LML Twins and Opinions

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
So these I thought would rub but they don't touch anywhere and they are larger than both sets of tires I've had before. BFG told me when I called them that they will be releasing a 37x12.50R20 KO2 in August of this year and I'm wondering if when these tires wear out if I'll be able to trim enough to stuff them without cranking the bars anymore.

you can probably get them to clear with enough chopping but when you crank the wheel and hit a bump, they will want to rub by the firewall. that offset you have on those wheels really helps clearance.

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
How quick is the spool up from a dead stop?

If I mash it to the floor, which I almost never do, it spoils up about stock with a momentary pause and some smoke before boost comes up. Most of the time I roll in to off the line like when leaving a red light and there is virtually no lag in any tune. Most of the time the lag comes when in 6th gear with the converter locked cruising down the highway at around 60 or so and then trying to get it downshift and go so I can pass someone. Usually the trans takes some persuasion before it will downshift and this smoke and lag occur.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
So this new turbo is better than the previous two you had that were both bad? I'm sorry for not going back and reading old posts, but did you install the bigger injectors at the same time you did the turbo stuff? If so, I wonder how much of the smoke is from injectors rather than turbo lag.

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
So this new turbo is better than the previous two you had that were both bad? I'm sorry for not going back and reading old posts, but did you install the bigger injectors at the same time you did the turbo stuff? If so, I wonder how much of the smoke is from injectors rather than turbo lag.

This turbo so far feels the same as the stealth 64 did. When I did the turbos I also did the stuff in my signature including new exergy 100% injectors and new exergy 12mm CP3 conversion.

cdbright

JUST RENT IT
Dec 16, 2008
Salt Lake City, UT
once this baby pops do you plan to take the same add ons and put them on the Socal engine? Do you have an idea yet as to what HP you want them to build up?

cdbright

JUST RENT IT
Dec 16, 2008
Salt Lake City, UT
Be cool to see a stroker built up as a daily driver. That other guy on here picked that older twin up with a stroker in it and it pulls like a monster

slowlml

Undercover Epa agent
Feb 6, 2015
Strasburg Va/Wardensville Wv
Yeah that would be cool. If anyone has the pockets for it its Ken. :roflmao:
Also man it was good of you to step up an apologize. You've definitely had a bit of a rough go with this build but that happens when you build anything with high horsepower or as extensively and as fast as you through it together. Its been pretty good to you considering that.

SoCalMike

Dec 12, 2010
SoCal
No it’s got the stock balancer on it. Whenever I build the motor I’m doing a SoCal motor with all the goodies and whatever balancer they prescribe.

On another note, the truck rides a lot nicer with these KO2s than it did with the skinny G2s and overall I love the new look and feel. These are probably my 4th set of these they’ve just been on different vehicles over the years. Hoping to get some good mileage out of them but have heard to expect otherwise.

Last note, the off idle vibration is mostly gone now most likely because of the new found clearance between the crossover pipe and the Y bridge. The way Sean did it you can’t even tell anything was done it looks perfect.

Do you get the K02's DT. They are different than the regular K02's and are supposed to last longer with a 50k mile warranty.

I really liked them when I had them. Good grip in all situations for me. They just didn't last as long as I liked and I drive easy.

SickLL7Crenshaw

Billy The Kid
Mar 10, 2013
Mexico
Blakes the man I can’t say a bad word about him or his product. His tunes are awesome and so is his personal customer service. He’s got a customer for life here. He spent probably 30-40 minutes on the phone with me and he didnt have to. If it weren’t for him calling me back, I’d be in an Uber and my truck would have been towed to the dealer for a new ECM possibly.

Appreciate the kind words Ken, glad the truck is running great. I do my best to help the members on this site. As many know I ONLY sale tuning to my authorized dealers and to members on this site. If you are a member on this site I give a discount as well. I have already asked Rob to be a vendor and also have several current vendors put in a good word for me which I really appreciate it! Just playing the waiting game now so I can actually advertise here.

Also Tom, for being a mod on the site, your posts are really immature. Grow up.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I was being slightly serious, Blake. Do we really need another "train wreck" if something else goes wrong? Better to leave things on a good note.

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
If you don’t mind I’d like to keep the thread open until I can get dyno and track results up for the setup I’ve got now.

Also to answer the question about whether or not I would keep the current air and fuel that I have on this engine on a SoCal engine, I believe I would. I think it’s good for about 900HP or close to it and as a daily driver and a tow vehicle I think it’s pretty much as big as I can go for those applications. It’s not a race truck and has no cage and won’t ever.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Appreciate the kind words Ken, glad the truck is running great. I do my best to help the members on this site. As many know I ONLY sale tuning to my authorized dealers and to members on this site. If you are a member on this site I give a discount as well. I have already asked Rob to be a vendor and also have several current vendors put in a good word for me which I really appreciate it! Just playing the waiting game now so I can actually advertise here.

Also Tom, for being a mod on the site, your posts are really immature. Grow up.

I disagree and think that was un-called for. Watch your step here. Seems you're getting some big balls. Moderators don't need this and can react in a nasty way.

SickLL7Crenshaw

Billy The Kid
Mar 10, 2013
Mexico
I disagree and think that was un-called for. Watch your step here. Seems you're getting some big balls. Moderators don't need this and can react in a nasty way.

There was no need for anyone (especially a mod) to make a comment like that after there wasn’t any type of “derailment” or drama for a “train wreck” for the last 24hrs on this thread.

Mike, your friend never called me about that shifting issue on that LML regarding TCM tune issues potentially that we discussed on the phone. Hope he got his issues ironed out.