LMM: LMM with 222,000 tear down rebuild

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Well downside to lower stall TC pulls through bthe parking brake at idle(750) dropped to 575 but some table some brought it back up to 650-680...

For those that don't know.... DOT checks parking brake by placing truck in gear and if it holds at idle it passes.. If not.. You fail and truck gets placed out of service...

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Write a 2nd gear start tune for normal mode only and make sure you click it out of tow haul when your being checked.....

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
Educated guess here... Zero out everything related to 1st gear?

Second gear will add more residents for the converter to push through. It may or may not work and is more of a bandaid than a fix but at least it could buy you time before having to do a converter swap...

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Second gear will add more residents for the converter to push through. It may or may not work and is more of a bandaid than a fix but at least it could buy you time before having to do a converter swap...

True, also reduces TQ multiplication transmitted through the drive line... All be making sure parking brake is adjusted as well.. Course GM only made on backing plate . so one is under the axle and other is rotated 180 and above the axle.. Shoes are new.. Put them on when I put rotors on ..
Everything from shimming cable, electric line lock(since you have to apply brake to come out of Park) to
Extreme move would mount a Pinion brake on it..

Fix one problem another shows up.. Lol

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
All he needs is a bandaid. It's just to fool one of the DOT's stupid tests. It doesn't need to have a park brake at all. The park mechanism is plenty strong in an Allison transmission.

bigmackmiller

Nov 30, 2008
Kokomo, IN
Parking brake replacement is a PITA! Necessary for what you do, but I try not to even use mine because I don't want to have to mess with them again

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
I would tighten the shit out of it before I get there and then slack it off after you leave ;)

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
I would tighten the shit out of it before I get there and then slack it off after you leave ;)
What if they pull you over and decide to test it?

Dot officer's can be all sorts of fun.......

RidinHigh99

Feb 19, 2014
Why don't you just sell this thing and get something newer? Good lord you have too many problems with this thing lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Why don't you just sell this thing and get something newer? Good lord you have too many problems with this thing lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right now I'm financially married to it.. And my credit has been ****ed since I got out of the Navy in November 08.. I wasn't able to land a job until May 2010.. I was high 850-875.. Now I'm mid 500..
Good luck finding a company that will finance @ ~25k truck with 100k miles.. Forget anything over 130k miles they won't do it..

Any capital lending company I'm under their minimum of 10k month gross bank deposits which is what they look at.. My bank statements don't match (substantially less) my 1099 due to company fuel card mainly... Try explaining subcontracted small business truck company to a traditional small business executive.. Well its more productive to beat your head against a brick wall..

Ideally I'd have two trucks one first and one 50-75% of what the first string truck is..

Still looking for confirmation about that 2nd gear start tune for the TCM. Please :)

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
I thought there used to be a 2nd gear start tune in the repository but its been years since ive been in there so IDK if there is or not.

If you dig hard enough in the tuning section or pulling section, I know there are threads about how to do a 2nd gear start tune. I've done one but can't remember how to do it anymore. :eek:

I checked, looks like the 2nd gear start tcm tunes are not in the public tune library. Are you in the private section, Adam?

Last edited:

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
To do 2nd gear, I zeroed out the 1-2 shift speeds settings, and set WOT 1-2 shift to zero mph also. Also need to zero out the downshift table 2-1 and the rpm shift table.

* I don't have a 6spd so it might be different.