RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
What kind of lines are you running for these kits? Braided SS or regular hydraulic lines? Im going to have my hyd shop put some lines together if anyone is interested Ill have a few sets made at the same time.

super diesel

<<<< Under Pressure
Pulled Steve to the az races this weekend, oil temps never got more than 195. Ran Delvac oil. 13k loaded.

Now that's what i'm talking.

Were going to run a test on the LLY tomorrow. I'll be running it up to Genesee with the camper on just to see the oil temps. No coolers on it yet. It's about 10K with the camper (3500 SRW CC/LB) but it's like a barn going down the road (BIG wind resistance). Also pretty soon I'll be hooking up 15K (GW) on the LB7 Dually and then 20K (GW) to tow up the hill to see how it all goes. The hill to Genesse is about 6% grade that rises from 6K ft to over 8.5K ft in elevation for the run (not one of our BIGGGGG hills like Eisenhower (11K+ft) or Vail (10.5K+ft), but there on the menu).

super diesel

<<<< Under Pressure
What kind of lines are you running for these kits? Braided SS or regular hydraulic lines? Im going to have my hyd shop put some lines together if anyone is interested Ill have a few sets made at the same time.

I'm running 12AN high temp hose to the cooler Tee on the LB7. Then it goes to 10AN to each cooler. The LLY will have 10AN all the way.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona

High temp hydraulic hose IIRC. max temp on mine is like 280*
edit; mine is Aeroquip hose.

super diesel

<<<< Under Pressure
I'll try to get some stuff up tomorrow. If the adapter with thermostat is used, I highly recommend it to be modded (opened up correctly) to make sure it's not a restriction to the oil flow. Brackets will need to be fabricated up for the coolers. I'm doing a ducting for the coolers (thanks GM) on the LLY to keep them back and out of harms way.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand

Better to use hyd hose...... Cheaper and good chance it's bigger ID

super diesel

<<<< Under Pressure
I most certainly run a thermostat here in Colorado. Arid states can get away with out it, but it's a slow warm up even at that. I would say IMHO that any where that it gets below 45-50*F, I would run one to speed warm ups and make sure the oil in the motor doesn't run to cool. You need 180*F (many reasons).

super diesel

<<<< Under Pressure
Could someone post pics pls. I want to do this on my lmm. Thanks

It's a pretty typical set up and I couldn't get all the pics I wanted. I'll have more when I do the LLY (standard front bumper too). Under stand that the pics I have are of the prototype.
P3130382.JPG

P3130384.JPG

Attachments

• P3130382.JPG
    P3130382.JPG
    124 KB · Views: 213
  • P3130384.JPG
    P3130384.JPG
    119.3 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:

super diesel

<<<< Under Pressure
Ok. Took the LLY out for a run up the mountain. As I stated, it has the hard side camper on it (wind resistance) and is sitting around 10K. Around town with it 70-75*F out side it ran 210*F on the oil temps. Time to hit the freeway. Oil pressure was about 45psi at 1800rpm. By the time I got to the bottom of the hill climb the temps were already up to 223*F and pressure was the same at 1800rpm. By the time I got to the top (Genesee turnaround) it was at 244*F and pressure was at 33-34psi at 1800rpm. Not what I'm happy with but not as bad as I expected either. This was driving casual and using 4th alot. The temps were only 56-58*F up there though. This is NOT summer yet and I wasn't climbing the big grades with an ugly load either (I seem to find myself doing this more than I want to). The coolant gauge never moved (moves some but not a huge amount in the heat of summer).

Coolers will be going on as soon as I can get the parts here and I will be fabing up a frame that they will mount in and it will bolt to the frame on either side where the tow hooks bolt up. The front lower bumper will be doing the air ducting as will the 2 holes in the bumper. Need to get as much air as possible to the coolers.

The coolant does a good job of cooling the upper end of the motor (what It's supposed to do). The coolant also does a good job at keeping the oil temps from running away with this size of load. However the oil DOES cool the entire lower section of the motor and ALL of it's internal components. Soon I'll be testing the heavier loads with the LB7. One thing I can say that's been the most positive so far is the oil pressure with the coolers on. This has made it more than worth it for me. The oil pressures have never been higher while running up and down the mountains (never even been close to being this good).

Last edited: