Mod to turbo intake horn

diamondshocks

crash skippy racing
Feb 15, 2009
Fargo, NS
www.diamondshocks.com
You did a good job. Looks good. I'm also glad to hear it's doing some good as well. Not many reports out yet.

thanks and thanks for your help. yep it make alot of difference. ill have to see how it does towing tomorrow. i got a sled race (i race snowmobiles) and will put the race trailer up there and let you know how it performs. how it starts spooling faster going up hills, i sure it will

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Received my package today. Thank you Mike.

diamondshocks..how did you polish the inside of the inlet? Hone of some kind?

super diesel

<<<< Under Pressure
Oh forgot to say. The bottom bolt is a BI*CH to get out. Use a 3/8" drive wratchet with some extentions and a universal or a wobble head. I went in between the wire loom and the coolant cross over tube to get a good shot at it. If anyone else has some suggestions or finds and easier way, please post it up.

2500HeavyDuty

Book 'em, Danno!
Feb 14, 2008
Katy, Tx
www.myspace.com
getting them out isnt hard at all, is putting them back on :mad:

Heres some pics i took when i took my horn off a while back. took off the ac compressor and then slid in a flex extension and 10mm socket bewteen the wiring harness and the fuel junction block to get the bottom one out. then i used a magnet on a stick to pull the loose bolt out before it fell into the valley.

The top right is pretty easy to get, the one on the top left is a big harder, i used a ratchet wrench with a flex head and kept one finger on the closed end of the wrench to help bacl out the bolt. you can use a regular wrench too, i didn't have to move the hoses out the way, but it does help out alot if you do.

putting them back on is kinda tricky, the bottom gets kinda hard when its almost completely in, using a offset wrench to get the bottom one works well the last few turns.

Heres some pics: http://s219.photobucket.com/albums/cc9/2500heavyduty/DIY/FPRV Plug/

WanaDmaxsub

Junior Member W/gray hair
Feb 17, 2007
Anyone done this on an EGR equiped truck? The bottom bolt is a piece of cake compared to the bolt on the passenger side...I can't even get the 1/4" extension to the bolt (with out the socket)...

Also the parts manual for my truck does show a gasket betwen the horn and the turbo.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Intake horn.JPG
    Intake horn.JPG
    182.9 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:

2500HeavyDuty

Book 'em, Danno!
Feb 14, 2008
Katy, Tx
www.myspace.com
oh man that looks like a mess to do that.

and yes there is a part number for the gasket that goes inbwteen the turbo and horn i picked it up at the dealer, i deleted the pm i had for it lemme see if i can find it again