My RCLB (SB eventually) build thread

408.Luke

Joined the DARKSIDE
Sep 19, 2009
Houston
I have SLT door cards.

I found a totalled 2003 GMC Sierra Duramax.... I would just need the BCM, and interior wiring harness? I have new doors that came off a SLT trucks so the guts are already correct. I was going to just run relays but that sounds easier and I like OEM harnesses.

Here's the ad. I already called about the seats and console. They were gone before they even did inventory.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ank/ptd/3739757935.html

Started primer today

The BCM can be reprogrammed using a tech II, if you don't know anyone with one it might not be a bad idea to grab that one. The harness, I just replaced the one that plugs in under the dash (kinda behind the fuse box and above the emergency brake) and it runs along the drivers side to the drivers seat (grab the module there as well), it y's off one way to the passenger seat, the other continuing straight back to the speakers and rear defogger. You may need the door harness as well if you didn't have power windows/locks before.

The only real problem on my swap is my duramax has the passenger seatbelt switch where the SS passenger seat is weight activated, so now my seatbelt light stays on since I haven't reprogrammed the BCM, I'm hoping when I do that it will no longer use the switch. I just won't have the indicator on the mirror that tells me if its on or off.

408.Luke

Joined the DARKSIDE
Sep 19, 2009
Houston
You can see the harness in the channel running along the door, I left the stock one from about 3" past the Y back and wired the new one into it there. The hump under the drivers seat is the module. There's also 2 airbag plugs, one at the front of each door.

IMG_0447_zps0db79538.jpg

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
Thanks!

The red is too much for me, going with something more subtle. I'm going summit white base coat and 3 coats of pearl but its a 10% pearl 90% clear mix. You can't tell its a pearl until you get up close then it pops in the sun.

It's nothing near Diamond white. I hate that dirty color.

Flash is on 2 coats here:

uvy6u5a9.jpg

Flash is on 3 coats here:

a9agusyj.jpg

The bottom with the 3 holes is just summit white.

Also this is a finer pearl but I like the coarser one a lot more. Just to show the difference. We did a couple sample panels.

8y8u3e9u.jpg

Mirrors sanded

etching primer on the metal

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
Looks great :thumb: What did you spray on the frame? Por 15?

The frame started with an epoxy single stage, then an enamel was sprayed over it so that I can touch it up if I need to.

Very nice.

Thank you!

We got the doors, fenders and hood back on and aligned today. I may have to go plowing though at about 4-5am because we have 5-6" of snow on the ground already. It's crazy being April 18th.

Got my new trans crossmember today. I need to blast that and paint it up nice.

primed the mirror plastics today and they are like glass.

My CC in the snow :(

Plastic adhesion promoter

Another shot of the paint

Last edited:

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
Man is this thing goin to look unreal when its done. Wow

And 5-6in of snow? Wow that does suck. I also do snow removal and most our stuff is gettin cleaned and sprayed for storage. Couldn't imagine havin 6in. I turkey hunt next week. That woukd suck. Lol

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
Man is this thing goin to look unreal when its done. Wow

And 5-6in of snow? Wow that does suck. I also do snow removal and most our stuff is gettin cleaned and sprayed for storage. Couldn't imagine havin 6in. I turkey hunt next week. That woukd suck. Lol

Yeah it sucks but it also pays :D

We have jobs all over the Twin Cities area that start once the weather comes around....and our bobcats are 5 minutes from those jobs sitting with the plows on them still at our plowing contracts. It actually worked out well and we got pretty lucky with how they are staged.