"OFFICIAL" What did you do to your D-Max today?

Aug 3, 2013
Arizona
^Its hard not too lol!

But anyways, im applying a fresh coat of bedliner (herculiner) to my truck, and I would like if I could buy something that would keep it from dulling out in the next 4 or so months like the original coat did.. What works for keeping the shine? Is there a UV protective spray I could use?

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Replaced a tie rod end due to me acting like a rookie 4wd launching. Didn't snap it but again, broke the inner race.

Sure is nice that for the past 6 years I have not paid for a new set of ball joints, tie rods or idler/pitman arms lol (this ones just for the tie rod)
4797834c609e3a9286758d861396f2ca.jpg

295PRO

Jan 30, 2015
Rebuilt fuel filter/primer housing. Nothing special but now I can park and not worry about losing prime.

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
Put the zf swap to use today and dragged a building dead weight. Just a little 10x10 wood shed with a heavy and rotten shingle roof. Granny gear in 2hi, no throttle didn't budge. Just wheel spin. 4lo no throttle and granny gear pulled it right off the foundation across the yard to the burn pile. Could have gotten out and walked next to it. Wish I had a video.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Put the zf swap to use today and dragged a building dead weight. Just a little 10x10 wood shed with a heavy and rotten shingle roof. Granny gear in 2hi, no throttle didn't budge. Just wheel spin. 4lo no throttle and granny gear pulled it right off the foundation across the yard to the burn pile. Could have gotten out and walked next to it. Wish I had a video.
Nice to hear u don't regret the swap at all

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
Nice to hear u don't regret the swap at all
No regrets at all about the swap. A little disappointed with the clutch. It's a grabby s.o.b. Maybe traction bars or cal-tracs will help. It's on the list of things to do/make just no time. Tuning for the lbz regulator has been a beotch. Not noticeable in automatic trucks but I've been battling a surge at very light throttle ever since the pump upgrade.

295PRO

Jan 30, 2015

Will need video of building going up to confirm your story of pulling it to burn pile.

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
Will need video of building going up to confirm your story of pulling it to burn pile.
No video. Too busy spraying it with hoses so neighbors didn't call the fire department. I am amazed I got it done without someone calling. Once those shingles and rotten wood caught it was ON. Best I can do is show the smoldering pile that once was a termite house.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
No regrets at all about the swap. A little disappointed with the clutch. It's a grabby s.o.b. Maybe traction bars or cal-tracs will help. It's on the list of things to do/make just no time. Tuning for the lbz regulator has been a beotch. Not noticeable in automatic trucks but I've been battling a surge at very light throttle ever since the pump upgrade.

My brothers don't have traction bars and it wraps the axle bad taking off. Caltracs and bolted mounts mines way less jerky. And i only have 2 leaves

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
My brothers don't have traction bars and it wraps the axle bad taking off. Caltracs and bolted mounts mines way less jerky. And i only have 2 leaves
As of now believe it or not my mounts are holding strong. I guess I should bolt them before they break. I've toyed with removing a leaf or two but I still work my truck fairly often. Leaning toward buying caltracs over homemade bars. But I could make bars for almost nothing.

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
As of now believe it or not my mounts are holding strong. I guess I should bolt them before they break. I've toyed with removing a leaf or two but I still work my truck fairly often. Leaning toward buying caltracs over homemade bars. But I could make bars for almost nothing.
You only bolt the driver's correct? 1 or 2 bolts? I've seen threads on this but can't remember, think mine is on its way out.