lowered truck pics

andy-stevenson

Jul 7, 2013
I've got 20x10 -24 offset and they rub with just torsion bar bolts removed. And I've even taken a hammer to some metal.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
How are things working with the steering on a lowered truck? I want something like a -24 offset wheel maybe 20s. Is it possible to get these wheels to not rub on a 3/4 drop?

Tire height plays a big role. I'm on a taller tire than most at this height since most run a 285/50.

20x10s are easy compared to 20x12 -44

My last truck was 20x10 -18 and I had no problem making them fit with normal trimming. With a total of 3-4 drop. When I put the inner fender back in you really can't tell its cut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Offset plays a huge role. I don't know what everyone's obsession is with ridiculously negative offset wheels. I fit 305's with zero trimming on a 3/5 drop. They are only 20x9.5 but you literally can't tell the difference between them and a 20x10. Offset is around +24 but with the adaptors they are around +0. I very much enjoy my paint so I didn't want 3/4 of the tire sticking out of the wheel well, mine sit completely flush.
picture.php
picture.php

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Your truck looks great Sean! Im definately Diggin that Killer stance, those fog lights are a nice touch fer sure, the clear corner head/bumper lights really make it look sharp and the color matched bumpers look sweet too! Lots of little tweaks that make it what it is
:D

But...
Dude, IMHO, you need dumo that exhaust and slap some LED tails and 3rd brake light on the back side...
:thumb:

OregonDMAX

Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Haha thanks guys, yeah zero rubbing.

And coco it didn't come with those taillights so I considered that an upgrade from the ugly ones that were factory.

It has tons of subtle touches I want it to look very factory. I'm glad nobody noticed the lmm mirrors and rear bumper :D

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Hahaha
Dude, you've done a great job man, it does look pretty factory! Very stelth aesthetic mods, very nicely done!

I DID NOTICE the rear bumper and mirrors! I was thinking they looked different...thought it was just the paint :eek:

I'm so not familiar with the 01-04 body styles, but...now that you said it tho, I totally see that those are LMM parts...

And yeah, those newer style tails are much better than the tails for that era:thumb:
Sean, you did such a good job using "factory" parts while maintaining the delicate balance between being "custom" and "clean"

Your truck looks awesome
(Golf clap)
:hello:

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
And Chavis...white is my favorite color
Take that sweet lowered SC dually and GTFO....

:hug:

I hate you guys... I'm having lifted truck remorse...:(
:rolleyes:

towboattrash34

Sep 30, 2010
Picayune, Ms
I would like to lower mine 2/3 - 3/4 but I still want to be able to tow heavy. Which way to go ? Drop spindles or control arms for front and I recon the only way for back is shackles beside a flip.
Truck is in my sig. 08 Lmm

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
I would like to lower mine 2/3 - 3/4 but I still want to be able to tow heavy. Which way to go ? Drop spindles or control arms for front and I recon the only way for back is shackles beside a flip.
Truck is in my sig. 08 Lmm

All you need is a decent set of air bags and you can still tow whatever you want...lowered, lifted, doesn't matter...

I removed my overloads and run a set of bags with my lifted truck, and I can tow anything I want to

The rear can be lowered several different ways...the easiest is with a shackle set and removing the overload spring from the leaf pack, for the front you can just remove the torsion bar bolts and go from there...control arms might not be a bad idea and woukd probably be the route I would take...well, depending on if I wasn't satisfied with the height and ride accomished by removing the T-bar bolts...

towboattrash34

Sep 30, 2010
Picayune, Ms
Talked with DJM they only make 1 kit for the truck. Control arm and shackles for back. I might try it in 3 weeks when I get off the tugboat. I think I can still us aftermarket helper springs so I don't bottom out when loaded. 661.38 and about 160.00 for shocks.

Aug 3, 2013
Arizona
Sean where did you get your led pods for the fogs? Also do you know by chance what pods would work for the headlight high/low beams?

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Pretty sure they're from Rigid Industries...Looks like it might be one of their marine applications?

Been looking myself, I want to add a set into my headlight housings for the highbeam :D
Im in the middle of Doing a projector retrofit right now...

motoking_1990

May 9, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
Tire height plays a big role. I'm on a taller tire than most at this height since most run a 285/50.

20x10s are easy compared to 20x12 -44

My last truck was 20x10 -18 and I had no problem making them fit with normal trimming. With a total of 3-4 drop. When I put the inner fender back in you really can't tell its cut.

Good to know -24 offset is possible. I have been looking at some -19 too and that will also make it easier. With little trimming. I really dont care for anything more offset than -24 on these trucks. -44 is ridiculous. I have a hard enough time keeping mud off the side of my truck.

Only thing left I need to decide on is a tire. The tire i have now (cooper m/t) is really tall. I had to do some trimming on the inner wheel liner. And it has a leveling kit.

Now Im going to have to find some stock keys again. I lost my old ones in the move.

Truck looks very good Sean I noticed the lmm mirrors. Looks like its supposed to be there. Sharp truck for sure. So clean!

Aug 3, 2013
Arizona
Pretty sure they're from Rigid Industries...Looks like it might be one of their marine applications?

Been looking myself, I want to add a set into my headlight housings for the highbeam :D

Yeah we finished retrofitting some halos with a remote on my fogs/headlights a few weekends back, but adding some pods would look amazing!!

OregonDMAX

Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Sean where did you get your led pods for the fogs? Also do you know by chance what pods would work for the headlight high/low beams?

I don't know what else would fit, these were called 4x4 cube worklights and didn't fit any application I made them fit. I did however think about stuffing a set intovthe highbeams of my headlights.

Rigid is way overpriced I bought mine from diode dynamics they still have a warranty and they were priced fair and are really bright for what I needed them for. They fit almost perfect in this suburban lower valance that's why I got them.

Last edited:

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Yeah we finished retrofitting some halos with a remote on my fogs/headlights a few weekends back, but adding some pods would look amazing!!
You must be a glutton for punishment if you wanna open your headlights up AGAIN!
LOL

There is a guy over on Diesel Place (IIRC) that did a projector retrofit and he used a set of the LED pods for highbeams, and it does look pretty sweet!

I like the instant intensity that those LED pods put out, and I think they would be great for a highbeams application.

Initially I was setting up my housing for a quad projector retrofit, but saw that thread over on DP with the guy doing the retrofit and Ive been looking for a set of these pods now for a couple weeks...

Rigid is way overpriced I bought mine from diode dynamics they still have a warranty and they were priced fair and are really bright for what I needed them for. They fit almost perfect in this suburban lower valance that's why I got them.

Damnit!
There I go ASSuming again
:spit:

Diode Dynamics, huh?
Gunna go check em out now, THANKS Sean!