LMM: LMM with 222,000 tear down rebuild

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Yeah, I didn't notice that in the picture. So you had spare parts on hand to fix it?

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
New carrier ordered $272 list.. Now to just get the truck home...
Local O'Reilly has input shaft seal be in, in the AM pulling carrier and chain as per exploded diagram I can still run the cast basically gutted in 2H..
So.much for great week :eek:

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Do yourself a favor and buy a reman transfer case. GM has an excellent warranty program with there reman units.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Do yourself a favor and buy a reman transfer case. GM has an excellent warranty program with there reman units.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I'll call and price one. As mine has 286k on it.. Couple of the journal on prop shaft are little vurnt

Edit

Called ~1800.00 +$300 core. 12/12k warranty

Last edited:

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
You can do better than that. Heck, MA was cheaper than that (incl. shipping) and more warranty (2yrs/24K) IIRC. DHD is cheaper than that too I believe. It's been a cpl 2 or 3 years ago since I priced/bought one.

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Do tell.... I have always wondered if his warranty was usable...

He was talked up to be able to hell a guy out...I wasn't looking free stuff either..
He rather sell a whole tcase then parts to get yours working.. Even though he has the parts on hand... He cost me ~$4000.00 in revenue easy
Had to go through the dealer which turned out good cause the up graded the parts...

I wouldn't trust him..

After being in the MP version they are simpler then an injector swap

Edit Midwest transmission
https://www.midwesttrans.com/index.html

Quoted 390.00 for bearings and seals for my case

Last edited:

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Do tell.... I have always wondered if his warranty was usable...

Buddy of mine bought a case from him, $1400 no core. His "girlfriend" dropped it off, got no receipt, and it was painted Chevy orange. Buddy has been hassling him for 3mo for a receipt, I'm guessing he won't honor warranty without one.

Adam, I'd say yours is toast :eek:

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Buddy of mine bought a case from him, $1400 no core. His "girlfriend" dropped it off, got no receipt, and it was painted Chevy orange. Buddy has been hassling him for 3mo for a receipt, I'm guessing he won't honor warranty without one.

Adam, I'd say yours is toast :eek:

I have found.. I can fix my ****ups quicker then someone else's and with substantially less hassle

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
He was talked up to be able to hell a guy out...I wasn't looking free stuff either..
He rather sell a whole tcase then parts to get yours working.. Even though he has the parts on hand... He cost me ~$4000.00 in revenue easy
Had to go through the dealer which turned out good cause the up graded the parts...

I wouldn't trust him..

After being in the MP version they are simpler then an injector swap

Edit Midwest transmission
https://www.midwesttrans.com/index.html

Quoted 390.00 for bearings and seals for my case

Nate seems to have a lot of anger issues also. Always see him wanting to fight people on buy and sell groups. People think transfer cases are difficult. Not much to them and parts are cheap.