DougSmith

I have an extra quart sitting around. And you also imply that one person knows what he is talking about, but they are not knowlegable about how oils are formulated, nor how any claims are true unless so and so says so and has never used a certain brand but yet groups all oils together.

To me, someone who says there is no need for a synthetic shows the persons lack of knowlege about lubricants and exactly what they are designed for and PREVENT.

The stuff that they put in the bottles that say Delvac and Mobil 1 are not lubricants. They are simply oils.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

super diesel

<<<< Under Pressure
I'm sorry your irritated egg. I think I'll stick to what I'm seeing work. I have had to many tell me this and tell me that. I just NEED to see proof of such stunning (head and shoulders above the rest) claims. I already know what standard oils will do. Any one hear me claim to fame on being an oil pro? Just trying to get folk trucks healthy and were seeing what works. If folks read into it and want to try it, give them a chance. I'm sure we'll hear reports if it's legit. You should reread post 174 3rd paragraph about what I said about synthetics. Looks like there's an agenda going here (I can hear Billy Maze screaming in my head "BUY NOW!!!"). I'm sorry I'm not blindly following suit.

Last edited:

super diesel

<<<< Under Pressure
Last edited:

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
So eggsack, do you run Schaeffers or Amsoil? Seems to me you run amsoil but im not sure? :confused:

What oil temps have YOU seen with your cooler with Schaeffers? I also dont belive the hytpe os 40* cooler temps by switching to a different oil, but I have been wrong before, so im willing to try. It gets 115* here in AZ in August, so if you want to say Schaeffers is better than anything else, feel free to send me some as you have already offered to send Michael some. Bottom line is that any oil will get hot, can/will overheat. Thats like saying a deep pan on an allison will drop you 40* while towing like the vendors say over on DF. :D

I have tested delo400, Petro Canada 5-40 and 15-40, Mobil Delvac 15-40 and im now on Mobil 1 5w-40. There has been a zero (0) degree change at cruising temps with the above oils. Like I said, lets see the numbers, as they don't lie.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
I dont really want to get in an argument over oils, as that will NEVER die out, all I care about is HOW to cool it better/more efficently.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Thats a hell of a sales pitch eggsack. Delvac has had some of the best UOAs of and oil in duramaxs. And I've had damn good luck with Delo no only in my truck, but most of the equipment I have ran. There is no doubt that schaeffers is a good oil , but it won't work miracles.

super diesel

<<<< Under Pressure
I want to make one thing clear here. I have absolutely no problem with running synthetics. However, I feel that if the point is reached where we need run synthetics in the motor, were operating out of the design specs of the motor and there will still be significant wear on the motor from this including the ability to squeeze the oil out of the journals from the over temped lubricants thinning and possible damage that results. These are hard facts. It's a band aid where there needs to be a fix like the proper cooling of the fluids in the first place.

With that said, I did do some more testing today. I made the same runs (Genesee grade) but it was 75*F outside (25-30*F higher temp) and I had all 100sq inches of the cooler working. Also I tried hard to get the temps up this time by using higher power tunes and I was pushing. Truck was unloaded again (no load testing yet I'm sorry to say), and oil temps at the bottom were 180*F and oil pressure was 55psi (what a difference eh?). I ran up the grade and by the time I got to the top at the Genesee exit I had managed to get the temps to 227*F. However the oil pressure was sitting at 45psi. :thumb: When I got off at the exit at first the oil temp was at 227*F, and by the time I coasted to the end of the ramp it was at 214*F and dropping. Oil pressure was at 50psi. I turned back to head home and by the time I had reentered the hwy (about 1 min later), the temp was at 201*F (dropping like a rock). :D

What this tells us is that the oil cooling is working like a charm. The oil pressure was at a level that was FAR better. The oil pressure is staying higher because it is getting cooled sufficiently to keep pressure up (thick enough and not thin like before). I did not change out the oil pressure sensor yet to keep the test fair.

Last edited:

the freeze

Feb 23, 2010
Please point me to where I can buy 13qts for $60
If it gives a extra ounce of protection in the hot summer I'm in.

Www.schaefferoil.com

Everything you have stated about oils is absolutely true. But you dont know anything about Schaeffer and the technology involved in engineering an oil that is built for evrrything you describe.

