"OFFICIAL" What did you do to your D-Max today?

gassux

Mar 14, 2010
I took off the rotten MBRP 5" and installed a flo pro 4", what a difference in fit and installation. I actually bought another MBRP downpipe that will be up for sale. I hate wasting my time making a product fit that has never evolved over the last 10 yrs. Flo pro has made many improvements from the hangers to the clamps.

Attachments

• IMG_1094.JPG
    IMG_1094.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 29

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
47a8d778c6ee28843b68fa3df942cb20.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course

yes, i bottle tested it last night, nothing in the bottle.

found the injector return rate test procedure after some searching, ordered a test kit.

it has been weak for a while after the larer tune and trans, used to hold about 23.5k when desired is 26k, but now its 23.6 k sometimes, and sometimes its 21.5k

Here is my tread looking into what was causing my RP issues. They where much worse then yours.

http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68682&highlight=Rail+Pressure

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course

Thanks, I read it a few times, so you just drilled out the feed hole larger on the drivers side and it was able to hold more rail pressure?

That and adjusting the EFI table, but as I discussed others’ doing the same testing didn’t have as good of results as I did.

frankenstien

May 25, 2015
Fairbanks,Alaska
That and adjusting the EFI table, but as I discussed others’ doing the same testing didn’t have as good of results as I did.

gotcha, my tune is locked, so i can not make any adjustments to it...

i havent checked my injector or cp3 return rates, should probably do that..maybe make a thread haha

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Maybe you should talk to your tuner before diving into the fuel system.

Last edited:

Russell B

May 5, 2018
Alaska
blew the serpentine belt off,Had no brakes or power steering at about 80mph!:eek:

Was there about 3 and half months ago. Idler pulley went to shit so had girlfriend bring me another (took about hour and a half to get to me was headed home from work). Put the new pulley on shut hood and went to grab handle no shit the other blew up. So had to send her back to town to get another one. Got it changed and I was back on the road and got about halfway to the house when I lost all power steering. I pull over open hood and had the return line for power steering being eaten by the fan from when the serpentine belt blew off from the pulley going out. Needless to say I said screw it I was over that day 1 because I had been up since 430am 2 because everything was closed because it was 1030pm.. So I called a tow truck and went home so I could go to work the next day. No steering and brakes @80 is nuts.
IMG_4565.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4565.JPG
    IMG_4565.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 33

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
hopped in the truck and headed into work. make the second turn from the neighborhood and batt light comes on. Look to the voltage gauge and yup, alternator aint charging. Its Friday and figured id push my luck if the battery would take me to work or not. I have a spare alternator and jumper cables in the tool box of the truck anyhow. pull off the freeway exit to work with the battery keeping up and a chevy 1500 changes lanes last min to pull up besides me. F**k it, ill beat the pants off him real quick, its Friday after all. rolled into it some to see if he would play and off he trys to go. let him get a truck on me and then hammer down to go by like he wasnt trying. look down and batt light is off and alternator is charging again.

Maybe its the limo telling me to quit driving her like a grandpa? :roflmao::roflmao:

Kamilmk

Aug 13, 2015
Seymour, CT
hopped in the truck and headed into work. make the second turn from the neighborhood and batt light comes on. Look to the voltage gauge and yup, alternator aint charging. Its Friday and figured id push my luck if the battery would take me to work or not. I have a spare alternator and jumper cables in the tool box of the truck anyhow. pull off the freeway exit to work with the battery keeping up and a chevy 1500 changes lanes last min to pull up besides me. F**k it, ill beat the pants off him real quick, its Friday after all. rolled into it some to see if he would play and off he trys to go. let him get a truck on me and then hammer down to go by like he wasnt trying. look down and batt light is off and alternator is charging again.

Maybe its the limo telling me to quit driving her like a grandpa? :roflmao::roflmao:

Gotta be on the list of easiest and most inexpensive fixes yet. Why would a 1500 even try? *spit*