LML Twins and Opinions

cdbright

JUST RENT IT
Dec 16, 2008
Salt Lake City, UT
WTF:roflmao:those must be some killer ratchet straps

I was under the truck trying to find it in a parking lot in Baker CA and a cop rolled up and crawled under to help, i told him to drive it around the parking lot while i hung there to see if i could find it and he said HELL NO, OUR INS WILL NOT COVER THAT:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
i chased my heat shield rattle on one of my LMMs for months, even tried to get anybody to drive the truck while i was ratchet strapped undernieth to get a better view, finally got a long enough crow bar to reach it and bent the hell out of it to make it stop. Good luck with the phantom vibration search :thumb::thumb:

That’s commitment. I’ve read countless threads about it just being a thing with twin turbo kits. Not going to give up though it’s super annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Digmax

Jan 23, 2016
That’s commitment. I’ve read countless threads about it just being a thing with twin turbo kits. Not going to give up though it’s super annoying.

It is a thing with lmls and twin kits I had a 2014 with a wcfab 475 over stock setup and it was bad. I got used to it though. My brother has a 2016 hsp 475 over stock setup and his is a lot better but def still there. Only difference is his has a extra bracket on the 475 support bar off of the block. The vibration is def harmonics in the engine.... not rubbing or rattling. If you have someone slowly bring your engine off idle while you have your hand on your 480 you will see what I mean.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
It is a thing with lmls and twin kits I had a 2014 with a wcfab 475 over stock setup and it was bad. I got used to it though. My brother has a 2016 hsp 475 over stock setup and his is a lot better but def still there. Only difference is his has a extra bracket on the 475 support bar off of the block. The vibration is def harmonics in the engine.... not rubbing or rattling. If you have someone slowly bring your engine off idle while you have your hand on your 480 you will see what I mean.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Thanks I think there’s probably nothing I can do about it. It’s between 750-780RPM which sucks because if you let off the throttle and coast at about 25MpH the engine is stuck in that range and it vibrates horribly until you come to a complete stop.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Could get your tuner to raise idle to 800. Or lower to 720 or whatever you need to do to get it out of that range.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Larsen, Wisconsin
Could get your tuner to raise idle to 800. Or lower to 720 or whatever you need to do to get it out of that range.

It’s like I mentioned that many pages ago lol.

Glad to hear this worked out for the OP. Maybe next time he won’t be so quick to jump to a forum and bash a company for not treating him like he owns the place.

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC

Glad to hear this worked out for the OP. Maybe next time he won’t be so quick to jump to a forum and bash a company for not treating him like he owns the place.

Leave him be. No disrespect. Dramas over. We don’t need another 700 replies tho it was a pretty fun read lol

kiwilml

Nov 4, 2015
Thanks I think there’s probably nothing I can do about it. It’s between 750-780RPM which sucks because if you let off the throttle and coast at about 25MpH the engine is stuck in that range and it vibrates horribly until you come to a complete stop.

If yours doesn't have that little bracket maybe your vibration could be helped a little. Can't remember who's kit you ended up going with or maybe the shop forgot to install it. I know I couldn't figure out where mine went until I called hsp, it wasn't mentioned in the instructions I received with the kit.

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
If yours doesn't have that little bracket maybe your vibration could be helped a little. Can't remember who's kit you ended up going with or maybe the shop forgot to install it. I know I couldn't figure out where mine went until I called hsp, it wasn't mentioned in the instructions I received with the kit.

Do you mean the tubular pedestal piece that bolts the 480 to the side of the block? I haven’t looked but I’m 99% sure it was installed and I know that it came with the kit because I handled it myself when I went through the boxes before I took the truck to the first shop that did the original install.

Also, idle is set at 720 or 740, whatever stock is. It doesn’t vibrate at that speed it’s only on tip in/very light throttle or when coasting between 15-30MPH. Sounds like a heat shield or something touching and I’ve had a bunch of people verify that nothings touching anywhere. We even clearances the crossover where it may have been touching the y bridge and that didn’t solve anything either.

kiwilml

Nov 4, 2015
Found this old pic here, not very good but maybe it'll make sense. Red line is the main mount for the turbo. Yellow is the bracket we are talking about and the blue is the block ya know.
2f619034c4ce2d7d1d012bc0d92ebae6.jpg

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
My SDP kit didn’t have that extra bracket and I’m not sure the WCFab kit did either but I’ll double check.

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010

Never heard from anybody and if it weren’t for this thread I’d be getting my truck back in August instead of today.

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
Found this old pic here, not very good but maybe it'll make sense. Red line is the main mount for the turbo. Yellow is the bracket we are talking about and the blue is the block ya know.
2f619034c4ce2d7d1d012bc0d92ebae6.jpg

WCFab says no bracket should be in this kit.

kiwilml

Nov 4, 2015
WCFab says no bracket should be in this kit.

I hear ya, well I sure don't know but seems like that little bracket could possibly help out with the vibration. I know mine isn't bad at all, I don't even notice it any more.