LB7: New Injector Design

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I need to see what # is on my injectors cause i have 65k on them, two at 2.0 and the rest under 1.0. They were replaced i in 08 and have ran anything but stock tuning since though ive been running snake oil in my tank :D

nailski

Nov 11, 2011
Nope. Its a warrenty on the truck just like any other warrenty you get when you buy a new truck

My buddy has an LB7 and is having major fuel issues. Is there any warranty on replacement injectors for an LB7? It seems like bullshit to produce a product that almost always fails on the LB7 trucks and expect the customer to continue to eat the bill for replacement for the life of the vehicle!

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
My buddy has an LB7 and is having major fuel issues. Is there any warranty on replacement injectors for an LB7? It seems like bullshit to produce a product that almost always fails on the LB7 trucks and expect the customer to continue to eat the bill for replacement for the life of the vehicle!

The trucks came with a 5 year 100,000 mile warranty. GM recognized that the LB7 injectors were having a high failure rate so they extended the warranty to 7 years and 200,000 miles. Because of the 7 year limit there are really no LB7s that are still covered. Other companies have had worse failure and done nothing about it - 6.0L PowerStrokes didn't get warranties extended for EGR coolers, head gaskets, or injectors.

What more do you want from GM? A lifetime warranty on the truck? GM is in the business of selling new trucks to make money - they can't do that if they do all of your maintenance and repairs for free and they'd go out of business spending the money to do it. You could always sell the truck and buy an LLY or newer Duramax, or get a PowerStroke or Cummins since we all know they don't have a single problem and always get fixed for free by Ford and Dodge:rofl:

Another option would be to get an "aftermarket warranty" - they have all those commercials on TV and send you all that junk mail. That way you make monthly payments and then when something goes wrong they pay for it (if they don't find a loop-hole to get out of paying) and if nothing goes wrong you have just paid for nothing... All those are is an insurance policy that your vehicle won't have mechanical issues; insurance companies are betting that their customers collectively will pay in more than what they pay out for repairs - the statistics are constantly analyzed and the insurance companies adjust prices to ensure they never lose that bet. The best insurance policy is a savings account - if you put in what you've paid for car insurance over your lifetime how much would you have saved up? Bad part is that car insurace isn't optional - some states will allow surety bonds of deposits for the minimum coverage amounts.

Last edited:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az

New injectors usually have a 12 month 12,000 mile warrenty on the part, labor not included

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
The trucks came with a 5 year 100,000 mile warranty. GM recognized that the LB7 injectors were having a high failure rate so they extended the warranty to 7 years and 200,000 miles. Because of the 7 year limit there are really no LB7s that are still covered. Other companies have had worse failure and done nothing about it - 6.0L PowerStrokes didn't get warranties extended for EGR coolers, head gaskets, or injectors.

What more do you want from GM? A lifetime warranty on the truck? GM is in the business of selling new trucks to make money - they can't do that if they do all of your maintenance and repairs for free and they'd go out of business spending the money to do it. You could always sell the truck and buy an LLY or newer Duramax, or get a PowerStroke or Cummins since we all know they don't have a single problem and always get fixed for free by Ford and Dodge:rofl:
:thumb:

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Wow is there a lot of BS in this thread! You guys are gullible good one RHALL. :roflmao:

No way is Bosch coming out with a replacement for the current replacement. By that I mean that it isn't a STOCK application injector like the current injector! Perhaps something in the aftermarket but who knows. Are there improvements in the injector ? Who knows. To me something was left out in the conversation. In other words these injectors aren't going to be anything different then what is already being sold in the aftermarket except perhaps more reliable if there is such a thing.

One thing for sure GM isn't going to want anything to do with this even if they still had warranty work to perform The LB7's are a dead truck model year engine to them. It's been replaced all the way up to what the LMM now?

Everyone knows in order to run bigger injectors you need more support in hard parts and calibration. Sure it will run but will it run right? What makes you think GM will invest any time and money in rewriting a calibration for a model year that is done? Makes no sense!

