LB7: New Injector Design

Mike_S

OOPS!
Nov 18, 2009
Idaho
I just dont understand how people aree getting all bent out of shape about their injectors going bad. I must be weird, but i look at it as a maintainance item. If you do the work yourself, its less than a penny per mile cost for a complete set of injectors on average.

As for these new injectors, here is my thought. Bosch makes many many different injectors for many different applications. I see it being plausible that this particular injector is one for a diffent application that happens to be simmiler in design to the factory one. Or perhaps a few parts from various different injecotrs put together to function on the LB7. call me a retard if you like (LOL!) but it makes sense in my head. (as unlikely as it might be to happen...haha)

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
We'll never know because Bosch secrecy is better than the US Defense Dept.

I would hope Relentless would post pics of these new injectors, esp compared to the old ones, just to see if there are any obvious external changes.

JD4440

<< Lo-Carb Monster
Feb 27, 2009
Orlinda, TN
Damn. How did you hear about these? who do you know to be able to "test" a set? I would just think bosch would have done all the testing already before releasing them?

That was my thought. Maybe even test them in one that was bought back due to many injector replacements :confused:

Oct 21, 2009
Didn't mean test for bosch's R and D. The friend just said basically I have some new designed injectors that you can try out" sorry for the wrong wording. Truck they will be going on is stock motor/turbo. Built trans and some bolt ons efilive tuned. I wil post pictures once they arrive.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
I can't wait for more info on this. What its weird is if your getting a set then they are ready for the public. So following along from what your being told and telling us is if you went to the dealer to have your injectors replaced this or these injectors are the ones you would have installed?

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
WELL ???? Are these injectors still stuck in customs? As myself a lot of people are interested in these injectors. All kidding aside can you update us on the progress?

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Relentless,

Not for nothing but is there any way possible good bad indifferent that you can possibly give us a update on these injectors? I'm hoping you were given good info or in-tell on these pieces and someone had not miss-spoke ,I'm not referring to you as I'm sure you were just passing on info, that these injectors do exist and are coming to market.

Give us something good bad or even ugly. No need to just keep us hanging even if ,I hope not,have bad info. I just can't let it go as there is a desire and need for these items! HELP!!!!

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
I don't see Bosch doing any research and development on an obsolete injector design. I just don't buy it, sorry.

I really hope I'm wrong though!

Well thats a yes and no for Bosch. Bosch sells and designs injectors and it's possible that this new design is used in possibly another application that can possibly be used in our application or fitted to be used. Of course I'm stretching here but I really don't know but would like to hear more about it sense it was brought here for discussion.

As far as research and development on a obsolete injector YES as far as GM goes in using it as a replacement for the replacement that is available which means testing rewriting a ECM calibration etc etc etc NO I don't buy that no way no how unless I'm proven incorrect!

Now as far as the consumer ,maybe.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Dude WTF I see your here posting I know you seen this nothing? Im not one that said you were full of it although I don't believe GM will revisit this problem. Have the decency to respond. Please

Kspen90

<<<got turbos?
Jul 14, 2011
Burleson, Tx
Ok i was on his side til now, he's been misinformed or hes a flat out liar. Either way its kinda chicken shit not to respond to you when youve asked nicely several times