Mod to turbo intake horn

WanaDmaxsub

Junior Member W/gray hair
Feb 17, 2007
I got an open ended wrench to touch the bolt but couldn't get it setted and there isn't enough room to move the wrench even if I did get it setted. Looks to me like all that EGR crap will have to come off for me to do this...:mad::mad::mad:. Radar say's rain is on the way (weatherman said it wasn't coming until tonight:rolleyes:) so I had to put everything back together (Murphy's law...).

super diesel

<<<< Under Pressure
I got an open ended wrench to touch the bolt but couldn't get it setted and there isn't enough room to move the wrench even if I did get it setted. Looks to me like all that EGR crap will have to come off for me to do this...:mad::mad::mad:. Radar say's rain is on the way (weatherman said it wasn't coming until tonight:rolleyes:) so I had to put everything back together (Murphy's law...).

Dang man. There's alot more there than I use to seeing. What a pain.

You can use some RTV silicone (we did) to seal it back on if your stock gasket doesn't survive.

2500HeavyDuty

Book 'em, Danno!
Feb 14, 2008
Katy, Tx
www.myspace.com
oh man, if i got 4 more lbs of boost, id blow something up :eek:

i already peg my 30psi gauge in a second as it is. these results are making me want to put it on right now.

my results might vary just a tad, i only have 6 good injectors :eek:

diamondshocks

crash skippy racing
Feb 15, 2009
Fargo, NS
www.diamondshocks.com
towing update

did any 200 miles today of towing. i was pulling my 27 foot enclosed race trailer. on the way to grand fork i was haulling a$$ and the pickup was really screaming so the way back resolts are a little more rear life. i had my pickup, 700lb of sand bags in the back and my race trailer, right around 6000 loaded doing down the road. about a 10MPH wind coming from the west northwest and i was going south (this morning it was 25-30 and it was straight from the north and i was heading north, lots of drag). i was going 80 with the cruise on the make comparing to before a little better. boost was a stead 15-17 PSI going that fast. EGT's were 930-960 (20-30 less that usaully at the speed on the road). it works very well but lets get to real towing life. driving around from 0 to 60 spool times are almsot half, the thing is night and day towing. also you can feel the power difference. on the highway accelling from 55-65 the spool time is cut by about 1/3.
everything is working great so far. tomorrow ill be putting on 600 miles or so and will let oyu know how it is on mileage not towing. here is a pick of the rig im towing.

Attachments

• 341389773_1171246975_0.jpg
    341389773_1171246975_0.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 42

WanaDmaxsub

Junior Member W/gray hair
Feb 17, 2007
Any excuse to buy a new tool is a good one right?:D
Picked-up a set of these today. The ratchet end pivots. Not sure when I'll be able to try again...weather doesn't look good tomorrow:mad:.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Wrench.jpg
    Wrench.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 250

super diesel

<<<< Under Pressure
did any 200 miles today of towing. i was pulling my 27 foot enclosed race trailer. on the way to grand fork i was haulling a$$ and the pickup was really screaming so the way back resolts are a little more rear life. i had my pickup, 700lb of sand bags in the back and my race trailer, right around 6000 loaded doing down the road. about a 10MPH wind coming from the west northwest and i was going south (this morning it was 25-30 and it was straight from the north and i was heading north, lots of drag). i was going 80 with the cruise on the make comparing to before a little better. boost was a stead 15-17 PSI going that fast. EGT's were 930-960 (20-30 less that usaully at the speed on the road). it works very well but lets get to real towing life. driving around from 0 to 60 spool times are almsot half, the thing is night and day towing. also you can feel the power difference. on the highway accelling from 55-65 the spool time is cut by about 1/3.
everything is working great so far. tomorrow ill be putting on 600 miles or so and will let oyu know how it is on mileage not towing. here is a pick of the rig im towing.

This is good stuff. Looks like a great review on this so far.

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
x2 the flex wrenches are almost a must these double flex wrenches from corwell have saved my but a time or 2 also , i have complete sets of both styles in sae and metric .

Attachments

• shapeimage_1.jpg
    shapeimage_1.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 21

diamondshocks

crash skippy racing
Feb 15, 2009
Fargo, NS
www.diamondshocks.com
mileage update from today. the way down ti the cites from fargo i checked mileage. l left it was 1 degree 10-15 MPH winds from the north west (i was driving south east). i was running 75 MPH, EGT's were 680-700 (about a 20 degree drop), boost ran 5-6 PSI, RPM's 2240. on the way down i ran 210 miles and then filled up. got 19.5 MPG, about a .5 MPG gain so i was very happy. on the way back i was driving into 20 MPH winds and had a freezer in the box and mileage dropped down some. intake mod works great. all around good. faster spool, more power, smoother power band, increased mileage, its all wins.

fast03

Jun 15, 2008
Rancho Cucamonga

I got mine done this weekend Lawrence. What a pain. the egr stuff is in the way. It took half anf hout to get the passenger side bolt out. Very thin wall box end and 1 mm per turn. truck definitely sounds different. have not put the race tune in to see what boost is yet. Now I will get my old one shipped back to Michael.

03 D-max

Honorary "Tosser"
Apr 29, 2008
Lowville NY
well i am going to change mine out tomorrow i have done some before logging and hopefully by the end of the weekend have some after logging then i will write up a before/after report sheet to see whats really going on :D