My RCLB (SB eventually) build thread

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
There are some pictures in this thread: duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43129

It belongs to a friend of my dad who owns a body shop. His son is a member here and goes by chambersj.

oh yeah....the guy with the lowered dually. Thanks.

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
Making some headway this week

u6eqabyj.jpg

a6asuta3.jpg

e9emyrag.jpg

Got a bunch more done today. Truck fired first try without any issues, didn't even turn over extra times. Was actually a little surprised. Didn't even have to prime the fuel system after putting the short box tank on. Going to try to do the body work on the back of the cab so I can get the box on.

ugapadaq.jpg

setybadu.jpg

e5a8u7u3.jpg

Cutting the hood in tomorrow and starting body work. Still trying to find a driver's side door with an LT/SLT interior panel and power windows to match the passenger side. Craigslist has been pretty lame lately.

Scrubbed out the cowl... it was full of crap. Also bleached the interior because it had a funky smell.

20130410_113937_zps116998d8.jpg

20130410_113952_zpsb4a9c932.jpg

20130410_172609_zps171e79d8.jpg

20130410_172648_zpsc6002183.jpg

20130410_172654_zpsf18a6659.jpg

end of day

20130410_172708_zps0c13b1a7.jpg

I found some 243 rounds under the windshield when we took it out. And a whole box of empty 22 shells by now.

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
Started popping dents and finished up the HD hood. My Girlfriend's awesome Dad is going to do all the mud work tomorrow. I'm going to watch and see if I can't learn a few things.

My new door cards

Proof that she runs

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
They look so tall when you shorten them. Mine still looks like a 4x4 after I lowered it 3 inches. Mines a riot to drive

Deerwashed

Dec 10, 2010
so you installing heated seats too? I am looking to replace my gray cloth interior, with power windows, locks, mirrors, and manual seats, with a tan interior with power heated seats and am curious as to how hard the job is gonna be....

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
so you installing heated seats too? I am looking to replace my gray cloth interior, with power windows, locks, mirrors, and manual seats, with a tan interior with power heated seats and am curious as to how hard the job is gonna be....

Not easy by any means... you really need an SLT/LT interior to do a complete swap including the harnesses. Which is what I think I'm going to end up doing

Deerwashed

Dec 10, 2010
yeah, i am thinking of doing the same. i am just trying to find the right donor truck. Do the 1500 interiors match up with the 2500?

408.Luke

Joined the DARKSIDE
Sep 19, 2009
Houston
Not easy by any means... you really need an SLT/LT interior to do a complete swap including the harnesses. Which is what I think I'm going to end up doing

Its really easy with the harness, I swapped the interiors between my Silvy SS and my regular cab, it already had power windows/locks which would have been the hardest part. On the harness i just cut just past the front seats on the SS and spliced it in that way in the regular cab. The BCM does have to be re-flashed to take care of airbag/ seatbelt notifications. The Heaters, I just bought new controls off ebay and cut the holes in the doors myself and they plug and play (even without bcm flash)

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
Its really easy with the harness, I swapped the interiors between my Silvy SS and my regular cab, it already had power windows/locks which would have been the hardest part. On the harness i just cut just past the front seats on the SS and spliced it in that way in the regular cab. The BCM does have to be re-flashed to take care of airbag/ seatbelt notifications. The Heaters, I just bought new controls off ebay and cut the holes in the doors myself and they plug and play (even without bcm flash)

I have SLT door cards.

I found a totalled 2003 GMC Sierra Duramax.... I would just need the BCM, and interior wiring harness? I have new doors that came off a SLT trucks so the guts are already correct. I was going to just run relays but that sounds easier and I like OEM harnesses.

Here's the ad. I already called about the seats and console. They were gone before they even did inventory.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ank/ptd/3739757935.html

Started primer today

Trucks are same side x side at front wheel