Schaeffer oil is the only company that has Micron Molybdenum in it. That bonds to ALL metal surfaces and protects against metal to metal contact. If sheer does occur in the oil, then the micron moly is there to stop metal to metal contact and reduce heat from friction.
Also in the oils is a patentened friction modifier called Penetro. It works with the moly to provide a super slick sliding surface that reduces friction even in sheer.

With the 100% pure parrafin base stocks that are highly refined and no other oil company uses, will not breaksown from heat until well past 400 degrees. Your bearings will give up before you ever hit that mark.
My theory is this, you can spend $1000 on coolers and what not to try and cool an oil, or spend $60 on an oil change with a far superior oil that wont give up on you in the first place.

When was the last time you questioned what Delvac or Dello had on their labels? Those products come from fuel companies that sell oil as scrap.

super diesel

<<<< Under Pressure
I'm wanting to see the claimed 30-35*F drop in temp from dino oil. My coolers are doing that. This is what it's all about. Getting the temps back under control to get the motor in it's operating temps. I've seen synthetics take a little longer to heat up over dino. But they maintained the same temp once up there (Moble 1, Royal Purple is the only ones I've used). The problem still lies in the fact that if the temps go WAY up, even the synthetics can get thin and there can start to be slight metal to metal from the results. Synthetics will offer that edge of protection when the temps do climb to extreme temps however. I just no longer want my motor to climb to these temps because I know it's not doing it any favors. Anything to help though is always a wise thing to do.

Here's my opinion of the perfect set up. A good cooler set up with gauge (for monitoring), a side stream oil purifier, and a preluber with your choice of oil be it dino or synthetics. You could say "by-by" to were for the most part, and these motors I'm quite sure wouldn't were out in our life time.

Last edited:

DougSmith

What Super Diesel just said is ABSOLUTELY true. Most synthetics do get thin over time and when hot.
Where I see Schaeffer's excel is the Moly. When it bonds to all the metal in the engine, it is harder than steel and slicker than any oil.

So when oil film is busted the Moly is still there eliminating metal to metal contact. Also no friction. Any time friction is eliminated, temps have to go down.

Schaeffer's is the only oil that has liquid moly in it that I have seen. Not to mention the best oil I have ever seen.

Nasa used moly to make the heat shields on the space shuttle to protect it from heat. Put that same moly coated to every metal surface in an engine and I would have to reason it protects all those parts from heat. But I guess since Shell and Mobile don't use it in their oils it must not work. Hmmmm.

Slammed2007Lbz

Super Spicy Tunaz
Feb 1, 2009
NE Ohio
Eggsack nobody is saying it don't work but you need to show us it works:thumb: Just YOU one guy claiming these amazing results about your aerospace oil doesnt mean too much. Where are the test results to back your claim up? Do you have any or are you just on the Schaeffers oil bandwagon? Seriously post something to back up your finding so that more of us here could help lower are oil temps and preserve are motors

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
What Super Diesel just said is ABSOLUTELY true. Most synthetics do get thin over time and when hot.
Where I see Schaeffer's excel is the Moly. When it bonds to all the metal in the engine, it is harder than steel and slicker than any oil.

So when oil film is busted the Moly is still there eliminating metal to metal contact. Also no friction. Any time friction is eliminated, temps have to go down.

Schaeffer's is the only oil that has liquid moly in it that I have seen. Not to mention the best oil I have ever seen.

Nasa used moly to make the heat shields on the space shuttle to protect it from heat. Put that same moly coated to every metal surface in an engine and I would have to reason it protects all those parts from heat. But I guess since Shell and Mobile don't use it in their oils it must not work. Hmmmm.

I ask again... what results have you seen with your engine cooler and oil gauge? I dont care what Nasa uses, and im sure everyone who is researching an aux oil cooler doesnt either... :thumb:

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Pulled Steve to the az races this weekend, oil temps never got more than 195. Ran Delvac oil. 13k loaded.

Last edited:

Slammed2007Lbz

Super Spicy Tunaz
Feb 1, 2009
NE Ohio
Damn that is really impressive Brian! I got my truck out of storage yesterday and my oil temps were 190 unloaded just driving home from my uncles house. Im still taking it easy waiting on Steve to answer the phone so i can get some new tunesssssss

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Damn that is really impressive Brian! I got my truck out of storage yesterday and my oil temps were 190 unloaded just driving home from my uncles house. Im still taking it easy waiting on Steve to answer the phone so i can get some new tunesssssss

Im sure having 15 qts of oil helps too ;)