"OFFICIAL" What did you do to your D-Max today?

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Picked er up from RPM/Russ last night, stock :/
But, she runs good and I'm almost home

No leaks, no hiccups...
Russ did a fantastic job and did me one hell of a favor!!!

HUGE THANKS AND HUGE PROPS TO RUSSS...
Now, I just gotta get home and get some sleep..30hrs of driving does things to a person...:joker:

That's good to hear Jason! You gonna list it or keep it?

JeremyDon88

Feb 6, 2012
Got it professionally detailed
9bbed57cdad69bca3832f32e2f1f77e9.jpg

e7502266165d652c1daa64eed44e0093.jpg

Truck looks great man!

Aug 3, 2013
Arizona
What happened to the black truck?

I sold it to a guy from texas.. Funny story actually, he came here with his single cab lly with a u-haul trailer and my truck wouldnt fit on it, so he ended up putting his single cab on the trailer and towing it home with my old truck.

But I ended up buying a mitsubishi ralliart, after 13 days of driving it I got rear ended and it was a total loss. Ive been dealing with insurance now for over a month. The process is almost finalized but its taken a long time.

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Truck develop a throttle and speed related noise at 65 and 6th.. I've checked everything I can..including wheel bearings Can't find culprit... Seams I'm going to have blow it up to find the failing item... Hate doing it this way :(
Hopefully I can get everything picked up and kicked off
Have I mentioned how much I hate trouble shooting problems like this!
Fwiw taking us52/18 from Rochester MN to Janesville wi
Found idler arm bracket and arm are sloppy which killing my tire.. So new part tomorrow then hopefully off to Laredo tx for Monday kickoff

Gues 276k on original steering system time for new stuff

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
That's good to hear Jason! You gonna list it or keep it?
Ya know, it is such a nice truck...but this truck has too much baggage that comes with it, for me

If I had all my ducks in a row I would've driven it straight to a lot
Not sure how long I'm gonna have it, but my goal is to dump it ASAP

I've got an LS2 sittin here beggin for some attention... I'm thinking a 1/2 ton would be legit for it...

If I can get the dealership to honor the warranty on the long block I bought that failed, I may get another Dmax, but as of right now I'm pretty burned out on diesels

Last edited:

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
Ya know, it is such a nice truck...but this truck has too much baggage that comes with it, for me

If I had all my ducks in a row I would've driven it straight to a lot
Not sure how long I'm gonna have it, but my goal is to dump it ASAP

I've got an LS2 sittin here beggin for some attention... I'm thinking a 1/2 ton would be legit for it...

If I can get the dealership to honor the warranty on the long block I bought that failed, I may get another Dmax, but as of right now I'm pretty burned out on diesels

Jason and Brian.. sitting in a tree... K.I.S.S.I.N.G ...... you know the rest... you too are the PERFECT couple :hug::ban-hump:

On a SERIOUS note... Glad to hear you are back up and running, I wish you luck on what ever road life takes you down... Keep your head up!! :thumb:

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
[/COLOR]

Jason and Brian.. sitting in a tree... K.I.S.S.I.N.G ...... you know the rest... you too are the PERFECT couple :hug::ban-hump:

On a SERIOUS note... Glad to hear you are back up and running, I wish you luck on what ever road life takes you down... Keep your head up!! :thumb:

:spit:
:rofl:
Hahahaha

Well, ga...err, great minds think alike, right?
Actually, I was thinking about gettin a white dodge on my drive home
:angel:

Same cost as the diesel Colorado, so....

Yeah man, thanks Dan!
I'm good man

Life goes on right?
Gotta move along with it, or get run the F••K over!

Russ was awesome and instrumental to work with in gettin my rig baco to stock, which from the point my rig was at was probably a much larger task than a full engine build...he was beyond fair and understanding, reasonable, willing and committed to getting me on the road again...He was on the spot and there for a stranger in a moment of need and in general a stand up guy

I'm know taking me in and then all this crap Im going thru, burned him, he wouldn't say, I hope he is able to be square with it once the dust settles, all I can say is I'm totally grateful

Hindsight:
Wish I would've had it hauled home
I should'nt have taken my X at face value... :/
I should've made a more thorough evaluation of everything before making a decision

That was stupid on my part, the whole thing and circumstance was just a little overwhelming at the time.

Live and learn

Last edited:

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Broke a crank and left him and his daughter stranded. Luckily rpmmotorsports came to the rescue and towed it to his shop and replaced the crank.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
That's the gist of it...

Russ did more than that tho
The crank spun a main when it broke and the block was toast
Was gonna do a full build, parts were ordered on both ends...divorce/separation tieing up finances put a kibosh on the build mid swing

Russ got stuck in the middle and took it like a champ
Not only that, but he had empathy for my situation and returned my truck to stock, which was no small feat, in and of itself

It's ugly, but its life

motoking_1990

May 9, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
That's the gist of it...

Russ did more than that tho
The crank spun a main when it broke and the block was toast
Was gonna do a full build, parts were ordered on both ends...divorce/separation tieing up finances put a kibosh on the build mid swing

Russ got stuck in the middle and took it like a champ
Not only that, but he had empathy for my situation and returned my truck to stock, which was no small feat, in and of itself

It's ugly, but its life
Ahhh Didn't know the block was trashed. Sucks you had to put everything back to stock. Sorry to hear about everything hopefully your luck has changed since then. Divorces are pretty stressful alone without the crank issue. Makes for some very rough holidays. Things WILL get better they always do. Just gotta take some situations a day at a time.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
&quot;OFFICIAL&quot; What did you do to your D-Max today?

Burnt up another Airdog-200 motor. This will be number 4. Seems like every time the weather gets cold they shit the bed

You running fuel additive/ anti gel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
Low teens. The fuel up here has anti-gel added in already. The place I get it from is always filled with with big trucks and there is a Power Service additive package already in the fuel.

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Low teens. The fuel up here has anti-gel added in already. The place I get it from is always filled with with big trucks and there is a Power Service additive package already in the fuel.

Man Chris, I hate to say it, but that doesn't sound like an AirDog issue...I've had the same AD165 for several years now and seen temps well below zero many, many times
Where are you getting power and where is your ground?

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
Man Chris, I hate to say it, but that doesn't sound like an AirDog issue...I've had the same AD165 for several years now and seen temps well below zero many, many times
Where are you getting power and where is your ground?

Power is direct from the alternator. Key on is the normal stacked fuse. Ground is to the frame. Seems like I get 2 years and its done. I even kept the pressure way down on this one to make sure that wasnt wearing them out early.

motoking_1990

May 9, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
Power is direct from the alternator. Key on is the normal stacked fuse. Ground is to the frame. Seems like I get 2 years and its done. I even kept the pressure way down on this one to make sure that wasnt wearing them out early.
Could the alternator be sending too much voltage to the pump? When the engine is running 14V is sent to the batteries.