"OFFICIAL" What did you do to your D-Max today?

lil bleur

Its all good until..BOOM!
Oct 6, 2015
York PA
Yeah and Illinois mandatory b20 blends I'm running 14M fuel water and a 2M fuel filters with lift pump..
Fuel goes tank F/W filter lift pump, 2M filter engine... Lift pump isn't making noise.. But engine runs. But can't go down the road... Bought some hot hand hand warmers duct taped them to the F/W filter says they get up to 158°F
You probably got water in there...http://buysentry.com/ will take care of that issue!
Power Service stuff is Snake Oil. I've had a couple customers that went from that stuff to Stanadyne Performance Formula. (I'm torn between two on the Sentry and Stanadyne). Every single one has seen better fuel economy and cleaner running. The one guy was in BC. His engine missed and sputtered at around 1700 RPM. It still did it after new injectors and fuel lines...he was running Power Service Winter Shit the whole time. It all cleared up after he through a bottle of Stanadyne Performance Formula in.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
You probably got water in there...http://buysentry.com/ will take care of that issue!
Power Service stuff is Snake Oil. I've had a couple customers that went from that stuff to Stanadyne Performance Formula. (I'm torn between two on the Sentry and Stanadyne). Every single one has seen better fuel economy and cleaner running. The one guy was in BC. His engine missed and sputtered at around 1700 RPM. It still did it after new injectors and fuel lines...he was running Power Service Winter Shit the whole time. It all cleared up after he through a bottle of Stanadyne Performance Formula in.

I went from standyne to power service because it made my truck sound like shit. Ever since going to power service I couldn't be happier.

lil bleur

Oct 6, 2015
York PA
I went from standyne to power service because it made my truck sound like shit. Ever since going to power service I couldn't be happier.
haha This is interesting! What's the difference in sound between the two? I know Stanadyne has a healthy dose of Cetane booster...

OregonDMAX

Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
haha This is interesting! What's the difference in sound between the two? I know Stanadyne has a healthy dose of Cetane booster...

Injector noise of some sort, I have no idea it made me feel like something was wrong and I just happen to run out and didn't buy more in time and the sound went away next fillup. I used power service for years and my original lb7 injectors just went out after 160k so something was working.

OregonDMAX

Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Saw a 2017 or 18? corvette being road tested today. It was covered in the black vinyl wrap or whatever they use to disguise them. It did look and sound legit as hell, it was on a backroad on the outskirts of Phoenix. They tried teal hard to disguise it bit I could tell it was a corvette, a really badass looking corvette.

I would have ran him but ibwas in my work van :roflmao:

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Been slacking on buying a pair of the 200w version
https://utahbiodieselsupply.com/fuelfilterheater.php

Ordered filter heater in said link

End of the day gelled fuel clogs filters... And heat is #1 best way to unclog said filters..
Between additives and truck wash I spent $110-120 and wasted ~4 hours . so I spent $70.00 on something I should've done while back.. Taking something designed to thin out WVO which is much thicker then gelled diesel..
Outside having the tank gell solid.. I get one on both my f/w and fuel filters I should be fine

lil bleur

Oct 6, 2015
York PA
Injector noise of some sort, I have no idea it made me feel like something was wrong and I just happen to run out and didn't buy more in time and the sound went away next fillup. I used power service for years and my original lb7 injectors just went out after 160k so something was working.
Right On, It was probably cz you used a little Stanadyne that made them run that long JK :D:hug: Glad you found Power Service to work!

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Picked er up from RPM/Russ last night, stock :/
But, she runs good and I'm almost home

No leaks, no hiccups...
Russ did a fantastic job and did me one hell of a favor!!!

HUGE THANKS AND HUGE PROPS TO RUSSS...
Now, I just gotta get home and get some sleep..30hrs of driving does things to a person...:joker:

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Sorry, but, stock turbo, stock trans and stock injectors

!!!SUCK!!!
:mad:

Going backward is the worst....

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Sorry, but, stock turbo, stock trans and stock injectors

!!!SUCK!!!
:mad:

Going backward is the worst....

yeah i made it through sunday on a stock tune (first day of actually driving my truck). sucked so bad i built a quick little race tune to get me by till steve finished my tune. muuuuuch better :D

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
yeah i made it through sunday on a stock tune (first day of actually driving my truck). sucked so bad i built a quick little race tune to get me by till steve finished my tune. muuuuuch better :D

I think I made it thru the first tank of fuel just happy I was driving it, then an old 1st gen Dodge picked up my pace for 100miles or so, then he flew by me cuz I was governed...and, that was that :angel:

The tuning for my old set up seems to be doin alright for now, I'm only using the heavy tow tune:thumb:

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Truck develop a throttle and speed related noise at 65 and 6th.. I've checked everything I can..including wheel bearings Can't find culprit... Seams I'm going to have blow it up to find the failing item... Hate doing it this way :(
Hopefully I can get everything picked up and kicked off
Have I mentioned how much I hate trouble shooting problems like this!
Fwiw taking us52/18 from Rochester MN to Janesville wi

Last edited:

aldenrichie

Dec 26, 2015
Covington, TN
First time my drunken ebay/amazon shopping trips have really paid off. Got a NOS,color matched, oem Silverado SS grille for my truck at only $110 shipped. The other identical ones were asking 450-500!
Can't wait to get it on!
What's a good way to keep this thing as cherry as it is right now? Just wax it up? Is there a good way to keep the chrome from flaking (which I know is years out, but still)
e41021afa85fd699c644d8a8f384b9e3.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk