LML Twins and Opinions

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
First, if all the warranty claims in front of him were from months or longer used turbos issues, I think to jump on a failure that happened with a brand new product was the right thing to do.

I know for a fact that statement isn’t accurate.

Blackmax123

Aug 2, 2014
central Pennsylvania
It's amazing how fast mark can rebuild a turbo.

He on a s475 I have, swapped a cast wheel for a billet wheel, added 360 thrust bearing, and polished the front cover while I stood there waiting in about a half hour.

What a lot of people don't realize is the amount of work that goes through the shop there. They're not all performance stuff. They have a ton of locals that look at them as nothing more than a tire and repair shop to keep their family vehicle on the road. First time I was there I was amazed I drove 8 hours to have my truck dyno tuned and there was people sitting in the waiting area that just stopped by to get tires or an oil change on their mini van.. It's a pretty amazing place there..

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
That was the 700th post in the thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...and only about 40 of them are actually useful. The rest, not so much.

I realize its a Saturday, but is Copperhead doing the install today? Or is that waiting until Monday?

six5creed

Jan 6, 2016
N.C.

I realize its a Saturday, but is Copperhead doing the install today? Or is that waiting until Monday?

Tom, you’re joking, right? There is no waiting on this one.

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010

They’re all useful to me especially the ones that identify all the dickheads here. They’ll install Monday and Tuesday and I’ll have it back by Wednesday. Then new tires and wheels and head for California Thursday.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Well, just remember this: those same people youre calling "dickheads" now are the same people you've learned your Dmax performance info from for free for 9 years on this site. Most of them have already gone thru something similar with their trucks in the past, too. The monetary pain hits us all in this hobby to varying degrees, same with time and not being able to use our trucks. Shit happens. You deal with it and move on.

But if you prefer everyone to be on your side and them to never question anything (mainly bc they don't know squat), there's always DF. ;) Id include, "Good luck with that", though.

PS, I write this as I sit in a hospital room with my daughter as she's being treated for kidney problems. There are far, far, far more important things in life than an f-ing truck........

Last edited:

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
Well, just remember this: those same people youre calling "dickheads" now are the same people you've learned your Dmax performance info from for free for 9 years on this site. Most of them have already gone thru something similar with their trucks in the past, too. The monetary pain hits us all in this hobby to varying degrees.

But if you prefer everyone to be on your side and them to never question anything (mainly bc they don't know squat), there's always DF. ;) Id include, "Good luck with that", though.

I never said everybody here is like that. I’d say 98% of the members here are cordial and respectful.

six5creed

Jan 6, 2016
N.C.
They’re all useful to me especially the ones that identify all the dickheads here. They’ll install Monday and Tuesday and I’ll have it back by Wednesday. Then new tires and wheels and head for California Thursday.

I couldn’t agree with this statement more. Especially that OP, man is he something :)

Blackmax123

Aug 2, 2014
central Pennsylvania
PS, I write this as I sit in a hospital room with my daughter as she's being treated for kidney problems There are far, far, far more important things in life than an f-ing truck........

I hope all is well with her. Nothing scarier than waiting in a hospital waiting room when one of your kids is being treated.

But well said, I'm kinda grew tired of dumping money on trucks and wasting time with them I could've been spending with my kids. This why I just traded my built motor lml on a new yukon xl. The joy on the kids faces while we are driving down the road and they can watch their favorite dvd's is priceless..

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I’ll send you my address and you can come tell me that. SmokeShow and GMDuramax too.

I remember the last someone said that. And that guy did show up lol. Cough cough Josh H Cough!!

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
Truck is done. Picking it up tomorrow morning. Got the manifold ground down so it doesn’t vibrate on the steering column anymore but the off idle vibration is still there even after clearancing the crossover pipe between the 480 and the valley charger that was touching the y bridge.

cdbright

JUST RENT IT
Dec 16, 2008
Salt Lake City, UT
i chased my heat shield rattle on one of my LMMs for months, even tried to get anybody to drive the truck while i was ratchet strapped undernieth to get a better view, finally got a long enough crow bar to reach it and bent the hell out of it to make it stop. Good luck with the phantom vibration search :thumb::thumb:

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
i chased my heat shield rattle on one of my LMMs for months, even tried to get anybody to drive the truck while i was ratchet strapped undernieth to get a better view, finally got a long enough crow bar to reach it and bent the hell out of it to make it stop. Good luck with the phantom vibration search :thumb::thumb:

WTF:roflmao:those must be some killer ratchet straps