New Custom Crossmember for Alli

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
that thing is sweet looking, here is what my stock one looked like lol...

DSCF2834.jpg

DSCF2833.jpg

DSCF2831.jpg

and my new one, your's is much much nicer though :D
IMG_0695.jpg

the4wheeler

--->(Something Funny)<---
May 4, 2008
Ventura County SoCal
well if some one has to ask i think i will ......

do us ZF boys and girls have the same crossmember as the allison? meaning with this bolt up to the ZF?

looks like it will be a nice piece defenetly a must for the CC/LB trucks who off road.

will it clear a 5" peice of exhaust pipe running between the crossmember and cab?

Last edited:

Utahski

Oct 20, 2008
Northern Utah
Uh Mike......your signature....."If you can't fix it with a hammer you have an electrical problem". That's not quite true. A hammer will fix anything. Over many years a hammer worked real good on......a couple wristwatches, a travel alarm, a radio, a satellite receiver, motorcycle gas tank, an old riflescope, an old surfboard, a motorcycle carburetor, a couple electric power tools, and other stuff you'd never think and I can't remember. After each fix I worked better than before. Hammer is a good tool.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Uh Mike......your signature....."If you can't fix it with a hammer you have an electrical problem". That's not quite true. A hammer will fix anything. Over many years a hammer worked real good on......a couple wristwatches, a travel alarm, a radio, a satellite receiver, motorcycle gas tank, an old riflescope, an old surfboard, a motorcycle carburetor, a couple electric power tools, and other stuff you'd never think and I can't remember. After each fix I worked better than before. Hammer is a good tool.

Dave
You are a wild man.:rofl::D I love it.

smith6.6

Aug 14, 2006
waukesha Wi
I don't get why you would bother with it not many have any issue with them and ground clearance shouldn't matter because you will hit the torsion bar crossmember. seems like a waste of money but people need to have it because it's new just my .02

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
I don't get why you would bother with it not many have any issue with them and ground clearance shouldn't matter because you will hit the torsion bar crossmember. seems like a waste of money but people need to have it because it's new just my .02

Have you ever been under your Dmax?

Just curious.

Mine hits the crossmember hard, it's the lowest point on the truck.

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Have you ever been under your Dmax?

Just curious.

Mine hits the crossmember hard, it's the lowest point on the truck.

ya it hangs down a good 2" under the fraim rails, i wont lie i want it for cosmetic and i plan on going lower soon . but if your off road at all it would have value as well.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand

What?

LBZrcks

Jun 2, 2007
SoCal

How are you gonna hit the torsion bar crossmember on a non lifted truck if it is above the bottom of the fram rail?:confused:

Are you thinking about lifted trucks that have the crossmember dropped?

LBZrcks

Jun 2, 2007
SoCal
I can roll on a creeper under mine just fine, 4wheel drive truck shouldn't sit that low unless it doesn't leave the road

Not necessarily, that maybe you opinion, but to others having there 4WD or 2WD low has its advantages not just for cosmetic appearance

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I can roll on a creeper under mine just fine, 4wheel drive truck shouldn't sit that low unless it doesn't leave the road

You are a moron. You must also be a skinny twit to roll under the crossmember. You sound like you are from Compton. Please post a signature so we can see what you have. We can then pick that apart and shor you how stupid you are.

smith6.6

Aug 14, 2006
waukesha Wi
I'm 250 so I'm not a skinny twit and for my truck there's plenty done to it you must want to rip people off on buying something that isn't needed unless the truck is slammed maybe.

And for what I said about hitting the torsion bar crossmember, if you put this new one in it may sit higher up so your chances will be higher on hitting it. I would rather rub the trans crossmember than take a chance of the torsion bar crossmember getting hit

LBZrcks

Jun 2, 2007
SoCal
I'm 250 so I'm not a skinny twit and for my truck there's plenty done to it you must want to rip people off on buying something that isn't needed unless the truck is slammed maybe.

And for what I said about hitting the torsion bar crossmember, if you put this new one in it may sit higher up so your chances will be higher on hitting it. I would rather rub the trans crossmember than take a chance of the torsion bar crossmember getting hit

Is your truck stock height?

Once again how would you hit the torsion bar cross member if it is tucked up in between the frame rails?

smith6.6

Aug 14, 2006
waukesha Wi
Is your truck stock height?

Once again how would you hit the torsion bar cross member if it is tucked up in between the frame rails?

If the new crossmember sits above the fram rail your chances are higher of hitting the torsion bar crossmember, my truck sits up a little it has cognito leveling kit, add a leaf in rear and 305/65/18 there just under 35''

LBZrcks

Jun 2, 2007
SoCal
If the new crossmember sits above the fram rail your chances are higher of hitting the torsion bar crossmember, my truck sits up a little it has cognito leveling kit, add a leaf in rear and 305/65/18 there just under 35''

That makes it a whole lot easier to get under;)

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Hey Smith6.6, go to post 41 and look at the third pic down. I have seen SEVERAL lifted Dmax's that had crossmembers that looked like this. A gravel road doesn't really count as off road either.

Simon, post a couple pics of some of the leases you have been on, maybe this guy will understand why so many people are excited about it.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA

Sorry you think I am ripping people off. I have never done that in my life.