"OFFICIAL" What did you do to your D-Max today?

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
started it, pulled a trailer out to work on a buddies rig, cleaned the garage up and then put her back to bed. poor girl needs a bath too

Aug 3, 2013
Arizona
Im having an issue with my truck at higher speeds.. Around 65mph+ and the faster I go, the more rapid the noise gets. It sounds like a knocking noise coming from the drivers front tire area, could it be my cv? Its had a torn boot for several months and im not sure if that may be the issue? My guess is that it is, I just want to be sure before I spend the money.

Last edited:

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
CV or at least a boot for sure and some new grease is in order. But I'd check to make sure your hub on that side isn't bad now because of it

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
If it's making that much noise, reach under there and wiggle it. If it clanks around, you found the issue.

Aug 3, 2013
Arizona
Eh i bought a new cv, ill install it tomorrow and test drive it.. It was leaking for a while anyways so I might as well replace it.. I also wont be able to do any 4wd boosted launches with a cv with no grease in it haha......... I mean after I get some sleeves and a centerlink brace

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
I replaced both my cv's today. Passenger side sploded a boot and flung grease everywhere and drivers wasn't far behind. Got both from Napa reman for like 70$ a pop

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I replaced both my cv's today. Passenger side sploded a boot and flung grease everywhere and drivers wasn't far behind. Got both from Napa reman for like 70$ a pop

doesnt really matter now but they make boot kits for 15 bucks lol.

both my outer boots have been replaced, the front half shafts are the only thing i havent replaced driveline wise :rofl:

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
i dont trust them. the inner cup is thinner on them and ive had a few buddies return them after just a few thousand miles for "clunking noise". if/when the inner boots tear, ill be pulling all the boots off, cleaning the old grease out and putting the nasty ass special mix grease i use in my sand car CVs in these. they will probably out last the truck after that lol

on a side note, i already know what brian is gunna say as well. "eh i dont care, its not a race truck. ill just go get a new one if these give me issues" :roflmao:

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Easy king Arthur lol.

But seriously I just unloaded my transmission off the NPT truck. It's home from getting some loving from Evan at limitless diesel

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Washed my truck, changed the cabin filter, and visual check under the hood. Last time I looked under the hood was a month ago so in 30 days my intake horn bolts came out and my intake mount ripped the fukc off letting unfiltered air in two places... FML

Attachments

• IMG_20150505_122945225.jpg
    IMG_20150505_122945225.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 41
Aug 3, 2013
Arizona
A quick ? I have the wheel off, hub cap off and when I put pressure with my hands on the rotor trying to move it side to side, there is a little bit of play there. When I have the wheel and tire on, there isnt any play so im guessing its normal. Also, the 36mm nut is freakin tight! I cant get it off with a breaker bar, yet

Last edited:

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
A quick ? I have the wheel off, hub cap off and when I put pressure with my hands on the rotor trying to move it side to side, there is a little bit of play there. Is that normal? It isnt a whole bunch but it is noticeable and I can hear it.. Also, the 36mm nut is freakin tight! I cant get it off with a breaker bar, yet

With no wheel holding it the rotor will move slightly. Tighten a lug nut down or two and see if it still moves. If so you have an issue..

36mm socket has about 185ft lbs on it, if someone didn't use a impact..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cdbright

JUST RENT IT
Dec 16, 2008
Salt Lake City, UT
stopped in SoCal Diesel today and flashed in 5 tunes, cant seem to stop running the FAST one:thumb::thumb::thumb:, and found out i bought a truck that must have had a dsp 5 switch in it at one time and it was removed by "yanken the wires out and leaving the damb pins in the harness" method :mad::mad::mad:, but for now i am running the big tune and she sure is FUN:woott::woott::woott: