My RCLB (SB eventually) build thread

JakeBrakeIH

Dec 24, 2010
Yaphank, NY

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
I got a set of SONAR projectors from a site called www.ilovebodykits.com that I ran in my 06 GMC 1500hd and I ran DDM tuning digital hid's in them for three years and they were solid. No bounce and I know guys think that those projectors are not so great but I thought they looked awesome and the intensity and cut off were top notch, my 2011 golf tdi and my wife's BMW don't seem like they are much, if any better, :2cents:

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
I always pull the stock "projectors" out and retrofit them with mini morimoto projectors from the retrofitsource.com with adapter plates a member on GMFULLSIZE sells. Takes about an hour total to do it.

bigmackmiller

Nov 30, 2008
Kokomo, IN
You wouldn't believe how good it is, no hotspots anymore after. I'll do some comparison pictures when I do this set

Dang it you keep costing me more money on lights! Since I started reading your build threads I've got led- interior, reverse brake lights and hids next was the front turns/drl guess I'm gonna have to tac on another light mod (not complaining though they do look good)

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
Got to work on the truck a little bit today. Put the Bilstein 5100's up front, the MAF came in that I lost. I dug out the exhaust so it can get welded up. Put the interior back in for now until I find seats and a couple other little things

It's getting there

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I still think you should have sold that Quadrasteer bed to me....:rofl:

Looks good! :thumb: Still need to space the bumper up and paint the black piece?

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
I still think you should have sold that Quadrasteer bed to me....:rofl:

Looks good! :thumb: Still need to space the bumper up and paint the black piece?

I might get a fleetside bed if I'm not happy with the wheels and tires once they are on. So it may be for sale.

Getting rid of the spacer, thats why I didn't bother to paint it. Whole thing will come up 2.5"

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
I was ylgonna say... decided not to raise the bumper?

I'm not knocking it at all, b/c everyone knows your trucks are top notch, but I'm affraid that quadrasteer bed is going to hafta grow on me. Prolly feel better about it w/ some wheels n tires hangin out there.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Some big meats out back will make that bed look right.

I kinda figured you werent finished with the bumper/grill, but had to give you grief anyhow. I love your work. Always TopNotch! :thumb:

Nov 4, 2012
Harrisonville Mo
I was wondering if their is a post showing how to cut the plastic pice out of the front bumper and raise it up I have painter that pice white to match my truck but I think I would like it better with it gone