"OFFICIAL" What did you do to your D-Max today?

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
You only bolt the driver's correct? 1 or 2 bolts? I've seen threads on this but can't remember, think mine is on its way out.

For launching u only have to do the driver side. Corbin bolted my passenger side for backing up a trailer with a sticky clutch. My driver side came out in 2 pieces:thumb: it bent the tab hook deal straight. My rear engine plate was hitting my front drive shaft when launching

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
You only bolt the driver's correct? 1 or 2 bolts? I've seen threads on this but can't remember, think mine is on its way out.

One bolt is sufficient 1/2" bolt 3" long. Put the but tword the engine block.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Haha oh snap...literally. I guess I could just bolt em both.

And thank ya Corbin maybe I'll do this while the trans is out. Where you grabbing/lifting the engine from to do this properly without ruining something

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
One bolt is sufficient 1/2" bolt 3" long. Put the but tword the engine block.

I put 2 in mine just because mine gets a shock of load when launching compared to an auto. And there was 2 holes in the mount already. I had to grind one of my bolt heads down though to clear the frame. Like corbin said one bolt would be fine

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
I put 2 in mine just because mine gets a shock of load when launching compared to an auto. And there was 2 holes in the mount already. I had to grind one of my bolt heads down though to clear the frame. Like corbin said one bolt would be fine

The way you drive 3 might have been better

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Haha oh snap...literally. I guess I could just bolt em both.

And thank ya Corbin maybe I'll do this while the trans is out. Where you grabbing/lifting the engine from to do this properly without ruining something

Took out the driver side mount and tranny mount nuts off and jacked up the tranny under the truck, gave me plenty of room

Huffy67

Dec 26, 2014
Arkansas
I picked the driver side of mine up with a hoist using a bolt hole by the ac compressor

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Spoke to soon. Perfect. I'll do that this week. Before trans goes back in. On another note have any of you replaced the bushing in the tailhousing of the transfer case. Any tips outside of new case half...already got bushing coming. Found mine is worn and mixed with the bad u joint is causing my leak all over the underside of the body.

Huffy67

Dec 26, 2014
Arkansas
Spoke to soon. Perfect. I'll do that this week. Before trans goes back in. On another note have any of you replaced the bushing in the tailhousing of the transfer case. Any tips outside of new case half...already got bushing coming. Found mine is worn and mixed with the bad u joint is causing my leak all over the underside of the body.

I've never changed the bushing but I believe you have to split the case and change it from the inside.

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
I found a tool to do it in the truck but for $650 I figured i could split and press out old and in new...guess I'll take pics and see how it goes

Huffy67

Dec 26, 2014
Arkansas
Pulling and splitting the case is easy. As far as changing the bushing I have no idea unless it can be done with a hammer lol

Huffy67

Dec 26, 2014
Arkansas
Idk, some guys around here make some pretty fancy shit. You won't be seeing any pictures of my ghetto fab on here lol