lowered truck pics

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Brian, Can't tell from the pic a few posts up but im going to assume that your old gray truck did not have caltracs because of the hanger interference correct?

I have regular track bars but they aren't quite doing it for me

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
James actually made me the bars for the gray truck, I had caltracs on it, but DJM hanger for crew cabs does not allow caltracs to be used with their drop.

kivetts04dmax

May 20, 2010
Boonville, MO/Pendleton, CA
Brian, Can't tell from the pic a few posts up but im going to assume that your old gray truck did not have caltracs because of the hanger interference correct?

I have regular track bars but they aren't quite doing it for me

Are you still getting some axle wrap or do you just want to switch it up? My buddy had caltracs on his cummins, that made me not want them, they squeaked all the time, worked great but loud and annoying!!

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Are you still getting some axle wrap or do you just want to switch it up? My buddy had caltracs on his cummins, that made me not want them, they squeaked all the time, worked great but loud and annoying!!

No we just have very grippy road surfaces I want to take full advantage of. Our roads have lots of lava rock because that's what they pull out of the hills to make ashphalt.

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca

DaJokr

Slum Lord Extraordinaire
Mar 7, 2013
Prince George, BC, Canada
Recently lowered with 3" drop shackles, pulled tbar bolts, installed new kyb monotubes on all 4 corners and just recently pulled the old man boards off and removed the spare. Looking for more wieght to shed.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Don't guess I've posted the red wagon in here yet.

No torsion bolts, 20x12s 285/55 toyo at2 stock spring pack and 2" shackle height in this pic. I've dropped it to 3" shackles since pic and will be pulling the overload when I get time. Working on trying to find the shorter rancho adjustable shocks for the rear since the ones I have now bottom out already.

Still have a lot to do to get it where I want it, but it's getting there. 01 lbz zf6, not a typo it's an lbz swap.

b225428ccac0ffe7f92a8dede9fd27e3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Truck looks good! :thumb:

I had to de-lower mine. The front is back up to stock height and the rear is level with the front. I got tired of the front end being so bouncy and the rear end telling me it needed a notch whenever I pulled a trailer.

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca

I had to de-lower mine. The front is back up to stock height and the rear is level with the front. I got tired of the front end being so bouncy and the rear end telling me it needed a notch whenever I pulled a trailer.

Oh yeah, the notch is definitely a necessity for heavy towing.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013

Oh yeah, the notch is definitely a necessity for heavy towing.

I'll be working on a airbag set up for this height agin on this truck. The last truck I had this low I had helper bags on and pulled a 40' trailer with 2 trucks on it no problem. I use mine every week pretty much towing something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

motoking_1990

May 9, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
How are things working with the steering on a lowered truck? I want something like a -24 offset wheel maybe 20s. Is it possible to get these wheels to not rub on a 3/4 drop?