"OFFICIAL" What did you do to your D-Max today?

dzimbric

Oct 21, 2015
Shallotte, NC
Almost buried mine up to the bumper today.
Went to the bank at lunch and took a shortcut back. The road closed signs were down and the dirt was freshly graded. Cruising around 40 in 4WD and notice a wet spot that was actually wet clay. Hit the brakes and entered it slowly but not enough room to come to a full stop. Went in up to my bumper and crawled through. I looked at the next spot stopped, got out and saw the ruts where the road grader had pulled in and stopped, there was a similar set coming from the other direction along with some mud covered shoes and stuff you might use to get traction if you were stuck.
I decided not to chance it and turned around and crossed the first spot again, feeling the frame bottom with my 7 inch lift and 35 inch tires.
crawled through again and ended up with enough mud in the rims that I had to ride back to town at 30 mph. lol
Spent 10 dollars washing out the clay and gravel from the wheels and suspension. I'm sure the guy that owns the car wash is real happy with me.

chevor

Highway hauler.
Sep 17, 2015
On the Road
Soon I'll be over the high mile hump.
20160419_153832_zpsdacse3sv.jpg

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Are you talking about the EGR cooler, if so does anyone make a block gasket from the cooler to intake.? Thought the oil issue would be gone with a PCV reroute.?
Even if the PCV was rerouted if all the excess in the piping and IC would eventually makes its way up there. Every time my cold side is off I have to wipe it out. Drives me insane. Cant wait for the day I can dismantle everything and get it cleaned

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Even if the PCV was rerouted if all the excess in the piping and IC would eventually makes its way up there. Every time my cold side is off I have to wipe it out. Drives me insane. Cant wait for the day I can dismantle everything and get it cleaned

Remove the intercooler and remove all the oil from the bottom where it has collected. Took about 6 months for the turbo to clear on mine and now have no oil seepage on the hotside. Now I have just a drip at the coldside LBZ/LMM connections. I'm thinking a gallon of paint thinner, let soak, dump, rinse with some industrial Simple Green or Dawn and hotwater let soak and then water...

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
I dunno on the cleaning process but I'd sure like to hot tank my ic and radiator....just wish I could figure out how the do it and then get them dry inside...especially the trans cooling portion of the radiator

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
A little moisture won't hurt the engine on the intercooler side, cheaper just to purchase a new radiator, the plastic/aluminum radiators are throw away unless you cant get the tanks anymore then you recore...

countrycorey

Trust Me I'm an Engineer
Jan 30, 2010
LA
Learned I hate up pipe bolts and if you block your EGR for 150K the EGR fills up with 1/2gal. of sludge.
When I pulled my egr cooler off last February (blocked and fingerstick at ~45k and removed at ~180k), it had at least a quart of coolant and sludge in it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
I dunno on the cleaning process but I'd sure like to hot tank my ic and radiator....just wish I could figure out how the do it and then get them dry inside...especially the trans cooling portion of the radiator

Hairdryer, flex vent ducting for a dryer and duct tape

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Are you talking about the EGR cooler, if so does anyone make a block gasket from the cooler to intake.? Thought the oil issue would be gone with a PCV reroute.?
Yes, my pcv isn't blocked just my egr. So I guess the oil goes down the hole and sits there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

countrycorey

Trust Me I'm an Engineer
Jan 30, 2010
LA
So the best thing to fix this cooler buildup is by blocking the other port of the cooler? If i have that correct
You could bypass it, you would just need a length of hose to connect from the firewall to where it comesee out of the top/front of the engine. I had my pcv rerouted before I blocked my egr so I know there was minimal oil in there. When I pulled my cast intake off, it was still fairly oily and caked with soot

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk