My new LBZ “build

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
My new LBZ “build” thread

I’ll bet they are aftermarket. Replace them with GM ones and I almost guarantee it will be fixed.

ABS issue sounds like classic wheel bearing failure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Pull an easy GP out and see what they are. Your just getting bad GP codes no other codes?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
It's a simple resistance test to see if the GPs are bad. After you remove the terminal just test the resistance from the where the terminal connected to the block. I don't recall the maximum, but if they are bad they read like 70+.

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
It's a simple resistance test to see if the GPs are bad. After you remove the terminal just test the resistance from the where the terminal connected to the block. I don't recall the maximum, but if they are bad they read like 70+.

Thanks man. I’ll check tomorrow. Hopefully gonna get that worked out and get some of the chrome off.

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
Well. Pretty sure all the glow plugs are bad. They’re all bouncing around like crazy. Off to get 8 new ones. My wheel bearings didn’t have any play. Ball joints are good. Needs tie rods bad.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
The the GPs should give a fairly stable reading make sure your probes have a good connection.

What brand are the glow plugs? Maybe somebody at the dealer forgot to change them. Its pretty rare for a dealer glow plug to be bad if it was replaced especially eight of them. If you don’t need them ASAP you can usually find them online for 16 bucks apiece for Beru which are factory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
The the GPs should give a fairly stable reading make sure your probes have a good connection.

What brand are the glow plugs? Maybe somebody at the dealer forgot to change them. Its pretty rare for a dealer glow plug to be bad if it was replaced especially eight of them. If you don’t need them ASAP you can usually find them online for 16 bucks apiece for Beru which are factory.

It was a used car dealer. They had been changed but definitely not GM ones. Look like ebay specials (no writing on them) Got 8 AC delco from Autozone for $17.99 a piece and had a coupon.

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
c1bd0eac67565d7c65bc72451b73fb6e.jpg

Bout halfway there. Still need the badge and molding off. And haven’t touched the other side except flares. Anyone want some white 03-07 flares? Shoot me an offer.

Hambone

Always learning
Jan 24, 2016
Florida
Zach did your package arrive yet?
And btw what’s the best way to buff out the fading from the 4x4 sticker
I can still see them on my truck in the right light/angle and it drives me nuts!!!
My truck is Maroon though so that doesn’t help

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
CarolinaHD I really want to sell them as a set. I don’t know what they’re worth yet. If I don’t sell them as a set I’ll be stuck with two back to find someone to want.

Hambone I’m not sure. Novak is pretty great at the detailing game. I’m gonna use an eraser wheel on mine. And monitbhasnt arrived. Probably will early in the week.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Zach did your package arrive yet?
And btw what’s the best way to buff out the fading from the 4x4 sticker
I can still see them on my truck in the right light/angle and it drives me nuts!!!
My truck is Maroon though so that doesn’t help

Have you tried to buff it? Your probably out of luck if you have. The paint is what fades on Maroon just like Red paint.

Last edited:

Columbus450

Aug 24, 2017
Louisiana
Looking good looking good it's coming along, what size KTM I just got done rebuilding a KTM 525 super Moto