My RCLB (SB eventually) build thread

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
Oh it pays for sure, but we are already is full swing of landscaping. Got rock walls and patios goin to be started. Snow would be goin backwards. All this rain is bad enough.

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
Always wondered if u drove the cc in the winter. I go thru the cities couple times a winter, always lookin for your truck just in case. Shouldn't be hard to spot it. Lol

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
Oh it pays for sure, but we are already is full swing of landscaping. Got rock walls and patios goin to be started. Snow would be goin backwards. All this rain is bad enough.

Oh I here ya. I've got 20,000 and counting sq ft of boulder walls to install already, two house demo's and a bunch of smaller jobs to do as well. The weather can turn any time now.

It's starting to get me down lol.

Oh I here ya. I've got 20,000 and counting sq ft of boulder walls to install already, two house demo's and a bunch of smaller jobs to do as well. The weather can turn any time now.

It's starting to get me down lol.

Always wondered if u drove the cc in the winter. I go thru the cities couple times a winter, always lookin for your truck just in case. Shouldn't be hard to spot it. Lol

It was parked in the shop since November and I just got it out again. They don't put salt down this late out where I drive it so I'm not too worried about it. She will get a thorough cleaning/ detail soon. I work all over the twin cities so you might see me cruising home or to a job. Probably going to drive the regular cab a lot more when its done to keep the Crew nice as possible.

This regular cab will be my winter truck once its done. I did a bunch of rust prevention on the insides of the doors and sealed all of the pinch welds/folds, etc before it was painted. And with the QS bed fenders being fiberglass it will be pretty tough for those to rust.

Last edited:

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
azepaqa5.jpg

gu2yqune.jpg

ugysu2e2.jpg

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
Finished sanding the mirrors

brought the bed in and doing some work on it.

Spot sanding before wet sanding

Getting rid of these

went over it with 1500

Wet sanded with 2000 and ready to buff

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Q-steer bed, too? Damnit man, now I really hate you...

Truck is looking great. Keep up the good work! :thumb:

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
Q-steer bed, too? Damnit man, now I really hate you...

Truck is looking great. Keep up the good work! :thumb:

Thank you!

Yeah when I was looking for beds this one came up.... the bed sides are plastic so they won't rust through. :thumb: Also I paid 700 bucks for the bed and he delivered it to me from Duluth (about 3 hours) Couldn't find a better deal.

There was a bunch of rust prevention on this truck done before it was painted... bottom of the doors, along the hood, etc since I will be driving it in the winter. Did some rock guard on the rockers and a couple other little things.

I have another set of BMF 22x10.5 chrome Rehabs (same as on my Crew) but I really like the Gear Alloy 726's with 33x12.5 Toyos for this truck. May
try to sell the BMF's to get the Gear Alloys so I don't have the same wheels on both trucks. Only thing is the 726's are on backorder now.

These are the 726's and 33x12.5 Toyos I would like to run eventually:

20130325_172807.jpg

20130405_175440.jpg

Last edited:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
My thoughts were about running wider rear tires that would still looked "tucked under" those q-steer fenders.

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
My thoughts were about running wider rear tires that would still looked "tucked under" those q-steer fenders.

I gotcha.... they would tuck in great!

In the winter with stock wheels the truck will stay a ton cleaner too.

Until I put spacers on :rofl:

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
What you want for your 22s?

Send me an offer... they are brand new still in the BMF boxes.

All colorsanded and buffed:

eby3a9e3.jpg

All shaved:

Back glass in

Front glass in

Outside, doesn't look too Pearly... which is what I wanted.

Ready for paint

New crossmember blasted and ready for some paint

Before clear

Done.

And we're supposed to get another 3-10 inches of snow. This is unbelievable.

Mother nature - If you're trying to show off I'm not impressed.

If all goes well the bed will be on tomorrow after I color-sand it and it gets buffed out.

Last edited:

408.Luke

Joined the DARKSIDE
Sep 19, 2009
Houston
wow that paint looks good. Id love to paint my mirrors like that, but looks like a ton of work! keep up the good work, might get done in time to plow some snow!:thumb:

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
Well we've got about 6" so far so I went to the shop and put my handles and mirrors together since I'll need to get up soo to plow anyways.

:mad:

No flash:

Flash:

I didn't push the mirrors all the way in because the paint is still not fully cured.

Last edited: