"OFFICIAL" What did you do to your D-Max today?

LbzDMax07

Dec 16, 2013
PA
Washed and waxed my k10. Duramax gets wash and wax tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMAG0996_zpsu2ics99x.jpg
    IMAG0996_zpsu2ics99x.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 30

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Got creative and got the old tailhousing bushing out of the transfer case...not for the faint of heart. Then got creative again and got the new bushing in...job went smooth and I'm hoping that solves my issue with slowly having oil appear on the underside of the cab.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Got creative and got the old tailhousing bushing out of the transfer case...not for the faint of heart. Then got creative again and got the new bushing in...job went smooth and I'm hoping that solves my issue with slowly having oil appear on the underside of the cab.

Check the back of the slip yoke between yoke and front ujoint. Yokes are known to leak there.

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
I didn't see spot where it seemed to be escaping there on that soft plug deal. The bushing was pretty worn and the front u joint at the slip yoke is shot. Gonna grease the yoke up good and add new u joints. Should go well with Evans new trans

But thanks for the heads up I'll make sure I keep an eye on it.

Random question for you Mike. Is a transfer case brace worth it for a daily driver and someone that keeps up on maintenance on the drive train?

Last edited:

rmallen30

Aug 12, 2009
hillsboro ohio
Ran 12.60 @ 108.56 w the standard cab last night trans was flaring 3/4 a little and i think im out of fuel danville 3794 cleaned all my fuel up nice ! was on 20's and only weight saving was no tailgate

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
The one I did the case was out but we had to do pump rub and some other stuff. I think don't quote me but I think we used a seal puller and then I got creative with a 1" wood dowel rod and drove it in. I had to be careful so it wouldn't get tweaked as they are kind of a goofy seal design and it'd be easy to screw it up

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
I kicked the absolute shit out of my tailpipe and that fixed my rattling exhaust. Pretty happy about it.