"OFFICIAL" What did you do to your D-Max today?

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
hopped in the truck and headed into work. make the second turn from the neighborhood and batt light comes on. Look to the voltage gauge and yup, alternator aint charging. Its Friday and figured id push my luck if the battery would take me to work or not. I have a spare alternator and jumper cables in the tool box of the truck anyhow. pull off the freeway exit to work with the battery keeping up and a chevy 1500 changes lanes last min to pull up besides me. F**k it, ill beat the pants off him real quick, its Friday after all. rolled into it some to see if he would play and off he trys to go. let him get a truck on me and then hammer down to go by like he wasnt trying. look down and batt light is off and alternator is charging again.

Maybe its the limo telling me to quit driving her like a grandpa? :roflmao::roflmao:

My truck did that pulling my camper back from lock haven pa, I passed out along the road and woke up to no lights and the batt light on, I hammered down wfo and it started charging again, made it 110 miles home, dumped the camper, pulled into parts store and it clattered and died, needless to say I did the alternator and batteries in the parking lot

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Gotta be on the list of easiest and most inexpensive fixes yet. Why would a 1500 even try? *spit*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

who knows. i have alot of guys in crap rigs try to play. i ignore them more times than not cause it aint worth the waste of fuel. I think they just want to "get around the big truck" or they are in a rush.

That it is, hence i keep the spare in the truck! lol. i keep a few things in there like tie rods, wheel hub assembly, alternator, spare belts, fluids, jack, tools, etc so when im out traveling with the trailer, i can fix the most known issues that may come up.

My truck did that pulling my camper back from lock haven pa, I passed out along the road and woke up to no lights and the batt light on, I hammered down wfo and it started charging again, made it 110 miles home, dumped the camper, pulled into parts store and it clattered and died, needless to say I did the alternator and batteries in the parking lot

yeah im going to pull it and change it either way. next week shes getting some TLC. i have the new exhaust housing to go on the big charger, going to reclock the tensioner so it tightens the belt like it should, change the alt, put the solid fan hub on, trim down the LBZ fan blades i have here to use as the second fan on the fan hub, check shock nitrogen, change coolant from green back to dex cool, new thermostats and maybe see if cleaning the blend door actuators fixes my air issues.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
you are brave going from green back to dexcool

I’m positive he is going to flush the system. No hurt doing it then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^this. pulling block drains, drain rad, pull heater core hoses, and flush a few times with a hose. She will be golden.

i was going to go evans waterless coolant but dont like the idea of it being the only thing i can put in the system and reviews show it will make the truck run hotter even though boiling point is 375*. im not trying to make it do that during the summer lol.

DefiantArms

Limp Mode Cowboy
Jan 28, 2016
St. Augustine, FL
Well built it tonight she’s debadged at the moment gotta order some Duramax badges to slap on the side along with the green leaf thing. Also have to address traction issues.

IMG_5411.jpgIMG_5413.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5411.jpg
    IMG_5411.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_5413.jpg
    IMG_5413.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 63

six5creed

Jan 6, 2016
N.C.
Washed it, apparently it’s been a while.

44aa6a2eeb30905cc5bf02ca46f609ed.jpg
17dc6a026b7be6abaeb8aa34dfe485c3.jpg

c954eb50e56c5e3ef9ccf4833b4348a4.jpg

65aebcd5cc7e42e09a9f6790cc53c22e.jpg

8c249f0dc21bbcd48487d7d0dfcae3f5.jpg

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Its currently been a work bench for the last 2 months. We where going to take it to the beach this weekend, but one of the kiddos decided to get sick.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Im back driving her while I try to repair a power steering hose on my son's G6.

Looks like I may need a new hydroboost, among other parts. Its all just money, right?

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Used mine to pull a customers boat out, sucker weighs so much it burned 4.4 gallons in about 16 miles... Pulled it like a freaking train though.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Gave the LML a little love undoing some shitty paint work I did last summer on the chrome and removed all the side and rear badges and trim. I put black Duramax ones on the hood and will be replacing everything I took off with black as well as doing the door handles and window trim in black.

Sometime I would like to either sand paint and 3m the grille and headlight trim in black but it probably won't happen this year.

Apparently these newer trucks will leak if you gravity feed the main tank and leave the valve open so I installed a pump and filter for my sliptank and wired it in. I bought a mini solid state programmable timer for this as well to control the signal to the relay so when I forget to turn off the pump it will shut it off after 10min (i've done this before and made a mess) but it wouldn't go into program mode so the manufacturer is sending me another one.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Some pics. I wish GM would put nice upfitter switches in like this with built in relays. Such a pain in the dick having to wire and install all this stuff considering ford has had them for like 15 years or so now.
3bec437ffaec593fa974aff6956984eb.jpg
853bdf75605d0fd732ce95f2889f6b28.jpg
0c6e3a9da41e76714361ab46739ca223.jpg

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
Found out where the coolant is going on my Suburban: into the oil. So probably a head gasket, because it's a slow loss (1/2 gallon per 10,000 miles). Could be a cup? Hose is soft in the morning, but I'll end up pulling the heads anyway out of paranoia. Got this engine used so who knows how it was treated.

Probably do head studs while I'm in there, and these injectors were about done anyway, so... time to start saving. Blarg.

Sent from my Cat S60 using Tapatalk

wilrob

Back in the Motherland
Sep 14, 2016
Dallas, TX
Picked up a nice hum/vibration at above 80mph. Don't really have time to look into it right now, so I'll drive it till something gives.