New duramax rods iv been working on

CaptPhil

Sep 10, 2011
Delaware
Still no pics of his rods in the short block, no dino sheat, no quarter mile pass, and still no name for this guy. . . We are waiting mate! What's your Damn name? And where's the pics?
Are they his rods though? or are they hurricanes?

I'm still waiting to hear about the Manleys and Carrillos he's broken, since page one.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Rods

Just for the record I just sent money for another set of rods from a member on here that I have not met before. I'm not sending money overseas for a product that may or may not exist. Its a losing deal for me and nothing to gain really. Ferm don't like me because I treat Greg like the snake he is.

battlegraduate09

Gearhead
Mar 18, 2010
Yes there are Chinese manufacturers that make a quality product, but how do you tell the difference? Unless the company is ISO certified or does some form of APQP or PPAP process control, you won't know until you test it. I've spent a lot of time reworking Chinese parts. They looked OK but failed dimensional checks. While re-machining we discovered there were nails, screws, and all sorts of misc. garbage that didn't melt all the way in the casting. Do you want that possibility in YOUR 20K engine? That's all anybody is asking for here is some real world unbiased R&D before they take that gamble.

I agree with this completely. Just yesterday i got a shipment of rods in for testing from a chinese facility at work where I build all of our long blocks and we do R&D on all of the products sent to us. They were supposed to be all forged. There were 4 cast rods thrown in the box, 2 of them missing rod cap nuts. One of the forged rods had over 1.5 thou of twist measured right out of the box.

As for the comments about him breaking a carillo rod, I am very skeptical of that but one thing i have learned in my job is that there are ZERO "perfect" companies. When we buy and test in large quantities the chances of finding one weak rod, or one bad casting, one warped head, inconsistent cam grinds ect... are a lot greater. And Id prefer not to say company names but i have found some pretty shotty stuff right out of the box while checking the parts, and have had critical componets come apart or just shatter on the dyno from quality companies that checked out on the bench, but wasnt up to par for taking the heat and beating on the engine dyno. I will say i have never had an issue with carillo but there have been some from top companies most wouldnt expect.

Basically, i rambled on about that to say that if the OP actually broke any big name rod below 1000hp there is a chance that he got one of those flukes or less than stellar parts from a big name company right out of the box. Highly unlikely but possible. And personally, i believe Jeff went about this the right way. I wish we could have seen some results, good bad or indifferent but at least nobody on here is personally out money or potentially an engine

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Just for the record I just sent money for another set of rods from a member on here that I have not met before. I'm not sending money overseas for a product that may or may not exist. Its a losing deal for me and nothing to gain really. Ferm don't like me because I treat Greg like the snake he is.

I could care less about you, just felt the way you treated him was childish and a bad example for this community. So if you think I don't like you, whatever man. All I pointed out here was this guy has NO idea who you are, so I could expect him to be gunshy of just shipping something out to you.

motoking_1990

May 9, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
I really hope you guys are talking about hogue and not me!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Wait he is childish for making an offer? Lol he the only one with balls to make offer even. Well I guess some kids have big balls....

Jeff isn't working on behalf of the community he is working on behalf of his business.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Wait he is childish for making an offer? Lol he the only one with balls to make offer even. Well I guess some kids have big balls....

Jeff isn't working on behalf of the community he is working on behalf of his business.
He's talking about the hogue thing not this

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL

The going around and changing all of Gregs posts to pure dribble was quite childish, and even below yb standards imho. I think his offer to test the rods was stand up and a help to the community, I was just trying to point out that the person selling the rods doesn't know him from Adam, and ALL he has to go on is his reputation on one message board from a handfull of members that chimed in. So as an objectioneable observer, I could understand him being hesitant to just ship a set out half way around the world to somebody he doesn't know based off of one message board with a handfull of people saying he's legit.

I actually have no problems with stingpuller other than how he took out a PERSONNAL problem with somebody, and abused his privalage as a moderator to alter Gregs posts. If you don't like somebody, fine, speak your peace and move on. I'm a mod on a much smaller site, but if I had done what he had, I would expect to be booted from the site.

As to the rods, if you go back and read all that I posted, you will see I said to give him a chance, but to also be leary as not everything he posted seemed up and up. This guy pootrol is doing business how he see's fit, and just because you don't agree with how he does it, does NOT mean he's a troll or a scam artist. It just means it's how he chooses to do business. If you don't like it, move on. With that being said though, just based off of his pics posted here, I would be very hesitant to spend my money on them.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
The going around and changing all of Gregs posts to pure dribble was quite childish, and even below yb standards imho. I think his offer to test the rods was stand up and a help to the community, I was just trying to point out that the person selling the rods doesn't know him from Adam, and ALL he has to go on is his reputation on one message board from a handfull of members that chimed in. So as an objectioneable observer, I could understand him being hesitant to just ship a set out half way around the world to somebody he doesn't know based off of one message board with a handfull of people saying he's legit.

I actually have no problems with stingpuller other than how he took out a PERSONNAL problem with somebody, and abused his privalage as a moderator to alter Gregs posts. If you don't like somebody, fine, speak your peace and move on. I'm a mod on a much smaller site, but if I had done what he had, I would expect to be booted from the site.

As to the rods, if you go back and read all that I posted, you will see I said to give him a chance, but to also be leary as not everything he posted seemed up and up. This guy pootrol is doing business how he see's fit, and just because you don't agree with how he does it, does NOT mean he's a troll or a scam artist. It just means it's how he chooses to do business. If you don't like it, move on. With that being said though, just based off of his pics posted here, I would be very hesitant to spend my money on them.

But it's ok for us to send money to someone around the world we know even less about with no reputation? All many of these people were trying to do was gather more info and/or protect others from losing money cuz they can see that how he is choosing to do business is EXACTLY how a troll or scammer does business. No name, no company, etc....send me money and I'll send you this unproven great product!! Hope it works out for Jeff and the other party involved.

As far as Hogue goes he's a turd that just keeps circling the bowl. Same self centered song and dance that has gone on for years. Maybe Jeff over-stepped his bounds in some's eyes, but the guy couldn't take the hint. Either way he's a memory now.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
But it's ok for us to send money to someone around the world we know even less about with no reputation? All many of these people were trying to do was gather more info and/or protect others from losing money cuz they can see that how he is choosing to do business is EXACTLY how a troll or scammer does business. No name, no company, etc....send me money and I'll send you this unproven great product!! Hope it works out for Jeff and the other party involved.

As far as Hogue goes he's a turd that just keeps circling the bowl. Same self centered song and dance that has gone on for years. Maybe Jeff over-stepped his bounds in some's eyes, but the guy couldn't take the hint. Either way he's a memory now.

My point was buyer beware, but give the guy a chance. Look back through this thread, and within 24 hours he has people calling him all kinds of things in the book. In all honesty it looks like he was a scammer, but on the other hand I remember on one of my boat forums I frequent an Aussie showed up, and he acted just like this guy does. He ended up being a straight up guy, but just did things differently than most were accustomed to doing them. We will never know it looks like with these rods. I was just trying to be objectionable. And as to Hogue, I can't blame him with the way he was treated here. He came off as arrogant, but didn't deny it. And the line was crossed, burned, however you wanted to put it with him IMO, but then again, I know my opinion doesn't matter, it's ya'lls playgorund, I'm just here for the ride.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
What happens if sting actually recieves them rods?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Then he will get to keep them, and the commission of $1M USD for both receiving them and the help in processing the $75M USD check from Prince Abdullah - great guy, leader of people, but needs some help converting funds from his Nigerian bank account. They are cousins.

I trust that you did send your bank account and routing number, along with DOB, SSN, DL#, general description, mother's maiden name, street you grew up on, first dog's name, favorite teacher, and penis circumference?

:roflmao:

NRA223

May 20, 2015
Then he will get to keep them, and the commission of $1M USD for both receiving them and the help in processing the $75M USD check from Prince Abdullah - great guy, leader of people, but needs some help converting funds from his Nigerian bank account. They are cousins.

I trust that you did send your bank account and routing number, along with DOB, SSN, DL#, general description, mother's maiden name, street you grew up on, first dog's name, favorite teacher, and penis circumference?

:roflmao:

:rofl: