New duramax rods iv been working on

CarolinaHD

Feb 8, 2011
NC
Can no one put 2 and 2 together? This guy was just trying to make a few thousand $$ by selling folks the rods at a discount price then disappear. I thought this was painfully obvious at page one but I guess some people were trying to stay positive?:confused:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Darn. I was kind of hoping it would work out.
Oh well, on to the next Chinese connecting rod company....Molnar?

Pootrol

Aug 24, 2015
hey bud its not a scam i dont get it you want me to send these rods to the other side of the world i thought hey 50% now the rest appon arrival was pretty reasonable. how about a little give both ways i dont know how you guys in the states do business but thats pretty logical where i come from and pretty bloody fair.

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
So you want some big names to "Test" your product at full price before they even know if they are any good? You gonna cover engine damage cost if they don't hold up?

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
hey bud its not a scam i dont get it you want me to send these rods to the other side of the world i thought hey 50% now the rest appon arrival was pretty reasonable. how about a little give both ways i dont know how you guys in the states do business but thats pretty logical where i come from and pretty bloody fair.
Why? Jeff has nothing to prove, is well known, and a stand-up reputable guy. He's willing to do YOU a favour, and possibly the rest of us if it works out.

You on the other hand supposedly live on the other side of the planet, I don't think you have even posted your real name or a company name anywhere here yet, nobody knows you, your rods appear to be a bit questionable based on other sources on the Web showing identical products from the same factory even, and we have been down this road in the Duramax world before and it ended badly.

If you think you will get guys to go on and buy these on a whim, with no independent testing done, and from someone nobody has ever heard of till a few days back your dreaming. You might dupe a few fools, but likely not anyone round here.

My suggestion is take Jeff up on his offer or one of the other diesel shops here that offered to test them out, or piss off before you get punted for being a troll.

frankenstien

May 25, 2015
Fairbanks,Alaska

I have just been watching this thread since it started, I am not close to most of the other guys when it comes to big power and building these engines, but a more affordable rod would be nice to someone like me who is planning on being just under the motors "limit" power wise.

but seriously, its kind of insane to me that you would ask for payment to test out your product. he is willing to put them in his motor and beat on them, running the risk of one of them breaking and destroying, the block, heads, etc...

in stuff i'm a little more up to speed with(firearms) if a company wants a product tested and reviewed, they send the person one free and clear.

IMO if you really believe your rods are just as good as the more common used ones, then you should have no problem throwing a set in a box and mailing them off no charge. then, at least if the rods are junk, he isnt out X amount for the rods.

JMHO

motoking_1990

May 9, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
I am very well known in this forum. I am the "guy" who tells it like it is! I will pay for them after I have run the motor for a few thousand miles. You can have a contract that I will sign before you send anything. I can have this motor running in a month and it will make plenty of power I assure you. I will pay shipping or whatever you to get this rolling.

These few sentences here clearly tell you what was proposed. He's willing to put his high hp 20k us dollar engine on the line to test these rods. Then on top of that if they do hold up he will pay you for them! That's not even your biggest gain. If Stingpuller gets back on here and tells people these do what you say they will, you will not be able to produce rods fast enough to keep any in stock.

As the saying goes for any business or entrepreneur you gotta spend money to make money! As much time and money as you have spent to get this far whats this little more for such a big gain. This small risk for you will pay for the test rods hundred fold.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
Jeff, you're crazy! I wouldnt run these rods in Hogues motor! Lol

Even if these rods hold up, Id still spend the extra coin on the Carrillos.

"Good goods are never cheap, and cheap goods are never good"

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
Jeff, you're crazy! I wouldnt run these rods in Hogues motor! Lol

Even if these rods hold up, Id still spend the extra coin on the Carrillos.

"Good goods are never cheap, and cheap goods are never good"

Normally, I'd agree with you.... but here's the thing with regards to this topic.

You can go to Summit and order a set of Howards rods (4340 I-Beam) for a Big Block Chevy for $959. Manley rods are similar (actually cheaper than Howards in most cases it seems). Why in the world do Duramax rods cost 3x as much? There can't be THAT much more material. So the most logical answer is supply & demand (Greed, IMO) - the market for Duramax Performance probably isn't as big as the market for Big Blocks, so they jack the price up.

So if you were to assume that the Duramax rods from the big manufacturers cost them roughly the same to make as the gasser counterparts, but the reason they cost the retailers and consumers 3x as much is that they jack the price up due to supply & demand, then it's not totally outside the realm of possibility that someone could come along and make something equally as good at a cheaper price.

Maybe I'm talking nonsense, but I have a really hard time believing that a set of rods for a Duramax truly costs THAT much more for the manufacturer to make than a set of rods for a 454.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Personnally I can't believe ANYBODY would have the nerve to ask for something for free. His stuff may well be the chinese rods that he had more work done to, but they may not, you take a gamble trying out anything new. This guy is on the other side of the world, and has no clue who anybody here is other than they are in the click here. If he was willing to do it for half up front, that sounds pretty dam fair to me. But hey, sit back and call him a troll because he has no idea who he is sending the stuff to, and ZERO knowledge of who they are, and if they are legit(other than some guys on an internet forum saying he is legit). He has no clue who stingpuller is other than what he sees on an internet forum. He can't just go over and meet him, and work out the details. HE is taking a HUGE leap of faith here in trusting somebody who he cannot vet accept through an internet message board. And since he cannot vet them, he offers a half up front deal, and is called out as being a scam artist by the very person who is asking for his stuff for free, that he can't vet to know if he is going to get his money back if his product checks out to said persons approval.