all he has are "100hp" DDP nozzles chances are that the pump still has the stock delivery valves. Just ask him about the mods that the pump has, a P7100 can supply A LOT of fuel but it has to be set up correctly to make good power. I have a feeling that its below 600hp total with those small nozzles, and thats stretching it.

Fastorange

Jan 31, 2009
ohio
Not all p pumps are created equal, p pumps are hit an miss.. you eather have a good one or you dont... to get a decent p pump your looking at 2k to 5k at a pump shop... they can however make good power is modded the right way.. but most the time they dont. just walk over to his truck and fold on of his mirrors down and walk away... that will piss him off more than anything...

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
No tuners are used on p pumped trucks, it's all mechanical. Those trucks are the strongest platform you can build on, watch out if he has those bigger squirters and a turbo or spray to burn all that fuel bc they can be incredibly fast. You'd better find out what all has been done to it, first thing I would ask is if it has a built trans if its an auto bc they can't go past 450 rwhp on a stock trans. If its a stick and has a good clutch watch out...

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
The worlds strongest diesel engines are mechanically injected. it all depends on what he has done to it. Stock, they are slow as ****. Molest the AFC and fuel plate and they get twice as fast for free. Add more fuel and air and they really speed up.

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
CoCoal, log onto Competition Diesel and ask them what a P pumped dodge is.

I doubt the truck is making any serious power. Hardcore 12v guys arent on the smokewagon. If he wasn't bragging about how much work was done to the pump or how much his head flows, you probably will beat him.

Last edited:

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
I have a couple friends with modest p-pump trucks making just shy of 600hp on S400 chargers. It isn't hard to make them run hard but most guys don't know how to do it right.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
ive played with both my buddies p-pumped dodges. even with a 62mm and a 64mm on the other, he never got me till we were in higher elevations (overspeeding a stock turbo at 7000ft doesnt give near the power it does at 1000ft compared to a turbo thats runing in its map). this was just with a EFI Live tune, lift pump and built trans. we both made 450rwhp on the dyno at the time.

Run him, ill bet you walk him. if hes rollin that much coal, i highly doubt its got much of a turbo.

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
Just ask him who ported the head, and who benched his pump. If he doesnt know what you are talking about, or has a stock head, or an untouched pump, he probably doesnt have a fast 12v. Now if he has a fully ported and cut head with a 600cc P7100, you will lose the race.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
I've always said dont worry about the guy shooting his mouth off.Be werey of the guy sitting quietly in the conrner listening.Your have a bigger charger dont you coco? Nex t time you go to play cards in sure this cat is gonna be there and want to roll coal.And I will wonder if he tried stepping up his game somehow.Its going to eat at him if you told him to put up or shut up and lets go for titles.That kind of talk doesn't sit well with cavmen.Make sure you have a light tank that has a good shot of cetane in it and you drive to the card game on your kill tune so the the truck is ready to rock.Wouldnt hurt to clean it ohut and loose the tailgate and spare just in case.You humilated him infront of a bunch of other guys im sure he will be back in 1 way or another.Mean time try to put some feelers out and see what he is running.And stay tight lipped about your truck because he will for sure be tryi g to find out about yours.As far as taking his truck, I s ould take it for a dayd drive by his house a couple times then leave it at yohr buddys house and tell him to come pick it up.Some people need to be taught a lesson.My guess is after the race he wont even stop and will drive off.

Shieldsinc

On a Time Out
Apr 24, 2012
My guess from the smoke is its slow. I got the same guys around here. Got a p7100 and a stock motor and it rials smoke and they think its a 1000hp dodge. Find out a little more bout his Trans and engine components and ull know if it's the real deal or not

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I would never race for pinks. Anything can happen. I once saw a '59 MGB that ran against a 8 second vette and won. His time was 26 seconds. The vette died 10 feet off the line and wouldn't start till the MG was almost at the finish line.:D

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
Like Chris mentioned... Go on to compd to research p-pumped trucks/mods. Tread lightly though its a cummins fan forum...

Don't mention what your truck has.

I would never say lets race for pinks either. Even if you think you can take someone. Shit happens and then you're ass'd out...