"OFFICIAL" What did you do to your D-Max today?

countrycorey

Trust Me I'm an Engineer
Jan 30, 2010
LA
Finished flushing/ bleeding the brakes after installing crown performance brake lines and pulled all the power steering fluid I could get out of the reservoir and filled with fresh fluid. Made a big difference in the power steering as the pump sounds better and the truck turns much easier/better! Also, the brakes seen feel better (more responsive) for the two miles I drove on my test drive.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
You can flush the power steer pump really easy. You just pull the return line off the hydro boost. Add a 4’ hose to the nipple and use the truck to pump it out refilling the pump once and a while.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Pulled the seats and carpet out of the 05’ amazing how many bullets, casings and other tid bits end up under everything:D

Power washed the carpet and installed everything back in the truck. Seats by yourself make my back hurt:thumb:

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
You must not have kids. Under my seats is full of Cheerios. Lol I’m bad about losing shells up on dash. Not much falls down in our truck’s dash, but our ‘80 ranch beater dash is full of everything up to 12ga shells.

countrycorey

Trust Me I'm an Engineer
Jan 30, 2010
LA
You can flush the power steer pump really easy. You just pull the return line off the hydro boost. Add a 4’ hose to the nipple and use the truck to pump it out refilling the pump once and a while.

That's next, I just wanted a fresh base to start with before I start the flush and then install my new hydrobooster

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Pulled the seats and carpet out of the 05’ amazing how many bullets, casings and other tid bits end up under everything:D

Power washed the carpet and installed everything back in the truck. Seats by yourself make my back hurt:thumb:

sissy, pulled all mine out by myself and im by no means strong :roflmao::roflmao:

how did pressure washing the carpet do? ive got sections of carpet the carpet cleaner would not clean up. wonder if the pressure washer would take them out. decided not to buy carpet for this thing till the kid/s are old enough to not spill shit :D

stroke250

I May Be Lost...
Jul 1, 2008
Idaho
I know, I know, its not Dmax related but figured I would add this to this thread but figured James would appreciate it(being a suspension guru).

Installed a 3/1 Eibach/Toytec kit which included new front coil overs and rear shackles.

Ride quality is better than stock in my opinion.

Some pics are sideways for some reason.

Attachments

• susp5.jpg
    susp5.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 31
  • susp2.jpg
    susp2.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 25
  • susp.jpg
    susp.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 25
  • susp3.jpg
    susp3.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 25

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course

sissy, pulled all mine out by myself and im by no means strong :roflmao::roflmao:

how did pressure washing the carpet do? ive got sections of carpet the carpet cleaner would not clean up. wonder if the pressure washer would take them out. decided not to buy carpet for this thing till the kid/s are old enough to not spill shit :D

Pressure washer won’t do much if any better. Best thing is Resolve Spot Cleaner, HOT water, nylon scrub brush, and a shop vac.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Pressure washer won’t do much if any better. Best thing is Resolve Spot Cleaner, HOT water, nylon scrub brush, and a shop vac.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah....... tried that..... we are talking about stains that have been in this carpet since before i had my drivers license and probably spilled my own drink back there :roflmao:

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho

Shut it, I’m old... Well not that old but the miles were rough lol.

Stains lightened some, I was going to brake clean them but decided it would break the material/color to much. Main reason was dirt... 405k miles collects a lot of dirt.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
You must not have kids. Under my seats is full of Cheerios. Lol I’m bad about losing shells up on dash. Not much falls down in our truck’s dash, but our ‘80 ranch beater dash is full of everything up to 12ga shells.

I raised 3 girls, but we didn’t have food fights in the truck.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Shut it, I’m old... Well not that old but the miles were rough lol.

Stains lightened some, I was going to brake clean them but decided it would break the material/color to much. Main reason was dirt... 405k miles collects a lot of dirt.

:rofl::rofl: :D

i had more lint and soda spills than anything. my dad is well.... not very careful when it comes to where he places his drinks or hold thems. im barely in the 200k miles though

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan

What about salt crust in the carpet? I tried all the above....doesnt even touch it. I should have bought the floor liners.

Last edited:

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course

What about salt crust in the carpet? I tried all the above....doesnt even touch it. I should have bought the floor liners.

I’m not sure about salt. When I lived up north I made sure I had good floor mats. I would think of lots of hot water and a strong shop vac would be able to pull it out though.

Last edited:

cdbright

JUST RENT IT
Dec 16, 2008
Salt Lake City, UT
threw on some MTs , have not had any luck w Toyo last 3 rounds so i went with Nittos , i know i know same shit different name but we will see i guess. Tinted fronts as well, just need a quick flash and the 5" exhaust on my shop floor will help tremendously :woott::woott:
picture.php

Mar 28, 2015
Blue Springs, MO
Finally fixed my annoying downpipe bracket vibration. Also found out my dog ran into the yard with a few of my inner fender retainers. Anyone know a part number for those?

frankenstien

May 25, 2015
Fairbanks,Alaska
Bottle test it Mike?

yes, i bottle tested it last night, nothing in the bottle.

found the injector return rate test procedure after some searching, ordered a test kit.

it has been weak for a while after the larer tune and trans, used to hold about 23.5k when desired is 26k, but now its 23.6 k sometimes, and sometimes its 21.5k