"OFFICIAL" What did you do to your D-Max today?

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
Set a new personal record on an lb7 injector job. Just over 5 and a half hours start to finish. Think I could do it in under 5hrs if I get totally left alone. Cordless tools and 5mm allen wobbles are awesome.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013

Set a new personal record on an lb7 injector job. Just over 5 and a half hours start to finish. Think I could do it in under 5hrs if I get totally left alone. Cordless tools and 5mm allen wobbles are awesome.

That's probably my personal best too. That's booking it really. But the getting left alone part and the truck cooperating never happens lol.

I did one Monday in about 6 including pulling two cups that were siliconed in, and having to drill one valve cover bolt from the last guy, then pulling another with vise grips..

Did an lly water pump and thermostats in an hour and 15 min from opening the hood to start up Wednesday.. Thought I made out ok on that one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lil bleur

Its all good until..BOOM!
Oct 6, 2015
York PA
A 10mm turbo socket on the outside of the head works really nice if the inside Allen is stripped.:thumb:
That's probably my personal best too. That's booking it really. But the getting left alone part and the truck cooperating never happens lol.

I did one Monday in about 6 including pulling two cups that were siliconed in, and having to drill one valve cover bolt from the last guy, then pulling another with vise grips..

Did an lly water pump and thermostats in an hour and 15 min from opening the hood to start up Wednesday.. Thought I made out ok on that one

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
A 10mm turbo socket on the outside of the head works really nice if the inside Allen is stripped.:thumb:

My 10mm one is ruined and my snap on guy sucks 5/16 drill bit works good too.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Steve came over and we got my tune dialed in. pegs my 60psi boost gauge now, super clean out the exhaust, and some extremely smooth shifting. i need a bigger boost gauge :angel:

04chase

Mar 28, 2008
Got it too inglewood transmission

7f8c1a1ac7b8ea7e8e2fe77ff853c199.jpg

Inevitable as we all know. SMH.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
I dropped mine off at my buddies shop for a few new brake lines. Had one blow out in that snow storm last weekend. Got under it and realized 3 of them are in bad shape. Gotta love road salt!

Damn dude! Doesn't that job book around 6 hrs?

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013

I dropped mine off at my buddies shop for a few new brake lines. Had one blow out in that snow storm last weekend. Got under it and realized 3 of them are in bad shape. Gotta love road salt!

Damn dude! Doesn't that job book around 6 hrs?

I think 8 on the water pump and 2 on thermostats for some reason

Kinda felt bad so I only billed him for the water pump lol

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL

I'm pretty happy with that time. Best time anyone has done it at the shop I work in. I keep a 5mm allen socket new and sharp. I only use it on partially rounded bolts. If it starts to round with my regular one I tap the sharp one into the bolt and get it. Hadn't had to drill one yet. I never get left alone, I bet I was distracted from that job for close to an hour between people asking questions and needing help with things.

I did an lb7 water pump in about an hour and fifteen once. I forget why but it was super last minute Friday at 330 for a good customer. He didn't mind paying 6 hours labor long as I could get it done.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
I have actually. I'd have to get a new bumper and paint it right? Chrome etching primer is expensive, correct?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Your better off matching the color in powdercoat instead of paint, paint sucks on chrome bumpers. I have my bumpers powdercoater ony on the chrome parts and it turned out great, they even have clearcoat powdercoater now too. I got mine an exact factory color match.

divemonster

Sep 12, 2014
Your better off matching the color in powdercoat instead of paint, paint sucks on chrome bumpers. I have my bumpers powdercoater ony on the chrome parts and it turned out great, they even have clearcoat powdercoater now too. I got mine an exact factory color match.
About how much does that run if you don't mind me asking?

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

aldenrichie

Dec 26, 2015
Covington, TN
Interesting. I'll have to do some more research

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk