Question: p pumped dodge???

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
From what I heard its a mechanical injection pump were the sky is the limit that can support a lot of power. My buddy is actually pulling his 400k lb7 and dropping in a p pumped cummins as we speak.

:eek: His LB7 lasted for that long... Why not rebuild it or replace it with another dmax?

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
Let us know how it turns out. I know theres a common rail guy in town with twins on his and we raced twice. he has a smarty, bigger injectors and twins and he lost once and came back for more. and lost again. dmax's are quick. funny thing was he had his wife with him and when they passed me after getting spanked twice he wouldn't look over or wave. lol just sat there and looked straight forward. it always feels damn good to spank a cummins. especially a cocky bastard haha.

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
Like Chris mentioned... Go on to compd to research p-pumped trucks/mods. Tread lightly though its a cummins fan forum...

Don't mention what your truck has.

I would never say lets race for pinks either. Even if you think you can take someone. Shit happens and then you're ass'd out...

Yeah you never know when you something will happen like a flat tire, plugged fuel filter, broken drive shaft. that would suck to loose your rig and not even really get to race.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Shit 1/2 of racing is who talks the most shit.Ill bet 1/2 or more races never happen because 1 or both beleive 1/2 the crap the other guy is saying.A friend of mine was kicking the crap out of a few built hot shot motored polaris and they came up after the last ass woopin and said theres no way that sled is stock and ill bet money on it.My buddy slapped 2500 down on the seat and you match it and we will go right ovrr there to my cabin tear it down and when I prove yoh wrong im taking your money.The guy appoligised and left. Lmao.........So Coco you played a good hand hopefully he doesn't comeback to call your bluff, my guess is you would take him no problembut you never know some crazy buddy of his may have thrown a tank of nos in there for him and you could be in trouble.

Big Chris

2 Duramaxes> 1 Duramax
Mar 30, 2010
Rives Junction MI
$ not pinks. If something breaks or goes wrong at least you don't loose the truck. IMO

If he is that much of an a##, hook him up with a chick with nasty std's on the next card night! I'd laugh so hard I'd have beer shooting out my nose every time he leaves the table to piss! :roflmao:

dmaxman06

May 25, 2011
morenci az
yeah p pumps are nice i have a coworker that put a p pump on his 1 gen dodge and yeah it hauls ass off the bottom but it doesent have the air to keep it going on top plus its smokes like crazy it never clears up

SmithLBZ

Jan 11, 2012
TN
If you are in the 575-650 Hp range with a good setup I say your good 2 go for sure.

Might check around locally and make a few phone calls just to see what might turn up just in case.

Lparrill

And here we go again
Jul 30, 2010
Lander, WY
Like everyone else says, put some feelers around for this guys truck. I have couple friends that like to bait you. They'll brag about their vehicle while leaving some stuff out. Then turns out they back up their claims and more (two that come to mind are a built motor cummins (aka stock with smarty), and a turbo'd 6.0 GTO with spray (aka just a 5.7 with a flowmaster)

bigboytoy426

Jun 30, 2012
grand rapids michigan
:eek: His LB7 lasted for that long... Why not rebuild it or replace it with another dmax?

The thing is the truck still runs perfect.. I guess he just wants to be different. The lb7 is going in another truck I guess. I asked him why? And he said you'll see when it's pushing 1000hp lol sounds like a awful lot of money and time.

farmtrucklb7

Duragon
Apr 29, 2012
Meaford Ont Canada
If you dont know what a P pump is you should not be calling out other trucks.

x2 find out more about it, if he has the air to use the fuel it might be a strong truck, also find out the year, If he spent the money and time to do the p-pump on a 24valve he might have more going on then you think

greif03lb7

cc/lb and lovin it
Dec 9, 2012
Granger, Ia
My cummins is a slow turd compared to my dmax but by just removing the fuel plate, turning up the pump and putting 4k gov springs in its alot faster then a stock 12v.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
You better hope someone like Craig Johnson at Big Power Diesel in Lancaster Ca didn't help this guy as he will eat your lunch. A big smoking P-pump Dodge does not mean it is slow at all. Be very afraid of a properly setup Dodge P-pump. There isn't a Duramax in the country that can touch a properly setup P-pump Dodge. Yet.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
You better hope someone like Craig Johnson at Big Power Diesel in Lancaster Ca didn't help this guy as he will eat your lunch. A big smoking P-pump Dodge does not mean it is slow at all. Be very afraid of a properly setup Dodge P-pump. There isn't a Duramax in the country that can touch a properly setup P-pump Dodge. Yet.

Probably not ever

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas

That's the very reason I'm anxious to see Chris Watson's rig running. Mechanical injection on a "duramax" based platform should be interesting....

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
616555B5-D758-481F-9747-B46D6DF62E2D-611-000000E72D7F7EE2.jpg

Andrewslmm7

Feb 27, 2013
Ct
no doubt there are some well built fast 12v running around but they are few and far between... this reminds me of this 03 cr down in stonington ct one night his first comment was he'd kill my pos... and after we ran he just kept on driving:roflmao: this was before my turbo and efi