lowered truck pics

motoking_1990

May 9, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
I tried sending brian a pm but his box is full. If I went 3/3 it would be level. Not sure on the wheel clearance. I want the front an inch or so lower than the back maybe 2.

oil99

Jan 28, 2014
If you turn the bars down a bit from stock are you guys re-aligning? I turned mine down to go with my 3" shackles to level my LMM and the shop raised it up to align to spec. Normal? Or pick a different alignment shop?

Also what are the best bags for LMM 3" shackles as there is less than 4-5"s between axle and frame.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
If you turn the bars down a bit from stock are you guys re-aligning? I turned mine down to go with my 3" shackles to level my LMM and the shop raised it up to align to spec. Normal? Or pick a different alignment shop?

Also what are the best bags for LMM 3" shackles as there is less than 4-5"s between axle and frame.

Sometimes you have to adjust the bars a little to get in alignment but you should be able to run them almost all the way down. Try another shop..

Search airbags for lowered trucks there's som good info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oil99

Jan 28, 2014
Sometimes you have to adjust the bars a little to get in alignment but you should be able to run them almost all the way down. Try another shop..

Search airbags for lowered trucks there's som good info

Thanks ya I had the front down so it had a slight rake and they said they couldn't align it without raising the front. So have a slight Cali lean.. but noticeable mostly when I hook up the trailer...hence the airbags. Looking at slam air outside frame mounts as there isn't enough room between axle and frame for the standard sets. Don't have a welder so can't do a lot of fab so want a decent bolt up set. Cheers!

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Thanks ya I had the front down so it had a slight rake and they said they couldn't align it without raising the front. So have a slight Cali lean.. but noticeable mostly when I hook up the trailer...hence the airbags. Looking at slam air outside frame mounts as there isn't enough room between axle and frame for the standard sets. Don't have a welder so can't do a lot of fab so want a decent bolt up set. Cheers!

It really depends on the truck, I've always been able to align mine lowered fairly easily.

Someone used 1500 outside mounting airbags and it worked great. I can't remember who though..

motoking_1990

May 9, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
Ive always been able to align the truck lowered with the toe, the caster seems to be the issue, but nobody has time for that.
If you dont mind me asking Brian. How was the suspension set up on this truck? It is your truck is it not?
3a53718a96073ec985a208503854f643.jpg

MAXX IT OUT

<<<IT WORKS
Mar 1, 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
Hey guys, what is the overall inflated height of the nitto 305/50R20? I know there web site said 32 inchs, but what is reality? I have been fighting with getting my front bumper to clear on the passanger side, the drivers side is fine. I have a set of 305/55R20 on there that worn down and are about 32 inchs tall. I just don't want to order new tires and have the same problem

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
If you dont mind me asking Brian. How was the suspension set up on this truck? It is your truck is it not?
3a53718a96073ec985a208503854f643.jpg

Haha damn. Lots of memories in that truck.
It was djm lower control arms, stock torsion keys and 2" drop spindles up front, djm front leaf hangers, 3 leafs per side and 5.5" drop shackles that I had extended from the belltech pieces. It was the lowest I could go without a notch, but it needed one.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
It was djm lower control arms, stock torsion keys and 2" drop spindles up front, djm front leaf hangers, 3 leafs per side and 5.5" drop shackles that I had extended from the belltech pieces. It was the lowest I could go without a notch, but it needed one.

Was it resting on the rear bumpstops or..... Because that's exactly where I am at I have no rear travel and the bumpstops are not on. I don't want to wrexk the frame with a notch so I just ordered thinner bumpstops to at least have 1" travel.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Got the LBZ level.

Yanked overload, 3" shackles, stock keys all the way down, 305/50/20's on moto metal rims. fenders are 38" all around.
:thumb:

Last edited:

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo

Would u recommend going to 2 leaves or sticking with 3?

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
I have 2 on my race truck but also has caltracs. axle wrap becomes a big issue as soon as you remove the overload. 2 leafs will have the ride of a half ton, spring. I would run 3.