"OFFICIAL" What did you do to your D-Max today?

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Installed the bd staging limiter I picked up from a member, need to splice it into the crank position sensor. It uses a percentage of throttle input now and on a stick in a free rev it's not the most consistent yet. When it runs off of the crank sensor it will stop at a set rpm. Very easy to install with no dash:thumb:

Lb7_Katie

Lb7 Duramax
Sep 8, 2013
Literally was logging on to find your build info so I could try and find the powder color they used on that thing..

Truck looks killer.

THANKS! It's illusion cherry with gold flake by prismatic powders! WCFAB might have it in stock.

I was thinking I couldn't run caltracs due to the bolt hitting? I thought it was a standard cab only. I would rather have caltracs then torsion bars.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

This confused me!

You have to move the E-brake bracket with the lowering kit. But we haven't installed the DJM drop, plan on doing that after this Midwest callout challenge.

We also installed a Bug Chevy behind the Roll Pan hitch! And ordered some Dirty Hooker suspension stops for the challenge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
THANKS! It's illusion cherry with gold flake by prismatic powders! WCFAB might have it in stock.

You have to move the E-brake bracket with the lowering kit. But we haven't installed the DJM drop, plan on doing that after this Midwest callout challenge.

We also installed a Bug Chevy behind the Roll Pan hitch! And ordered some Dirty Hooker suspension stops for the challenge.

Thanks Katie, I might steal that color if that's cool.. I wanted candy Apple red but I remember yours is killer in the sun. I'm not buildings a show truck but I want to have something im proud to show off..

Where's this midwest callout?

Lb7_Katie

Lb7 Duramax
Sep 8, 2013
Thanks Katie, I might steal that color if that's cool.. I wanted candy Apple red but I remember yours is killer in the sun. I'm not buildings a show truck but I want to have something im proud to show off..

Where's this midwest callout?

Go ahead I love the color! And it's in Minnesota, Jags diesel picked 10 trucks to compete 3days. Drag, pull and sled all different locations and you can't trailer the truck to or from any event.
66098dd0048644aae839812b960537b4.jpg

e36d15743c4b12b4516845b739041c29.jpg

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Go ahead I love the color! And it's in Minnesota, Jags diesel picked 10 trucks to compete 3days. Drag, pull and sled all different locations and you can't trailer the truck to or from any event.
66098dd0048644aae839812b960537b4.jpg

e36d15743c4b12b4516845b739041c29.jpg

Damn that color looks good...

The event sounds pretty damn cool. Take pics and post up a thread. My lack of social media keeps me in the dark

Lb7_Katie

Lb7 Duramax
Sep 8, 2013
"OFFICIAL" What did you do to your D-Max today?

Damn that color looks good...

The event sounds pretty damn cool. Take pics and post up a thread. My lack of social media keeps me in the dark

Good luck Katie!

Thanks I'm really happy with how it turned out! And unfortunately I won't be able to take picks lol I can't even drive my truck the event is next weekend and I'm in CO for work, that's why I had to turn down DPC.

And thank you!

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota
I should be at the Midwest diesel challenge all 3 days, I will get some pictures and video!:thumb:

Hope the weather is nice!!!!

a3rdegree

a3rdegree
Mar 13, 2016
Cairo, georgia
5846920c914fa16a1350d233db4806dc.jpg
new head gasket and injector cup s sealed

LB7 2002 sierra 2500hd extended cab long bed. wicked wheel 2. intake horn mod. 3" down pipe. Arp head studs. ppe boost increase valve.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Sat down this evening and did some serious figuring on my truck plans.. I honestly don't know how people build these trucks, you guys must have some bad ass paying jobs. I make decent money and can't even consider a full build..

But anyway, time will tell what I do.

Today I cleaned up some parts in prep for powder coat.. Was a waste of time and I'll be taking them to the machine shop for them to just hot tank them.. Pressure washer and simple green was disappointing..

motoking_1990

May 9, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
I ask myself the same thing. I could have 15-20k wrapped up easy and that's not even including some things or labor. It's very discouraging. I wish they were like gas engines. 6k and you have a completely built motor.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
Sat down this evening and did some serious figuring on my truck plans.. I honestly don't know how people build these trucks, you guys must have some bad ass paying jobs. I make decent money and can't even consider a full build..

Today I cleaned up some parts in prep for powder coat.. Was a waste of time and I'll be taking them to the machine shop for them to just hot tank them.. Pressure washer and simple green was disappointing..
Man, tell me about it. I don't want to think of how many years I've been dumping my salary into my truck. Should have left it stock, and bought a Camaro or something on the side. The theory was it would save money over having a dedicated race car, and the trailer, but the reality is it would have been cheaper to have a dedicated race car, trailer, and stock truck. :eek:

Oh well, can't stop now, I'm in too deep :rofl:

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state

IDK what you're talking about........