Modied 4094

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
Have a picture of the back of it?...

Not on me, but I know the guy that designed them so I'll see if I can get one.

This brings up a good point. KTS isn't a "design" business, they're a manufacturing business that has 5 axis machines(if I remember right) that builds/manufactures wheels for other business that don't have the capable machines. They don't have the wheel design knowledge Borg Warner, Garrett, etc. has.

If you're wanting to come up with your own compressor wheel design and don't want/have the money to spend or equipment, you can call them up and they'll make you a wheel to your spec's. You can then run/test the wheel they made, have them make changes and try it again. I know people/businesses that have/do this.

Yellowchevy

gamudslinger88

Aug 26, 2011
Bad news fellas. The post office for whatever reason decided they will not bring me my trans harness until next week. So it's looking like next frigging weekend before she sees the street......

gamudslinger88

Aug 26, 2011
I guess it was sent parcel post because the expected delivery date was today and when you check tracking now it shows Tuesday as expected date. I can't remember the code exactly but it was a no communication with solenoid C. That's the same thing I got last time when I broke the harness (I was in a bind for time so I soldered the wire back to the pin) connector to solenoid C. I'll pull the valve body, clean and cycle the valve incase something possibly got in there. I replaced the lines to bigger lines so no telling.

gamudslinger88

Aug 26, 2011
Thanks to Evan its on the road yesterday evening so I'll update with what I have so far. Keep in mind it's in break in so I can't romp on it any yet. So far I have noticed drivability is great at little to 1/4 throttle. Drives and responds like the stocker. EGTs are considerably lower than the stocker, I am running ppe manifolds and up pipes but I believe the P&P and hx40 dp helped. I'm seeing 250 to 275 at idle compared to 325-375, cruising is 575-650 compared to 700-850. I lugged it on an incline and it hit 1050 and stopped climbing while the stocker was hitting 1350 all the way to 1400 on the same hill. Now my tunes are on the conservative side but even when in modified stock setting the egt were higher.

Now the sound is awesome, it sounds like a jet engine lol. So far I'm impressed. Hopefully soon I'll have some hard numbers.

gamudslinger88

Aug 26, 2011
Russell sends instructions saying to drive normal for 200 miles. Idk if a ball bearing turbo is different or something.