"OFFICIAL" What did you do to your D-Max today?

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Katie's pic reminds me of when Nick @ DP took down Pat and Kat's Casper land speed videos b/c their truck had "DuramaxDiesels.com" on its side.
Looking back, isnt it silly the shit we used to argue about? :hehe:

I remember that... There was some epic butthurt on DP. Kinda glad it happened because that prompted Pat to start this site. Kinda wish the old mofo would come back and clean house a bit but I think those days are gone. Glad to be part of the original shenanigans:thumb:

motoking_1990

May 9, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
I don't think they know what they're talking about. Happens a lot I'm seeing. Even more on instagram.

'06 '07 LBZ's
Owner of ShopSource.com
& Evil Arc Fabrication
Here you go pal. You can maybe explain it better! Or maybe I will make an account and ask people on insta graham. Maybe they will know what they're talking about!

Post#21 and up

http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68743

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix

motoking_1990

May 9, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
I'm sorry, did someone learn that not EVERY ONE that comes on here is a 18 year old punk kid like you seem to think? I just asked a simple question about caltracs. If you don't know what your talking about then dont comment your meaningless rude posts, assuming everyone is as smart as you are.

So how did Katie get caltracs on if they interfere? Her truck is a short bed as well. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than I about caltracs can chime in.:confused:

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
I was thinking I couldn't run caltracs due to the bolt hitting? I thought it was a standard cab only. I would rather have caltracs then torsion bars.

Greg, as far as I know you can put cal tracs on any cab config as long as you buy the appropriate bracjets.. I know my ext cab will get cal tracs when I get it going.

Edit: read that post.. That info only pertains to trucks with drop hangers for the lowering kit..

Stock front hangers are obviously fine.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
While drinking beer last night I took a mental inventory of all the parts in the bed of my new purchase. Got a lot more than I thought I did.. Now just to find time to piece it together.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I'm sorry, did someone learn that not EVERY ONE that comes on here is a 18 year old punk kid like you seem to think? I just asked a simple question about caltracs. If you don't know what your talking about then dont comment your meaningless rude posts, assuming everyone is as smart as you are.

So how did Katie get caltracs on if they interfere? Her truck is a short bed as well. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than I about caltracs can chime in.:confused:

cal tracs will bolt on any config dmax UNLESS you have drop hangers on the springs. then it becomes an issue.

and just cause it bugs me (probably just me though), those bars i use to sell and what everyone puts on there trucks that mount from the frame to the axle are NOT traction bars. they are purely axle wrap bars. they aid in no additional traction and the only reason you may see an increase in a 60ft is due to the loss in power to the ground from the wrapping of the springs and creating a bad launch. most people that add them find they can spin the tires easier in 2wd after install cause the springs no longer wrap up and creates a rear end that is planted/stiff.

motoking_1990

May 9, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
Thanks for explaining that. I'm really glad I didn't pull the trigger on the material for traction bars yet. Gonna give caltracs a whirl instead. :thumb:

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Thanks Corbin, I never did have the chance to get back with you. What are the plans on this new black truck? Is it zf6 or auto? Build thread yet?

Auto truck.. It'll get an lly swap and a trans kit from Evan for beginners.. Budget will decide the rest..

motoking_1990

May 9, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
Auto truck.. It'll get an lly swap and a trans kit from Evan for beginners.. Budget will decide the rest..
I would love to swap a lly up into my truck. How far do you plan on going with the trans? I know the budget thing. Haha Have to do a bit at a time. My next step will be some internals unless I decide to swap in newer. Seems like it is a headache with wiring. You have done it before so it should be relatively easy for you. Do you already have the lly?

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
I would love to swap a lly up into my truck. How far do you plan on going with the trans? I know the budget thing. Haha Have to do a bit at a time. My next step will be some internals unless I decide to swap in newer. Seems like it is a headache with wiring. You have done it before so it should be relatively easy for you. Do you already have the lly?

Trans will get a kit and billet input, Evans converter or goerun.. I've got everything but the harness from ben to do the swap.. Hoping to do a budget build and add air/ fuel later for a true 800

Yellow Jacket

WannaBe Sled Puller
Feb 11, 2009
Waterloo, IA
Trans will get a kit and billet input, Evans converter or goerun.. I've got everything but the harness from ben to do the swap.. Hoping to do a budget build and add air/ fuel later for a true 800

Let me know, I can get you wherever Goerend converter you want for a good price, if you don't have a dealer to hook you up... You helped me bunches with that LLY ECM