Imagine the money in time spent getting it right. I suppose GM is going to install all kinds of other goodies too! You guys need to wake up. I'm not saying that Relentless is spreading rumors but I do believe that the messenger told a inflated incorrect message to him.

So I join the I call BS on a replacement for the replacement injector for the LB7 from Bosch! Maybe they are getting into the aftermarket but how should I know! In other words this is NOT a replacement unless you want bigger sticks. Aren't there already bigger sticks on the market for the LB7? I don't see Bosch wasting their time with this unless they feel guilty for shoving these worses less injectors on us in the first place. If that is the case I want a free set! Or they owe me a free set! I should say.

Last edited:

nailski

Nov 11, 2011

Another option would be to get an "aftermarket warranty" - they have all those commercials on TV and send you all that junk mail. That way you make monthly payments and then when something goes wrong they pay for it (if they don't find a loop-hole to get out of paying) and if nothing goes wrong you have just paid for nothing... All those are is an insurance policy that your vehicle won't have mechanical issues; insurance companies are betting that their customers collectively will pay in more than what they pay out for repairs - the statistics are constantly analyzed and the insurance companies adjust prices to ensure they never lose that bet. The best insurance policy is a savings account - if you put in what you've paid for car insurance over your lifetime how much would you have saved up? Bad part is that car insurace isn't optional - some states will allow surety bonds of deposits for the minimum coverage amounts.

can you point out in my post where I said GM should "lifetime warranty" the truck?

So what you're basically saying is because Ford and Dodge have had their issues, we should be happy with a menial $4,000 every few years to keep the truck running by replacing a poorly designed injector....with another poorly designed injector.

Guess I'm glad I bought an LBZ.

rgullett83

Oct 27, 2008
Illinois
can you point out in my post where I said GM should "lifetime warranty" the truck?

So what you're basically saying is because Ford and Dodge have had their issues, we should be happy with a menial $4,000 every few years to keep the truck running by replacing a poorly designed injector....with another poorly designed injector.

sounds like you should find a different shop to replace them:thumb:

jraymer

<--Tree Hugger
Oct 31, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
They did fix the lb7 injectors, it's called the LLY. It would be cool if there is a new injector coming out and I am excited to hear the results of these "stuck in customs" injectors. If mine fail again then I guess I will tear the top off and fix it myself, not a big deal. I imagine all of us lb7 owners knew what we were buying when we bought our trucks.

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com

$4000 is too much. I have been installing the 07+ update injectors in LB7s for over 3 years and have never had problems with a single set. Just got a call this past week from one of the first sets I did, was a little worried until he said he wanted transmission work.

As with any aging vehicle it is the owner's decision whether the vehicle is worth paying for maintenance on or if it is time to sell it.

I'm glad I bought 2 LLYs but I also got a killer deal on an LB7 Kodiak thanks to bad injectors melting a piston.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
What are 07+ injectors? What I thought I knew was there was only one updated set of injectors.I do believe on the beginning they had reman sets they being GM used and then if I recall there was a so called improvement set and that was it. If anything the reman set is one and the same

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
What are 07+ injectors? What I thought I knew was there was only one updated set of injectors.I do believe on the beginning they had reman sets they being GM used and then if I recall there was a so called improvement set and that was it. If anything the reman set is one and the same

There have been many revisions to the injectors by Bosch. You are wrong about there being only one revision.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Easy I said I thought now I have to figure out what revised set I have.. hopefully I have the newest design but who knows actually if they will last anyway. It was either 07 or 08 so maybe they are the newest. Really not sure I would foot the bill on yet another set pretty sure I would not. Not sure I would even pay to do one or two either.

Oct 21, 2009
Is it really that amazing? These are bosch injectors for those who can't read. Yes I do not know why they are doing the new design after all these years. Guessing gm/bosch did not think the lb7s would last more then 100k lol

Kspen90

<<<got turbos?
Jul 14, 2011
Burleson, Tx
If i were to guess, and thats all this is is a guess, i would say it is to avoid either a class action lawsuit or lemon law buybacks. But idk.......